[rom][4.1][Official]Official Jellyban(4.1) for Retail CN Atrix2(Update Review&& Root)

Search This thread

wanggjghost

Jun 1, 2011
www.591fan.com
[rom][4.1][Official]Official Jellyban(4.1) for Retail CN Atrix2(Update Review&& Root)

Here's the official jellybean(4.1) rom for moto atrix2
Origin site http://www.591fan.com/thread-33865-1-1.html

This is a test(maybe I should call it leak)one from China moto company(They said they will not release official ota/fastboot update for atrix2, but they released this one)

This rom is for Retail CN phones(maybe works on Retail Asian phones)
For ATT phones, flash under your own risk :p(May brick your phone)

Warning: You may can't down grade to ics if U flash this one

Guide and review of official JB

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2093154
Root method(Don't forgot to open adb function :) )
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36576365#post36576365

Update:
@stolenprecious PM me, he flashed this rom and downgrade to ics successfully
This is his branding info(Maybe he has a very speciall atrix2)
Branding: Retail UAE
Version: 6.7.2_EDEM-18-MEARET FULL

Rom name
fastboot-p3_edison-edison-user-4.1.2-6.7.2_GC-384-402-release-keys-Retail-05_hktwn.tar

md5
9B4DFBAC3E3EF8E5DBE3790436400BA4

Flash via RSD Lite

DL
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=250540&uk=3844247212

PS:
Finally I bought a 2nd-hand atrix2 weeks ago, and will go back to atrix2 dev soon :)

Last edited:
This build could be used to improve other ATRIX 2 jb. Anyways nice to know that someone is developing for ATRIX 2 now.

I have an Asian MB. But recently flashed ME to get MIUI working properly. I could try and flash this.
Sent from my ME865 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

anikadam

Mar 28, 2012
Mumbai
Waaa !!!?? Is this for real ?!

Anybody flashed this on an AsiaRetail phone ? Bugs ?! Screenshots please..

Can we fxz back to ICS from this ?!

Someone please post screenshots.. Good to see you back wanggjghost.. :good:

Lxledesma

Dec 22, 2011
It is awsome! And the roms with jb (cm10, paranoid, etc) Will an improvement? Change with this news? If I install CM10 on this official jb, what happens?

Sent from my ME865 using xda app-developers app

Co2Noss

Apr 30, 2012
Saint Cloud, FL
If anyone on AT&T gets this to work and can post screenshots and an explanation of the steps they took only then will I try it. But great find nonetheless! Can't wait to see the devs tear this one apart and use it in their existing ROMS, will provide some great advances and bug fixes.

Reactions: frankfooter

shardul.phatak

Jan 19, 2012
bangalore
this is awesome :good:
thanks a lott wang :victory:

we hope you'll develope something best from this
lookin forward to see how it goes :)

shubham412302

Apr 29, 2012
Somebody try and post the flashing method and weather its working on Asian ones

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Ravikirancg

May 3, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi 11i
This is pretty good.. flashed on searet from India.. no bugs so far but just a couple of force closes which happened just once.. what you need to watch out for is that there is no root for this as of now(or at least I didn't find one so far).. some say can't downgrade back to ICS.. haven't tested that yet.. overall worth it..

Last edited:

jittusm

Nov 28, 2010
Bangalore
This pretty good.. flashed on searet from India.. no bugs so far but just a couple of force closes which happened just once.. what you need to watch out for is that there is no root for this as of now(or at least I didn't find one so far).. some say can't downgrade back to ICS.. haven't tested that yet.. overall worth it..

u have me865 or mb865? is the flashing process any different for mb865?

Lxledesma

Dec 22, 2011
I think for Retail Asia (mb) would work well. I have flashed China and HK Retail (4.0) and have always worked well.
There is no way of rooting yet?
To come back to ics, you can flash the firmware of ics with rsd?

Sent from my ME865 using xda app-developers app

mmotorwala

May 4, 2012
Thanks !

This pretty good.. flashed on searet from India.. no bugs so far but just a couple of force closes which happened just once.. what you need to watch out for is that there is no root for this as of now(or at least I didn't find one so far).. some say can't downgrade back to ICS.. haven't tested that yet.. overall worth it..

Hey,
Thanks for testing ! I am curious to know if u cud fxz back to ICS, and btw do u have MB865 or ME865 ?
I have a MB865(indian version) on OTA ICS rooted.. we would all appreciate if you could post some screenshots.. :)

anikadam

Mar 28, 2012
Mumbai

Thats great news ravi !! A big big thanks for trying it out.. Very tempted to try this. Can you post some screenshots ??

Wanggjhost, is it possible to get a root for this.. ?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2 '

Ravikirancg

May 3, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi 11i
u have me865 or mb865? is the flashing process any different for mb865?

Hey,
Thanks for testing ! I am curious to know if u cud fxz back to ICS, and btw do u have MB865 or ME865 ?
I have a MB865(indian version) on OTA ICS rooted.. we would all appreciate if you could post some screenshots.. :)

I have a mb865 bought in India.. no issues flashing and running HK versions or china ones.. haven't yet tried going back to ICS.. will let you know tomo.. there seems to be one root method in RAZR dev forum.. but it seems a little risky.. will try that after my exams..

Edit: I am not getting a GPS fix..
I had this prob with official miui as well, but others did not.. so it might just be me..

Last edited:
Reactions: ktse

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here's the official jellybean(4.1) rom for moto atrix2
    Origin site http://www.591fan.com/thread-33865-1-1.html

This is a test(maybe I should call it leak)one from China moto company(They said they will not release official ota/fastboot update for atrix2, but they released this one)

This rom is for Retail CN phones(maybe works on Retail Asian phones)
    For ATT phones, flash under your own risk :p(May brick your phone)

Warning: You may can't down grade to ics if U flash this one

Guide and review of official JB

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2093154
    Root method(Don't forgot to open adb function :) )
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36576365#post36576365

Update:
    @stolenprecious PM me, he flashed this rom and downgrade to ics successfully
    This is his branding info(Maybe he has a very speciall atrix2)
    Branding: Retail UAE
    Version: 6.7.2_EDEM-18-MEARET FULL

Rom name
    fastboot-p3_edison-edison-user-4.1.2-6.7.2_GC-384-402-release-keys-Retail-05_hktwn.tar

md5
    9B4DFBAC3E3EF8E5DBE3790436400BA4

Flash via RSD Lite

DL
    http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=250540&uk=3844247212

PS:
    Finally I bought a 2nd-hand atrix2 weeks ago, and will go back to atrix2 dev soon :)
    Official JB 4.1.2. Mirror - build date: 2013.04.20.

Can someone post a mirror of leak 3? Download speed is very slow on chinese link..,

Official JB ("Leak 3") Mirror:

fastboot-p3_edison-edison-user-4.1.2-6.7.2_GC-404-434-release-keys-Retail-05_hktwn.tar.gz
    Guys Jim has come forward to port this for ATT. let's help him here

life!
    i've tested both versions of ATT FXZ and CHINA 4.1.2 FXZ
    ATT has low score (secure version 02) than CN 4.1.2 (secure version 03)

does it mean that we (ATT) cant flash this FXZ ?

That's not the way it works. AT&T does things a little differently, which is why we always end up waiting for a leak or OTA specifically from AT&T. Flashing anything other than AT&T firmware on an AT&T phone almost always guarantees a brick. The secure version of a bootloader, regardless of carrier basically claims what class the bootloader is in. From what you said, the new 4.1.2 FXZ has secure version 03, so once you flash that you can't downgrade back to a secure version lower than what you have.
    For example (I don't know the versions right off, I haven't looked)
    Say Gingerbread has a secure version of 02
    and ICS has a secure version of 02
    and JB has 03
    You can upgrade from GB to ICS, and downgrade to GB because they have the same secure version, but once you upgrade to JB you're in a new class and can only stay within a secure version 03 bootloader, or go higher, no more 02.
    This is pretty good.. flashed on searet from India.. no bugs so far but just a couple of force closes which happened just once.. what you need to watch out for is that there is no root for this as of now(or at least I didn't find one so far).. some say can't downgrade back to ICS.. haven't tested that yet.. overall worth it..