HTC One X-At&t Apn settings for data, 3g and etc.

Search This thread

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I really want to know the answer to this question too.

Perhaps post your general area (Los Angeles, ca)
Then your average speed (hspa+ about 3mbs)

Please and thank you.

For some reason, Speed Test doesn't work on my phone. The upload's correct but the d/l shows like 500KB which isn't right.

Here are the results using AT&T's web speed test. I'm in a non-HSPA+ market and to compare, my i9100 was 3MBish. The upload's showing slower on AT&T than with Speed Test for some reason. Overall, speeds feel better than my SGS2. I'm going to some HSPA+ markets this weekend and I'll do some tests there.

7114870115_b7806cf3ef.jpg

Reactions: xxkennynycxx
For some reason, Speed Test doesn't work on my phone. The upload's correct but the d/l shows like 500KB which isn't right.

Here are the results using AT&T's web speed test. I'm in a non-HSPA+ market and to compare, my i9100 was 3MBish. The upload's showing slower on AT&T than with Speed Test for some reason. Overall, speeds feel better than my SGS2. I'm going to some HSPA+ markets this weekend and I'll do some tests there.

i had exact same issue. When I used the apn settings as 'phone' it fixed it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

swich2mac

Oct 9, 2010
NashVegas!
I use phone APN

Best so far has been 5 mbps down and 1.7 mbps up which is about right.

How are you guys using the "phone" settings on your HTC One X on AT&T? When I create a new APN and follow those instructions and save, there is no radio button that will allow me to select that newly created APN when I use "phone". If I go put in the old school 'wap.cingular' and save, then the radio button will appear so that I can select that APN to use.

BTW, I have an unlocked and rooted One X from the UK region.

swich2mac

Oct 9, 2010
NashVegas!
How are you guys using the "phone" settings on your HTC One X on AT&T? When I create a new APN and follow those instructions and save, there is no radio button that will allow me to select that newly created APN when I use "phone". If I go put in the old school 'wap.cingular' and save, then the radio button will appear so that I can select that APN to use.

BTW, I have an unlocked and rooted One X from the UK region.

Here is a screen shot from my One X showing no radio button after creating the 'phone' APN! Puzzled...

Attachments

• APN.jpg
    APN.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 491

lobran

Apr 30, 2012
Here is a screen shot from my One X showing no radio button after creating the 'phone' APN! Puzzled...

here's what works for me:

Name: AT&T (this doesn't matter)
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: empty
Port: empty
Username:empty
Password:empty
Server: empty
MMSC: empty
MMS Proxy: empty
MMS Port: empty
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: default,internet,mms,hipri,supl

The radio button will populate when you put something in the 'APN Type' field.

Reactions: 21stNow

sl8125

Mar 30, 2006
BTW you don't need a smartphone data plan. I pay only $15 a month for unlimited data. Shazaaam.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

This is very good to know. Depending on SGS3 this is my go to phone. Been on a nexus one and waiting to compare the two.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA

D

Deleted member 4594244

i'm curious, i opened an ATT line with an iPhone data plan and would that be a 3g or 4g plan? Considering that the new iPhone 4S is HSPA+ and is considered "4g".

denny1514

Dec 30, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Having the same issue with my T-mobile one X(no data)

Having the same issue with my T-mobile one X(no data)...called Tmobile and they gave me there aPN but it did not work.

please help

brent8577

Oct 1, 2011
these are not working for me. what are the H+ settings? "phone" doesn't work. the only thing i got working gave me E and that's not what i pay for.

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
Having the same issue with my T-mobile one X(no data)...called Tmobile and they gave me there aPN but it did not work.

please help

T-mobile isn't even supported by the One X radio bands........you can call and text, but data only works on one of the bands or something and it's rare

These settings do work if you are on AT&T......just type phone into "Name" and phone into "APN" and leave everything else blank. Hit save and then click on it and it should work so long as you have a smartphone data plan or iPhone data plan.

distortedloop

Feb 14, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
T-mobile isn't even supported by the One X radio bands........you can call and text, but data only works on one of the bands or something and it's rare

These settings do work if you are on AT&T......just type phone into "Name" and phone into "APN" and leave everything else blank. Hit save and then click on it and it should work so long as you have a smartphone data plan or iPhone data plan.

Old thread, but a minor correction if anyone's still following it.

The One X should work in **some** T-Mobile markets where they're supporting iPhones with the 1900mHz freqs. They just recently announced this, maybe in just the last two weeks. Check with T-Mobile to see if your area has this yet or not.

ngerasimatos

Apr 29, 2011
I recently purchased a HTC ONE X (AT&T) model and have had nothing but issues with data speeds using the default APN. I recently tried these settings and now get decent data speeds but obviously am not able to access LTE. Can some who has the AT&T model please post your current APN settings, assuming your phone is working as designed and intended. With the default AT&T APN that the phone assigns I was never able to get anything faster than .5MBPS regardless of LTE or HSPA+ network.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I recently purchased a HTC ONE X (AT&T) model and have had nothing but issues with data speeds using the default APN.

If you have the One XL, you should ask the question in their forum. When there's a data problem with AT&T it's usually because the SIM isn't correctly associated with the data plan provisioned on the account. If you have a AT&T One X and the right data plan is in your account you shouldn't be having issues. You might want to get a new micro SIM from an AT&T store so they can make sure an accurate SIM s/n is in your account.

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
I go to the US for 3 weeks holidays in a few days.
My One X is the international one, can I get the 50$ monthly unlimited plan with unlimited data or do I need the 25$ Monthly Plan + 25$ 1GB Data Plan?
Someone wrote he uses a cell phone unlimited data plan with his international phone without problems.

Also, which APN is best of all APNs that are floating around here? I'd like to have HSPA+ speeds :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got my HTC One X today. When i pop in the micro sim card, i could receive calls and text , but no data. Here's what work for me. I added a new apn....

Name: can be anything
    Proxy: leave blank
    Port: leave blank
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password:CINGULAR1
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    APN Type: leave blank
    All I had to do was click on AT&T in the apn menu and it did everything for me.
    Mine picked up the APN from the SIM and they're slightly different than yours. Mine are in red.

Name: can be anything [MediaNet]
    Proxy: leave blank [wireless.cingular.com]
    Port: leave blank [80]
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password:CINGULAR1
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com [66.209.11.32]
    MMS Port: 80 [8080]
    MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
    APN Type: leave blank [.]

where you located...i got no data on those settings above...dk why...i had to use the ones i posted...Im on ATT...
    BTW you don't need a smartphone data plan. I pay only $15 a month for unlimited data. Shazaaam.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA
    I really want to know the answer to this question too.

Perhaps post your general area (Los Angeles, ca)
    Then your average speed (hspa+ about 3mbs)

Please and thank you.