[APP][FREE!] Omega Statusbar - A statusbar replacement with themes!!!

Search This thread

A Dev@Calsto

Jul 26, 2012
www.calsto.com
Omega StatusBar - A new kind of StatusBar
The first statusbar replacement that supports themes built by anyone!
Works well on any device with 2.1 and above. Tested on JB 4.1

unnamed.jpg

About
Replace your stock statusbar with a fully themeable StatusBar! Omega StatusBar is a statusbar replacement that allows you to control the look, feel, and layout of your StatusBar!

Omega StatusBar is so much more than just another statusbar replacement. It takes statusbar customizability to the next level. With tons of themes available from many developers, you will have an endless supply of looks, styles, and layouts to choose from. On top of that, Omega StatusBar also offers many built-in settings and preferences to get the statusbar look just how you want it! Omega StatusBar offers features that no other statusbar replacement on the market has done! Omega StatusBar is the first replacement to allow theme support from other developers to fully maximize the user experience!

What are the main features of Omega StatusBar?
★ Replaces the stock statusbar to provide a beautiful statusbar
★ Allows support for third party themes made by anyone
★ Auto-detection for hidden status bar or screen orientation
★ Task killer safe! Will auto-reboot when killed
★ Start-on-boot option to auto start when device is rebooted
★ System Sensors to notify of device errors and alerts
★ High Temp sensor and Battery sensors
★ Gesture smooth for default pull down
★ Content settings to give you full control of what is visible
★ Exclusion list for unwanted application notifications
★ Notification Count for repeating notifications
★ Animated Charging Battery
★ Animated statusbar background
★ Theme Manager to manage all your themes
★ Low ram foot print of under 20mb

ScreenShots
ss1.png

ss2.png

ss3.png

ss4.png

ss6.png

ss7.png

ss8.png

Download It!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.calsto.omega.statusbar

or

Make your own theme?!?! See the post below!!!

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 14,954
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 14,667
  • ss3.jpg
    ss3.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 14,603
  • ss4.jpg
    ss4.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 14,375
  • ss6.jpg
    ss6.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 14,508
  • ss7.jpg
    ss7.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 14,267
  • ss8.jpg
    ss8.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 14,110
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 13,964
Last edited:

A Dev@Calsto

Jul 26, 2012
www.calsto.com
How to make a statusbar theme

1. Use the Omega StatusBar Theme Studio (Easiest)
This is a mode of StudioAndroid.
To go to this mode, run StudioAndroid > Options > Toggle Omega.
The purpose of the Omega Mode is to create themes for Omega Themes on the fly.

1. Download StudioAndroid here.
-Windows-
Download one of the stable updates
Extract in a path without spaces (e.g. NOT in "Documents and Settings")
Double-click StudioWindows.exe
-Lubuntu-
Download the latest update OR one of the stable updates
Extract in your home directory
double-click StudioUnix
-Mac-
install python2.7: 64-bit/32-bit x86-64/i386 / 32-bit i386/PPC
Install this (GTK+ and PyGTK)
Download THIS
Run StudioUnix

2. Run the studio to begin making themes.
3. Click Options > Toggle Omega to get to the omega theme creator.
4. Begin making your own Omega StatusBar Theme.

Link to full studio thread.

2. Manually create your own theme from our template
Step 1 - Download the theme template here --> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36068089/Omega%20StatusBar%20Theme%20Template.zip
Step 2 - Open the Theme Template. You can use eclipse if you have that all set up or you can simply just edit it with any text editor and sign it. There are many ways to do it. Search it or contact for help!
Step 3 - Open the Res folder. Choose values, then open the Strings.xml file.
Step 4 - Edit the info about your theme. Such as your website, version info, and most importantly, your theme name!
Step 5 - Go back to the values folder and open the config_values.xml file.
Step 6 - Follow the simple directions and edit the file. This file includes layout info and important settings to make your statusbar unique!
Step 7 - Go back to the values folder again and open the colors.xml file.
Step 8 - Edit the color codes. Awesome site for basic colors --> http://html-color-codes.info/
Step 9 - Simply replace all the images in the drawable folders with yours. Make sure to rename your images properly. And don't forget to properly scale them! If you don't, your theme will look like Sh!t on many devices!
Step 10 - The drawable folder contains a bunch of xml files. These are basic animation files for battery charging. But there is one important file you should edit. The Background Animation. Open statusbar_background_animation.xml. This file contains the sequence of images in an animation and the timing each on takes. Swap out the names for what your background animation images are in order. Then alter the timing each one takes. The higher the value, the longer it takes. Notice how we didn't really do much in this file or add any background animation? Well, the default theme doesn't have one. So just add your own images. Pretty simple, right? ;)
Step 11 - Test, test, test. Make sure everything is working and looks good!
Step 12 - Sign and publish your new theme. Want to make some extra money? Publish to the market. But please make a few free themes per paid theme. Just to help Omega StatusBar grow.

If you get any errors in the res folder, check your images and delete the ds.store file if it shows up. I use Mac :p

Need help or get confused, just contact us!
Have a suggestion? Contact us!
Have an update or awesome add-on to the template? Contact us!

Please help keep the thread clear of random questions about creating a theme.

Last edited:

A Dev@Calsto

Jul 26, 2012
www.calsto.com
Reserved For Change Log

V1.2.0.0
★ Added XHDPI Support for large screen
★ Fixed 24 hour clock
★ Fixed GPS indicator
★ Fixed WiFi Indicator
★ Fixed settings glitch
★ Added spacing/padding support for themes
★ New Overlap feature for themes such as 4.0 styling
★ Sensitivity adjustment

V1.1.0.0
★ Huge Screen DPI fix
★ Auto adjusting to your stock StatusBar height for a perfect match
★ Menu Sensitivity fixed
★ Small bug fixes

V1.0.0.0
★ First Release (Beta)

Last edited:

A Dev@Calsto

Jul 26, 2012
www.calsto.com
Featured Themes

PM me for your theme to be looked at and listed if it qualifies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JellyBean StatusBar Theme
Download it free here

ScreenShots:
w5M8J9X75tYzMn2BrwiMmD4IMhX48a_-rSfrUszd5N5bf-t0f1CRxvYEcev5Wfpp-Ng
V8aYDHDJ4Eh3i2Pf9gWGCMm5NDgNz1eC4V6RMP9DsqIQWDyVN3eVYk_2I9qGvkBaKno

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ICS StatusBar Theme
Download it free here

ScreenShots:
pIb-WDDXE7cTNLIv3irOwJTZhRKB8up5fZ9s565jxgXZqFZw7Hjf7JyXGQR4v6ORCgg
V6-A4m_tlAkCtzOu-ZzZ0dra4Ybduh2ovh9sAYpZPUJmxNeN1Z1nompBn4sFVuVC_w

Last edited:

hatgirl223

Nov 13, 2011
Arkansas
LInks

Hi, i tried your links and the both give servor errors. So i went to the play store and searched. Am installing it now and will update later. Looks really good. Are there any other themes yet?

A Dev@Calsto

Jul 26, 2012
www.calsto.com
Hi, i tried your links and the both give servor errors. So i went to the play store and searched. Am installing it now and will update later. Looks really good. Are there any other themes yet?

We just published a few themes tonight so they should be available. We are very busy and both full time students so we are relying on you guys to help out making themes! Please.

Try this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.calsto.omega.statusbar

Remember, its still a beta. Open to suggestions. Get battery drain? Disable the battery percentage text.

tarekh020

Oct 1, 2009
Alexandria
Great Idea to make such app , I will add this app to my Must-Have List
I suggest a new thread for themes to keep organized
Thank you so much for your efforts and time spent :good:
As we all know : Time = Money

Last edited:

Jamison904

Jun 9, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Very nice work guys! Thank you. I am going to suggest it to those using my ROM. It is running great for me - sgs2 t989. Looking forward to the additional themes. This app has lots of potential!

here

d03620fc-694c-9647.jpg

Last edited:

moneymike55

Dec 13, 2010
California
Which themes?
Also ICS or Jelly Bean? :eek:

At the moment there are 10 colors of ICS and JB themes (for a total of 20) being released throughout the weekend :) We're just making a few last minute adjustments but the images are all done so they will be ready very soon. We are also planning on some colored versions of the iPhone theme along with other stock android versions (hc, gb, sense, etc) plus some custom themes. If you have any other ideas let us know but the template is really easy to work with if you want to try creating or porting some themes yourself!

Last edited:
Reactions: A Dev@Calsto

pedrsantiago

May 1, 2012
I don't know if it's just me but while scrolling down it frequently goes left or right... Perhaps it's set to be a little too sensitive?

A Dev@Calsto

Jul 26, 2012
www.calsto.com
I don't know if it's just me but while scrolling down it frequently goes left or right... Perhaps it's set to be a little too sensitive?

Oh, you mean in the menu? I can add a setting in the about page to adjust the sensitivity. It is a vertical/horizontal scrollview so you can swipe like through pages and scroll up and down for more content. Pretty self explanatory lol.

But, i will fix it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Omega StatusBar - A new kind of StatusBar
    The first statusbar replacement that supports themes built by anyone!
    Works well on any device with 2.1 and above. Tested on JB 4.1

unnamed.jpg

About
    Replace your stock statusbar with a fully themeable StatusBar! Omega StatusBar is a statusbar replacement that allows you to control the look, feel, and layout of your StatusBar!

Omega StatusBar is so much more than just another statusbar replacement. It takes statusbar customizability to the next level. With tons of themes available from many developers, you will have an endless supply of looks, styles, and layouts to choose from. On top of that, Omega StatusBar also offers many built-in settings and preferences to get the statusbar look just how you want it! Omega StatusBar offers features that no other statusbar replacement on the market has done! Omega StatusBar is the first replacement to allow theme support from other developers to fully maximize the user experience!

What are the main features of Omega StatusBar?
    ★ Replaces the stock statusbar to provide a beautiful statusbar
    ★ Allows support for third party themes made by anyone
    ★ Auto-detection for hidden status bar or screen orientation
    ★ Task killer safe! Will auto-reboot when killed
    ★ Start-on-boot option to auto start when device is rebooted
    ★ System Sensors to notify of device errors and alerts
    ★ High Temp sensor and Battery sensors
    ★ Gesture smooth for default pull down
    ★ Content settings to give you full control of what is visible
    ★ Exclusion list for unwanted application notifications
    ★ Notification Count for repeating notifications
    ★ Animated Charging Battery
    ★ Animated statusbar background
    ★ Theme Manager to manage all your themes
    ★ Low ram foot print of under 20mb

ScreenShots
    ss1.png

ss2.png

ss3.png

ss4.png

ss6.png

ss7.png

ss8.png

Download It!

or

Make your own theme?!?! See the post below!!!

How to make a statusbar theme

1. Use the Omega StatusBar Theme Studio (Easiest)
    This is a mode of StudioAndroid.
    To go to this mode, run StudioAndroid > Options > Toggle Omega.
    The purpose of the Omega Mode is to create themes for Omega Themes on the fly.

1. Download StudioAndroid here.
    -Windows-
    Download one of the stable updates
    Extract in a path without spaces (e.g. NOT in "Documents and Settings")
    Double-click StudioWindows.exe
    -Lubuntu-
    Download the latest update OR one of the stable updates
    Extract in your home directory
    double-click StudioUnix
    -Mac-
    install python2.7: 64-bit/32-bit x86-64/i386 / 32-bit i386/PPC
    Install this (GTK+ and PyGTK)
    Download THIS
    Run StudioUnix

2. Run the studio to begin making themes.
    3. Click Options > Toggle Omega to get to the omega theme creator.
    4. Begin making your own Omega StatusBar Theme.

Link to full studio thread.

2. Manually create your own theme from our template
    Step 1 - Download the theme template here --> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36068089/Omega%20StatusBar%20Theme%20Template.zip
    Step 2 - Open the Theme Template. You can use eclipse if you have that all set up or you can simply just edit it with any text editor and sign it. There are many ways to do it. Search it or contact for help!
    Step 3 - Open the Res folder. Choose values, then open the Strings.xml file.
    Step 4 - Edit the info about your theme. Such as your website, version info, and most importantly, your theme name!
    Step 5 - Go back to the values folder and open the config_values.xml file.
    Step 6 - Follow the simple directions and edit the file. This file includes layout info and important settings to make your statusbar unique!
    Step 7 - Go back to the values folder again and open the colors.xml file.
    Step 8 - Edit the color codes. Awesome site for basic colors --> http://html-color-codes.info/
    Step 9 - Simply replace all the images in the drawable folders with yours. Make sure to rename your images properly. And don't forget to properly scale them! If you don't, your theme will look like Sh!t on many devices!
    Step 10 - The drawable folder contains a bunch of xml files. These are basic animation files for battery charging. But there is one important file you should edit. The Background Animation. Open statusbar_background_animation.xml. This file contains the sequence of images in an animation and the timing each on takes. Swap out the names for what your background animation images are in order. Then alter the timing each one takes. The higher the value, the longer it takes. Notice how we didn't really do much in this file or add any background animation? Well, the default theme doesn't have one. So just add your own images. Pretty simple, right? ;)
    Step 11 - Test, test, test. Make sure everything is working and looks good!
    Step 12 - Sign and publish your new theme. Want to make some extra money? Publish to the market. But please make a few free themes per paid theme. Just to help Omega StatusBar grow.

If you get any errors in the res folder, check your images and delete the ds.store file if it shows up. I use Mac :p

Need help or get confused, just contact us!
    Have a suggestion? Contact us!
    Have an update or awesome add-on to the template? Contact us!

Please help keep the thread clear of random questions about creating a theme.
    Requires badware installation.

It doesn't require the installation of anything and you don't even have to accept the ads so I'm really not sure what you're complaining about. The popup just asks if you want to use Startapp's search tools or not, and like I just said on the last page, if you don't feel like supporting development and decline it will only show the first two times you open the settings menu. Is pressing a decline button twice really that big of an inconvenience? I don't see anybody complaining about xda putting ads in the 1st 2nd and last post of every single page plus one in the header and footer, not to mention the interstitials every few pages that are almost impossible to clear from a phone browser.

Lets put it this way: Without startapp we wouldnt be able to afford spending as much time developing as we do, and believe me just because we don't post everything to xda doesn't mean we aren't working 60+ hours a week on things that haven't even been announced yet. This is exactly the reason we stopped posting our progress here, and while luckily most ppl don't share your sense of entitlement, this will be the last public response about our ad preferences unless we want your opinion. All of the required permissions are fully documented on our partner company's sites as well as our own, so if anyone has a valid concern you can send me a pm or email and I would be happy to clarify things for you.
    Featured Themes

PM me for your theme to be looked at and listed if it qualifies.

JellyBean StatusBar Theme
    Download it free here

ScreenShots:
    w5M8J9X75tYzMn2BrwiMmD4IMhX48a_-rSfrUszd5N5bf-t0f1CRxvYEcev5Wfpp-Ng
    V8aYDHDJ4Eh3i2Pf9gWGCMm5NDgNz1eC4V6RMP9DsqIQWDyVN3eVYk_2I9qGvkBaKno

ICS StatusBar Theme
    Download it free here

ScreenShots:
    pIb-WDDXE7cTNLIv3irOwJTZhRKB8up5fZ9s565jxgXZqFZw7Hjf7JyXGQR4v6ORCgg
    V6-A4m_tlAkCtzOu-ZzZ0dra4Ybduh2ovh9sAYpZPUJmxNeN1Z1nompBn4sFVuVC_w

Seems like it is dead. Such a shame as it had the potential to be a superb app once the bugs were fixed and improvements brought.

The project definitely isn't dead guys don't worry, our lead dev was in a life-threatening accident last month but we have been working on Omega every day since he got out of the hospital and the next update will be ready soon