[ROM][4.4.4] SlimKat [m7vzw]

Search This thread

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
Sony Xperia 1 III

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimRoms M7, ROM for the Verizon HTC One

Contributors
Flinny, SlimRoms
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 5.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-05-13

Created 2014-05-13
Last Updated 2014-09-28

Last edited:

Frankie1588

Sep 26, 2011
Does this have HALO? I do not see it in the feature list. Very interested in giving this a shot if so! Thanks for your hard work!

aviris

Oct 8, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Last edited:

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have been waiting for a 4.4 Slim. Unfortunately it looks like the most current beta does not support changing the LCD density yet. 360 is just too small for my old eyes. I will try once I'm able to change DPI to 480.

TheAppleAndroidGuy

Mar 19, 2013
I have been waiting for a 4.4 Slim. Unfortunately it looks like the most current beta does not support changing the LCD density yet. 360 is just too small for my old eyes. I will try once I'm able to change DPI to 480.

Texdroider dpi in the play store works great for doing that!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

major_works

Mar 27, 2011

Texdroider dpi in the play store works great for doing that!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

+1. I can confirm that Texdroider DPI does the job perfectly. And thank God for it. Aging eyes here too, and as much as I like Slimkat, I just couldn't hack it.

mikey2487

Mar 9, 2011
about time we got a 4.4 thread for this killer rom! been on the 4.4 build since weekly 6 and have not had one issue with it at all. so glad that TRDS has been added back in as well as all the amazing tweaks you guys have made! can't wait for the theme choose to be added in!!

rob22202

Mar 26, 2010
Cary, NC
Great ROM!

One question though, is there any way to get a double tap of the built-in HTC home icon to bring up the menu within apps or from the home screen?

Thanks

dbornack

Oct 14, 2010
Chicago
I'm wary at adopting AOSP for this phone again. I'm on my 5th One since September, with 3 of them dying with the hot battery/quick drain issue, and then dying so hard they end up as bricks. All 3 times I've been on a SlimROM. SlimBean once, and SlimKat twice.

I love SlimROMs and have had nothing but good things happen, until I got on the One. I've only seen a couple of instances of this happening with other AOSP adopters, so I know I'm in the minority. It's tough to pull the trigger though, after being through this many phones.

I'll keep an eye out on the thread, but I'm going to run stock for awhile.

Sorry this wasn't too constructive for the thread, but I guess I'm looking for positive assurance that no one else is having these issues.

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
Sony Xperia 1 III
I'm wary at adopting AOSP for this phone again. I'm on my 5th One since September, with 3 of them dying with the hot battery/quick drain issue, and then dying so hard they end up as bricks. All 3 times I've been on a SlimROM. SlimBean once, and SlimKat twice.

I love SlimROMs and have had nothing but good things happen, until I got on the One. I've only seen a couple of instances of this happening with other AOSP adopters, so I know I'm in the minority. It's tough to pull the trigger though, after being through this many phones.

I'll keep an eye out on the thread, but I'm going to run stock for awhile.

Sorry this wasn't too constructive for the thread, but I guess I'm looking for positive assurance that no one else is having these issues.

Not had the issue myself... Which recovery are you flashing?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimRoms M7, ROM for the Verizon HTC One

Contributors
    Flinny, SlimRoms
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-13

Created 2014-05-13
    Last Updated 2014-09-28
    im having trouble flashing the official 9 and 8, allways stop in mounting system. i allready try CWM recovery and TWRP recovery. i downloaded both from slimroms.net

I had that problem a few times myself. I would recommend TWRP 2.8.3.0 (santod has a link somewhere). Try flashing it, and if it hangs, force a reboot and try flashing again. Usually that worked for me.
    Looks like there were some hot boot issues with 2.2 that were found before ours was even built.

2.3 is now available for download though.
    There was slight confusion with the merging of some of the other devices whilst m7 only merged the GSM variants that resulted in it not being built for vzw. I've been promised a 5.1 build instead....If it doesn't appear shortly I'll do one myself.

Nick.