Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this MOD
before Applying it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Confirmed Working on i9003,i9100,Galaxy 3

So i've been just browsing the old development threads and found that u can turn on very high sensitivity of the touchscreen driver on the fly ! thanks to loSconosciuto and his dev thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1587553

so Here's an app by neectron

theres no zip to flash nor an app to install ! its just 2 basic terminal lines !

open up terminal app and do this

click allow for super user permissions (do this only if u get access denied error)
Code:
su
echo 7005 > /sys/touchscreen/set_touchscreen
cat /sys/touchscreen/set_write

For the Galaxy 3 (not i9300 galaxy s3)

Code:
su
echo 7005 > sys/class/touch/switch/set_touchscreen
cat sys/class/touch/switch/set_write

and it'll make ur touchscreen fly :p just note that this isnt suitable for normal use since its hard to text and somewhat difficult to navigate at times!
to go back to stock settings there are 2 ways

most simple 1-- Reboot ur phone
2 do this in terminal if ur NOT a lazy person :p
Code:
echo 7025 > /sys/touchscreen/set_touchscreen

afraid it'll mess up ? well heres a video of what it does

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4245680894201

Nice work..works fine on Galaxy S2's mx224 and htc explorer's novatek display

Last edited:

Taraen

Sep 30, 2011
OT: This somehow seems to be the standard disclaimer at xda? And I'm always laughing at it.

I guess I'll apply it in some boring 5 minutes. Thanks for digging that out.

Reactions: Adi_Pat

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
OT: This somehow seems to be the standard disclaimer at xda? And I'm always laughing at it.

I guess I'll apply it in some boring 5 minutes. Thanks for digging that out.
lol yes its one of the most used ones :)
Did someone try to do that? Could work with that settings.

u can try it out with a glove ! might work ! since our hardware isnt really designed for such a feature the possibilities are less

Reactions: Unknown_2517

shriom_manerker

Mar 23, 2011
Margao,Goa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
Just a request-can anyone plz make a flashable zip...can't really understand this terminal emulator thingy...thanks anyway

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

making a zip is risky ! i dont want to take that risk ! its very simple ! just type the exact thing in written in the thread and ull c it work :) also the best part is that to revert u can just reboot ! hence m not gonna provide a zip

Reactions: loneagl

ivAnash

Aug 15, 2011
Bangalore
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
Will this work on CM9 ???? I tried it anyway.. It says directory not available..
Screenshot attached..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349265016360.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349265016360.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,073

mcrocodile

Feb 18, 2012
must have

Mathematical!!!
If I had friend I will surelly show them this trick!( just kidin'). It's a little strange at the beginning since I'm used to touch the screen but I'm so proud of having a clean screen and was also able to write text, taking picture(very good stuff for the camera app).

Rat2

Feb 7, 2011
seems like u messed up sum stuff there ..
restart terminal type
su (press enter)
echo 7005 > /sys/touchscreen/set_touchscreen (press enter)
cat /sys/touchscreen/set_write (press enter)

m not sure if it'll work on cm10/9 as i havent tested

Tried on my Galaxy Nexus w/ CM10 but just could find any folder in /sys including "touchscreen"……

Last edited:

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Looks cool

I saw this on the Portal but I don't have the Galaxy SL, but I still thought this looked really interesting :) What does this do exactly? Does it increase the sensitivity of the screen? I can't see how this would work 'cause it's as sensitive as it is, right :confused: ? If so, can this be a way to improve sensitivity on ALL Android phones?

mcrocodile

Feb 18, 2012
So I tried it and it was great, it also allow you to use a pencil with the screen!
I just wanted to know if I could launch this through a script (it's getting borring to copy paste it one the terminal each time I boot the phone).
And if yes (I guess it's a yes) how could I do it? Is there some .sh scripts on Android as for Gnu/Linux?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Confirmed Working on i9003,i9100,Galaxy 3

So i've been just browsing the old development threads and found that u can turn on very high sensitivity of the touchscreen driver on the fly ! thanks to loSconosciuto and his dev thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1587553

so Here's an app by neectron

theres no zip to flash nor an app to install ! its just 2 basic terminal lines !

open up terminal app and do this

click allow for super user permissions (do this only if u get access denied error)
    Code:
    su
    echo 7005 > /sys/touchscreen/set_touchscreen

For the Galaxy 3 (not i9300 galaxy s3)

Code:
    su

and it'll make ur touchscreen fly :p just note that this isnt suitable for normal use since its hard to text and somewhat difficult to navigate at times!
    to go back to stock settings there are 2 ways

most simple 1-- Reboot ur phone
    2 do this in terminal if ur NOT a lazy person :p
    Code:
    echo 7025 > /sys/touchscreen/set_touchscreen

afraid it'll mess up ? well heres a video of what it does

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4245680894201

Nice work..works fine on Galaxy S2's mx224 and htc explorer's novatek display
    Hi,
    Nice find.I made simple app that will execute those lines,try it,tell me if it is working.I don't have SL.:)

http://d-h.st/s0O
    Did someone try to do that? Could work with that settings.
    Awsome buddy...really feeling phone is working without touching it...Feels like magic :)
    I know its very irrelevant to post this here, but still if I can get some info, it shall be indeed helpful. I have a samsung galaxy 3 (aka apollo/GT-I5801) with JellyBean on it. I thought of giving this a shot on my device. I have a directory sys/class/touch/switch/set_touchscreen but not sys/touchscreen/set_touchscreen. Anyways, i first tried opening the file set_touchscreen and it shows a blank file, though the file size reads 4.00K. I tried copying it to my sdcard, but it fails. I copied the whole folder (switch) and then opened the file set_touchscreen via my PC, but again it was blank, and the PC shows file size 0kb. I don't know if the file is not used in my phone or something else, cause i am not a dev. I also tried using the two apps (FloaTouch and floater) both run fine, but nothing seems to happen. Anyways, it might be a hardware limitation of my phone. But i was wondering if the app didn't work because the value of the touch sensitivity (where it is set to 7005) might be different for my device, like, say, it might be 50 or 80 instead of 70. Just my guess. Again, i am not an expert, so you might correct me. Any help shall be entertained. THANK YOU!!

galaxy 3 is an excellent device ! :) even though it came with 600 mhz processor its overclocked to 1 ghz right ? sweet device :) and the file set_touchscreen is also blank on my device so i think its the same file which has to be set ! the app didn work as its reffered to this same directory which is set in the app by default ! these values should work ! so try out the terminal emulator method and type this

su

if not try out the values from 7015-7000 !! when i changes 7 to ano other value nothing happened so m guessing its the 70 is the one responsible for the touchscreen sensitivity ... not sure though.. just assuming ! u can giv it a shot ! might work :)

i suggest using this wifi lkeyboard app ! comes in handy for copy pasting stuff from pc to phone over wifi ! i sued it in initial stages ! :)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.volosyukivan&hl=en