[ROM][NAND][CM7.2]unofficial Android 2.3.7 for Rhodium 2013.07.09

Search This thread

imohtep

Sep 20, 2008
Hi, i have add this logs from Josemata00 ; we hope this can help us to find something for fix this nightmare :( ; he said when the phone is in SOD for a few minuts it has ADB comunications yet; That is the best time to extract the information.

Last edited:

argenisaz

May 2, 2010
El Tigrito, Anzoátegui
Hi folks!

I decided to run a little test, one that arrrghhh and others have proposed several times: disable mobile data.

Two findings:

1. As expected, battery life is astonishing! I went to bed with 49% battery remaining and 8 hours later I still had 45%! That's great! With data enabled, my phone would be dead after that period of time. Clearly 3G plows through battery life.

2. I haven't had a single reboot or SOD. My phone has been up and running for 14 hours and 17 minutes.

So, speculating once again, is it possible that 3G and/or any app that uses 3G data is the culprit of the reboots and SOD's?

Maybe our radio software doesn't handle very well low or non optimal network conditions causing our phones to panic and freeze or restart.

Once again, I have no hard evidence, just pouring out my thoughts.

What do you folks think?

charls9108

May 4, 2008
well, after using it about 4 days the problems are:
sometimes i dont receive calls, I tested it calling my phone and i heard it ringing but i saw my phone and it doesnt wakeup.
battery life is really poor, just in standby it remains 12 hours.
gsm data sometimes intermitent.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Hi folks!

I decided to run a little test, one that arrrghhh and others have proposed several times: disable mobile data.

Two findings:

1. As expected, battery life is astonishing! I went to bed with 49% battery remaining and 8 hours later I still had 45%! That's great! With data enabled, my phone would be dead after that period of time. Clearly 3G plows through battery life.

2. I haven't had a single reboot or SOD. My phone has been up and running for 14 hours and 17 minutes.

So, speculating once again, is it possible that 3G and/or any app that uses 3G data is the culprit of the reboots and SOD's?

Maybe our radio software doesn't handle very well low or non optimal network conditions causing our phones to panic and freeze or restart.

What do you folks think?

It's always been a well-known issue that low service areas will suck your battery - that applies to ANY device that's struggling to get service.. It's also been a bug in this port where low service will cause the phone to die / SOD. In addition to that, on a native device if you disable data it will help battery life immensely. It only makes sense that disabling data on our port would yield the same result.

argenisaz

May 2, 2010
El Tigrito, Anzoátegui
Hi folks!

Two findings:

What do you folks think?

Just had a SOD. :(

The screen failed to wake up properly after a phone call finished.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Just had a SOD. :(

The screen failed to wake up properly after a phone call finished.

To be clear - an SOD is where the phone is completely and utterly dead. The screen will NEVER wake no matter how much you try, usb/adb doesn't work, etc. The phone is dead, dead, dead. Correct?

If the screen just fails to wake for a moment, but then eventually lights, that's expected. If the processor is working hard, the device definitely has a tough time waking.

argenisaz

May 2, 2010
El Tigrito, Anzoátegui
To be clear - an SOD is where the phone is completely and utterly dead. The screen will NEVER wake no matter how much you try, usb/adb doesn't work, etc. The phone is dead, dead, dead. Correct?

Correct, this is what happened to me. The phone died completely after the phone called finished. I left it on the desk for a couple of minutes, but the phone never responded. As soon as I plugged in the usb cable to see if I could pull some logs the phone restarted.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Correct, this is what happened to me. The phone died completely after the phone called finished. I left it on the desk for a couple of minutes, but the phone never responded. As soon as I plugged in the usb cable to see if I could pull some logs the phone restarted.

Hrm, perhaps that wasn't an SOD. I find it interesting that the phone restarted when you plugged in USB - that means it was at least somewhat alive. Every true SOD I've had, the phone does nothing - even after plugging in USB.

Be a little more patient next time - give it 15 minutes, and try to wake it up a few times before giving up on it.

Reactions: argenisaz

argenisaz

May 2, 2010
El Tigrito, Anzoátegui
Hrm, perhaps that wasn't an SOD. I find it interesting that the phone restarted when you plugged in USB - that means it was at least somewhat alive. Every true SOD I've had, the phone does nothing - even after plugging in USB.

Be a little more patient next time - give it 15 minutes, and try to wake it up a few times before giving up on it.

It's happened to me every time, regardless of the build. The phone locks up completely and as soon I plug in the usb cable it restarts.

I'll follow your advice and next time I'll let it settle for at least 15 minutes.

Thanks!!!

nosedive

hm.. gladly this does not happen to me - my phone does frequent restarts ... that happens to me 2-3 times a day .. i guess this is a memory problem as multitaksing using whatsapp + facebook + browser + dialer replicates this behavior..
logs attached!
so far, battery life is very good and disabling data definitly works. also gps fix is here within 20-30 secs which is superb - btw i use the a-gps patch ver 2.2 from this thread
thanks for all you efforts!

Attachments

• 2012-04-25-11-43-50.txt
    82.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 2012-04-26-09-48-33.txt
    71.2 KB · Views: 2

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
hm.. gladly this does not happen to me - my phone does frequent restarts ... that happens to me 2-3 times a day .. i guess this is a memory problem as multitaksing using whatsapp + facebook + browser + dialer replicates this behavior..
logs attached!
so far, battery life is very good and disabling data definitly works. also gps fix is here within 20-30 secs which is superb - btw i use the a-gps patch ver 2.2 from this thread
thanks for all you efforts!

gps.conf is set to europe as default in cm7.2. there are a lot of apps that fix the gps.conf setting matching your location

CodaHighland

Feb 24, 2012
i guess this is a memory problem as multitaksing using whatsapp + facebook + browser + dialer replicates this behavior..

Mostly Facebook. Find a different FB app and you'll improve your experience. All of the first-party Facebook apps are junk of different degrees, and the Android port is the worst. (The Blackberry port is probably the least offensive.) Even Facebook itself has noticed that people prefer using the FB website in their phone's browser than use the free FB app provided for the same device.

argenisaz

May 2, 2010
El Tigrito, Anzoátegui
Why wouldn't you use the GPS fix that's made for Rhodium's? :rolleyes:

Just testing all available solutions my friend. ;)

I did try the one you suggest, no luck.

See, I'm in a very peculiar situation. The geniuses responsible of the configuration of the CDMA towers where I live set the geolocation info wrong. If I use cell based location any navigation software (under WinMo or Android) reports that I'm in a city that's 700 km away from my actual location. :confused:

Under winmo, I used the HTC GPS Tool to get a lock. Had to put my phone on airplane mode first, force a cold boot of the GPS and wait for a couple of minutes.

Haven't been able to replicates this with Android.

I'll just keep trying. Cheers!!! :D

By the way, my carrier runs a hybrid network (CDMA/GSM). Using GSM GPS works like a charm!

Last edited:

Mephikun

Dec 1, 2011
Bangor
Thanks for all your work on this.

I was wondering how well this runs on the TP2. I'm considering buying one, and Android would be amazing.

Thanks,
Mephikun

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I did try the one you suggest, no luck.

Perhaps you didn't apply it correctly...

By the way, my carrier runs a hybrid network (CDMA/GSM). Using GSM GPS works like a charm!

You must understand the way cell tower location works is very different between GSM and CDMA. GSM actually locates using a triangulation method similar to GPS. CDMA basically has GPS info on each tower, and that tower reports the information to the device. I guess if your provider was dumb and put the wrong coordinates in the towers, they will be wrong - which is really odd, considering cell towers use GPS timing to coordinate signal broadcast...

I was wondering how well this runs on the TP2. I'm considering buying one, and Android would be amazing.

OK I guess, but you'd be better served buying a native Android device, if you want Android. Do not buy a device made for WinMo and expect Android to be flawless on it...

Besides that, the hardware is pretty old - so even if it was 100% perfect, it will still be slow and won't play new games (Adreno130 doesn't support OpenGLES2.0)

Reactions: argenisaz

argenisaz

May 2, 2010
El Tigrito, Anzoátegui
Perhaps you didn't apply it correctly...

Guess I'll find out the next time I travel to a city that doesn't have the aforementioned issue. (it's not a nation wide problem, some cell towers are configured properly and GPS works like a charm).

You must understand the way cell tower location works is very different between GSM and CDMA. GSM actually locates using a triangulation method similar to GPS. CDMA basically has GPS info on each tower, and that tower reports the information to the device. I guess if your provider was dumb and put the wrong coordinates in the towers, they will be wrong - which is really odd, considering cell towers use GPS timing to coordinate signal broadcast...

Yep, I'm aware of the differences. And yes, my provider was dumb enough to put the wrong coordinates in the towers. I have several friends with CDMA WinMo devices and they have the same issue. But my friends with GSM WinMo devices have no such issues.

Anyway, this isn't a deal breaker for me, I'm a happy android camper. :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Last edited:

hao0907047407

Nov 16, 2007
My phone is rhod100. it's HSPL. I follow instructions but here i don't know:
13. open windows shell (cmd)
14. browse to /android-sdk/platform-tools

Next steps are taken from ACLs install wiki:

In your CMD window type these commands:
Fastboot erase recovery
Fastboot erase boot
Fastboot erase misc
Fastboot erase system
Fastboot erase data
Fastboot erase cache

Load the cwm_recovery.img with fastboot:

In your CMD window type this command:
Fastboot flash recovery cwm_recovery.img
Reboot: (Or hit the reset button)

Fastboot reboot

Once LK is starting to load (Blue screen) press and hold the "POWER BUTTON" until you feel it vibrate(Top button). LK will let you know when it detected a press. Your recovery should load

To Navigate in Recovery you can use the Vol UP/DOWN(Move UP/DOWN), END Call Key(Enter/Select) or the keyboard arrows with the enter key.
Select "apply update from sdcard".
Select "CM7.2-xxx.zip" and wait for it to finish installing.
Select "reboot system now"

First boot need ~ 5min

GAPPS and kernel updates:

- GAPPS http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

- modded ramdisk for ACL-kernel (ACL-kernel+modded ramdisk) acls-kernel-new-lowmemory-settings.zip more information Link

Please guide me more detail about it. if you can do with images or video as possible. because I do not know much about EnglishThank you very much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM7 for Rhodium

Big thanks to ACL, detule (agps), pcgg (wifi fix) wizardknight (kernel) and CM7 team for HTC Hero support.

Based on official HTC Hero CyanogenMOD 7.2 and some libs, files, kernel and modules from ACLs OMGB or from Xdandroid nand.

AGPS support is from this link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp2-development/149104-testing-rhod-agps-xtra-support.html

2.6.27 kernel

- native tethering is not working

3.3.6 kernel

- native tethering is not working
    - autobacklight is not working
    - reboot is not working
    - bluetooth only working partial
    - usb mass-storage is not working

3.4.41 kernel

- update cm7.2 to 2013.03.01 hero source
    - update kernel to 3.4.41 from wizardknight
    - reboot and autobacklight work
    - bluetooth please test and report if something not work

For faster gps fix --> enable data or wifi connection and gps --> reboot or use Leo AGPS injector
    gps.conf is setup for europe servers.

Download CM7.2:

2.6.27 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-20120424.zip
    3.3.6 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.3.6-201200523.zip
    CM7.2-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.4.41-201300709.zip

Mirror 1 (MEGA)

How to install starting from Windows Mobile: (HSPL needed on your phone) based on: How to install nand wiki from ACL:

1. install Android-SDK on your Windows PC http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    2. copy files from platform-tools.zip to Android-SDK/platform-tools/
    3. copy cwm_recovery_latest.img to Android-SDK/platform-tools/ (http://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/downloads/list)
    4. copy RHODIMG.NBH = ACLs LK for Rhodium to the root of your sdcard (http://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/downloads/list)
    5. copy CM7.2-xxxx.zip to the root of your sdcard
    6. shut down your phone
    7. connect the phone via USB to your PC
    8. start your phone with Power plus Vol-
    9. phone detect flash image now
    10. flash image
    11. reboot your phone (usb connected)
    12. install HTC android driver (htc android driver.zip)
    13. open windows shell (cmd)
    14. browse to /android-sdk/platform-tools

Next steps are taken from ACLs install wiki:

In your CMD window type these commands:
    1. Fastboot erase recovery
    2. Fastboot erase boot
    3. Fastboot erase misc
    4. Fastboot erase system
    5. Fastboot erase userdata
    6. Fastboot erase cache

Load the cwm_recovery.img with fastboot:

1. Fastboot flash recovery cwm_recovery_latest.img

Reboot: (Or hit the reset button)

1. Fastboot reboot

Once LK is starting to load (Blue screen) press and hold the "POWER BUTTON" until you feel it vibrate(Top button). LK will let you know when it detected a press. Your recovery should load (If it not work unplug USB cable and reset your phone)

To Navigate in Recovery you can use the Vol UP/DOWN(Move UP/DOWN), END Call Key(Enter/Select) or the keyboard arrows with the enter key.

1. Select "apply update from sdcard".
    2. Select "CM7.2-xxx.zip" and wait for it to finish installing.
    3. Select "reboot system now"

First boot need ~ 5min

GAPPS:

- GAPPS http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Edit build.prop and set ro.telephony.network=4 to get CDMA running thanks argenisaz

Better performance settings

- settings/cyanogenmod --> settings/performance

• Compcache = disabled
    • use JIT = disable
    • surface dithering = disabled
    • use 16bit transparency = enabled (system maybe unstable after this)
    - settings/cyanogenmod --> settings/display

• disable screen off animation
    - settings/display

• animations = no animations
    - settings/ADW launcher --> Drawer settings

• disable animated drawer
    • disable fade app labels
    Changelog:

2013.07.09 update kernel and cm7.2 source, new kernel fixed a lot of problems
    2012.05.23 new 3.3.6 kernel build for GSM, back to acl ramdisk, gsm data and apn fixed
    2012.05.22 added CM7.2 build GSM with new detule 3.3.6 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.3.6-201200522.zip
    2012.05.15 added CM7.2 build GSM and CDMA with new detule 3.3.4 kernel
    2012.04.23 modded ramdisk for ACL kernel https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3OovGFEtCdnSEhMdVZINVlhU2M
    2012.04.20 updated build with ACLs new kernel
    2012.04.16 added link to ACLs new kernel
    2012.04.15 update base to CM-7.2.0 RC1 Hero GSM, zipalign on boot, fix for button backlight
    2012.04.03 fixed keyboard backlight, zipalign all apps
    2012.03.27 first release
    Got a "new" touch pro2. Will update this cm7.2 build. But i will need some time for this.
    I hacked up a zip file that installs the kernel from the latest OMGB release as it has some new battery code. I though I would post it in case someone wants to play with it. The kernel will not work on the 3.x.x versions of this rom I suspect, but I was able to use it with the 2.6.x version. Also some gps libs I pulled from GBX. Not sure if they are newer than the ones in this rom, but there they are. No warranty or support for this is offered. It should be fine, but if your phone becomes Skynet after installing I take no responsibility.
    Information about 3.3.4 kernel build!

- Display will be black if you try to press power and devices sleeps and USB-cable is plugged.
    - without plugged USB-cable display works normal
    - wifi is not working (fixed with 2012-05-22 build)
    - data works only with enabled national/international roaming
    - automatic APN settings did not work
    - autobacklight is not working - switch to manual

- detule 3.3.4 (6) kernel
    - ramdisk modded to work with cm7.2
    - /lib/hw used from Xdandroid GBX0C nand
    - mediaprovider.apk form Xdandroid GBX0C nand (CM7.2 mediaprovider = FC)

CDMA build is not tested.
    Happened again, I made a phone call, the screen went of when I raised the phone near my face, called finished and the screen never came on again, the phone was completely unresponsive. Left alone for a while. Nothing. As as I plugged in the USB cable it rebooted.

Thing is, for me this issue is easy to replicate. It happens only on long calls (over 10 minutes give or take). On short calls I never experience this. But during long calls it happens each and every time.

Posting last kmsg.

Maybe less ram. You run some havy background apps. Try without whatsapp.