Help unlocking bootloader htc wildfire s

Search This thread

S.edwards

Sep 13, 2012
I am trying to root an htc wildfire s using the unlock bootloader on the htcdev site. After downloading ruu and running it it will go through first screen where it says it is setting up installshield wizard the loading bar will go all the way through then the window will completely close out as if it were done installing. Now, I know there is more to it in order to flash it to the phone but it just won't go past the first screen no matter what. I have.it in usb debugging mode, drivers installed, sdk downloaded, the only thing else is that java keeps giving an error that the file is corrupt.

I have been searching for a solution for hours now but I can't seem to find anything similar to what is going on with my case.

Hboot - 1.10.0000 on android 2.3.4

donutkidd

Dec 9, 2010
I am trying to root an htc wildfire s using the unlock bootloader on the htcdev site. After downloading ruu and running it it will go through first screen where it says it is setting up installshield wizard the loading bar will go all the way through then the window will completely close out as if it were done installing. Now, I know there is more to it in order to flash it to the phone but it just won't go past the first screen no matter what. I have.it in usb debugging mode, drivers installed, sdk downloaded, the only thing else is that java keeps giving an error that the file is corrupt.

I have been searching for a solution for hours now but I can't seem to find anything similar to what is going on with my case.

Hboot - 1.10.0000 on android 2.3.4

Try this: update the software to its latest version should be 2.0 1.0.1 or something near it, download to all in 1 tool posted in the wildfire so thread, extract then click run. Finally unlock bootloader through that.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium