Help! Help! Urgent!

Search This thread

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
Hello, i have successfully restored the backup rom u had posted. Now, what steps should i do to make my phone to be available for official update? I heard that u had to relock and install the sotck recovery. Can you guide me specifically?

Everyone is fighting for this update if you are not s off stop trying someone bas already bricked their phone jus wait for the ota

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium

Reactions: bluheart

zyxelseries

Jul 29, 2012
Everyone is fighting for this update if you are not s off stop trying someone bas already bricked their phone jus wait for the ota

But, I donoe if i could to get the official update if my phone is unlocked? Now, i am back to the original rom, and installed stock recovery. Do i have to lock my phone as well? and how?

Reactions: bluheart

bluheart

May 8, 2011
Kozhikode
But, I donoe if i could to get the official update if my phone is unlocked? Now, i am back to the original rom, and installed stock recovery. Do i have to lock my phone as well? and how?

Use revone 0.21 and get a SOFF, then you can install the latest sense 5
OR
Wait till 21/July to get OTA to other parts of Asia

zyxelseries

Jul 29, 2012
You're need use CMW recovery for restore

After i had restored the backup, i noticed that there were some apps missing on my htc butterfly like calculator,7digital, flash light, and so on. I did install stock recovery, as well as relocking my phone. I wanna ask if the ota will still work without the existance of these apps? Coz i found somewhere about you wouldn't be able to update smoothly without these apps. Any idea?

Last edited:

bluheart

May 8, 2011
Kozhikode
OTA will work even if data is deleted. Try n see.
It won't work on custom recovery or firmware.

heobanhki

Jan 3, 2009
After i had restored the backup, i noticed that there were some apps missing on my htc butterfly like calculator,7digital, flash light, and so on. I did install stock recovery, as well as relocking my phone. I wanna ask if the ota will still work without the existance of these apps? Coz i found somewhere about you wouldn't be able to update smoothly without these apps. Any idea?

Unfortunately, a few app is not in ship rom 1.19 (flashlight, ... I do not remember :D).
this does not affect the ota update

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

OTA will work even if data is deleted. Try n see.
It won't work on custom recovery or firmware.

OTA work only with stock recovery and bootloader locked (or relocked)
data in youre phone will be delete after update (or not, maybe) but it not to the necessary and You're do not need to wipe (delete) data in the phone before the update ota

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
Unfortunately, a few app is not in ship rom 1.19 (flashlight, ... I do not remember :D).
this does not affect the ota update

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

OTA work only with stock recovery and bootloader locked (or relocked)
data in youre phone will be delete after update (or not, maybe) but it not to the necessary and You're do not need to wipe (delete) data in the phone before the update ota

It does causes a problem if a stock app is missing and if Ur s off u don't need to relock bootloader to install ota

gbear

Jul 24, 2008
That is simply because you used the HTC bootloader unlock, which after unlock, it will remove some of the apps, I believe it is to protect it from being misused/copied.

A twrp copy usually doesn't have those apps, because you need to unlock the boatloader in order to install twrp recovery. And when you tried to backup your rom using twrp, those apps are already gone.

Relock the bootloader won't give you back those apps, the only way is to reinstall the ruu from HTC.

Missing those apps is ok for OTA, OTA only will looks into what inventory (apps) that you have, check the integrity of your existing rom, and upgrade it. If you don't have those, it won't able to install/upgrade over it.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using Tapatalk 2

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
Agreed with gbear

I don't agree we are talking about a calculator here come on. I had the problem before when going bk to stock. I flashed the 1.18.709.3 tw and the stock recovery and when trying to get sense five ota the Taiwan apps was missing because I deleted some apps from the stock rom so I had to use the 1.18.709.3 ota to get them all back then insu sense 5 ota

zyxelseries

Jul 29, 2012
I don't agree we are talking about a calculator here come on. I had the problem before when going bk to stock. I flashed the 1.18.709.3 tw and the stock recovery and when trying to get sense five ota the Taiwan apps was missing because I deleted some apps from the stock rom so I had to use the 1.18.709.3 ota to get them all back then insu sense 5 ota

Did you mean 1.18.709.3 RUU? As for my situation, is there any complete 1.19.707.1 stock rom for me to get all those missing stuffs, so that i can upgrade the official sense 5 update?

gbear

Jul 24, 2008
Install it using ota firmware file is just like ruu install, it will do clean install -> write all data from firmware file to your rom. You will lose your data in this way, all the rom data will be overwritten.

If you use the default OTA install from check update, it will do an inventory check, and only upgrade those is in your system, therefore missing apps won't be reinstalled after ota, but you data will be keep.

Hope you understand the different between these two...

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
Install it using ota firmware file is just like ruu install, it will do clean install -> write all data from firmware file to your rom. You will lose your data in this way, all the rom data will be overwritten.

If you use the default OTA install from check update, it will do an inventory check, and only upgrade those is in your system, therefore missing apps won't be reinstalled after ota, but you data will be keep.

That's better now :p

zyxelseries

Jul 29, 2012

That means i am still able to update to sense 5 via OTA, just that i will be missing those apps which had got removed after i restored my backup?

shinpum

Jul 28, 2013
mal muy mal estoy

¿¿Hola amigos estos achivos he de meterlos en la SD??

Cuando intento entrar en modo recovery me sale este logo::

imagen de icono exclamacion y telefono y se queda ahi...

He intentado hacer de todo incluso flashear pero...

Me ocurre que no puedo entrar ni tan siquiera conectar el movil al pc no me reconoce el movil esto me ocurrio cuando intente instalar supersu me pedia instalar binarios y se quedo asi bloqueado el arranque... siento que el mensaje sea en español os pido ayuda por favor...

Gracias de antemano.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys...Im all out of ideas, and I don't know where else to turn. I know I was supposed to look every where, and even ask my mother..but that only would have gotten me chancla slapped. Anyway...Here is the issue: I bought an HTC Butterfly clone. I have looked high and low, for ways to root it, but I cant seem to find something that will even remotely work! The mass storage option is greyed out, so I can't connect it to my pc. I cant boot in bootloader mode, I have tried this since about 5:30 pm today, and Ive yet to see the bootloader mode come up. I have rooted phones before, but this time I am TOTALLY stumped! This cell is a dual sim quad core version. Here are the details (as much as I can give you any way): PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME ROOT!

MODEL:I900
    ANDROID VERSION: 4.1.1
    BASEBAND VERSION: MTK6589 (Quad Core)
    KERNERL VERSION: 2.6.35.7 kw@chengwh #3
    SOFTWARE VERSION: X920e_v1
    HARDWARE VERSION: 1.1.0

And, I dont know if this info helps any..but, In the keyboard settings, I see komoxo input method? Geez, at this point anything may be it!

Thank you so much for your help, and once again, I apologize for posting on this thread, but I did not find where else to post..:(
    LOL, i don't think in mexico have china phone (face). We're hate it.
    You need sent it to recycle bin and by new
    Hello, i have successfully restored the backup rom u had posted. Now, what steps should i do to make my phone to be available for official update? I heard that u had to relock and install the sotck recovery. Can you guide me specifically?