Call Forwarding - Unexpected response from network error

Search This thread

zaghy2zy

Jul 16, 2009
Toronto
When I update my voicemail settings, or call forwarding, I get a "Unexpected response fron network" error message. I called my provider (Rogers) and said it appears to be correct on their system... However, it doesn't seem so because when people call me, they get forwarded to Google Voice... I already uninstalled Google Voice, and it was taken out already, however, it still forwards to there which is a USA number and I'm in Canada, so people who call me get forwarded to a long distance number and it bothers me and them so much...

Rogers told me to contact HTC but I want to hear your solutions first guys... BTW, I'm using the Virtuous ROM (which is almost entirely stock packages)

Help?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Moto5uk

Sep 6, 2011
Rayleigh
Call Forwarding Problem

I have an unlocked AT&T Atrix on Orange UK running Gingerbread. As soon as you go and look at the Call Forwarding options the phone indicates that all calls are Forwarded and the Icon top left turns on, disabling 'Foward All' shows disabled for a few seconds then comes back with the 'Unexpected reponse from network' message, although calls are not actually Forwarded (can still receive calls). Old SIM card, but OK in old V3x phone. I tried with a '3' Network SIM and all works as expected, so definitely an Orange problem with Android/Atrix. I called Orange who sent some SIM updates one of which failed, called them again and they decided to send me a new SIM but this has made no difference at all.
Only way to reset the indicator and message once on, is to enter ##21# which does the job.
Just an annoying Network bug but interested if anyone knows how to get Orange (and I guess T-Mobile) to do anything about this as it seems from other research to affect several different phone makes and models.

Last edited:

Socraticd

Nov 26, 2013
Same issue

I'm Having the same issue on Rogers with my Xperia ion....still ahven't sorted it out

nickel911

Aug 27, 2007
Any Resolution to this issue? I have what appears to be an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 Active from ATT and attempting to use my CRICKET SIM and I get this message.

Top Liked Posts