[ROM][SCH-I605/T0LTEVZW][JB][4.3] CyanogenMod 10.2 official nightlies

Search This thread

kisypher

May 27, 2012
Grand Island, NE
The "black screen" graphical issue and Netflix not working seem to be the only problems that I have found. Of course everyone uses their phone differently so I'm sure experiences may vary.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

danibri82

Sep 17, 2010
It was reported earlier that after a fresh install, you should power down the device completely once. Doing so well allow the device to reboot normally everytime after.

Right now if your having an issue rebooting, no need to wipe. Just pull the battery and put it back in. Boot up the device and all should be fine.

Hope this helps :)

Yea, I'm in the same boat. Though I have to format data.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

same here.... just clean installed, and now it's updating all my apps. once it's done I'm going to shut it off, and turn it back on. praying that it works. Otherwise I'll be using my iPhone all weekend and just ignore the Note for a bit.

edit............

Yup still doesn't work. Fresh install. Boots up the first time. shut it down before it does anything, turn back on, hangs at samsung screen.

What was the last day of updates that was 10.1? I'll have to roll back to 10.1 or stock because this is a no go at all. I was hoping this issue has been resolved and honestly wonder why it's affecting some of us, but not all of us.

Last edited:

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
same here.... just clean installed, and now it's updating all my apps. once it's done I'm going to shut it off, and turn it back on. praying that it works. Otherwise I'll be using my iPhone all weekend and just ignore the Note for a bit.

edit............

Yup still doesn't work. Fresh install. Boots up the first time. shut it down before it does anything, turn back on, hangs at samsung screen.

What was the last day of updates that was 10.1? I'll have to roll back to 10.1 or stock because this is a no go at all. I was hoping this issue has been resolved and honestly wonder why it's affecting some of us, but not all of us.

Peculiar. Sorry my advice didn't work for you.

Before you go back to 10.1, maybe you could get a logcat from your device as it tries to boot up from a reboot. Pass it along to sbrissen. Surely there might be some useful information there to help fix the issue in later versions.

Also, here is the link to the last 10.1 build: http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/jenkins/37910/cm-10.1-20130813-NIGHTLY-i605.zip

Reactions: mmuzzy

danibri82

Sep 17, 2010
unfortunately, I don't have time right now. I should have been on the road from DC to Boston almost three hours ago, but have been doing other stuff and messing with my phone.

Just tossing the final build of 4.2.2 on my phone and leaving it alone, until this gets better. Just downloaded Slacker Radio to my iPhone, so at least I'll have something working that'll keep the jams going, even if it's not Google Music.

Tophaholic

Jul 1, 2008
Columbus, IN
Do remember that the first reboot after the initial setup takes a good 20 mins...seems as if it is stuck at Samsung screen...but be patient

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

lostnuke

Jun 19, 2011
unfortunately, I don't have time right now. I should have been on the road from DC to Boston almost three hours ago, but have been doing other stuff and messing with my phone.

Just tossing the final build of 4.2.2 on my phone and leaving it alone, until this gets better. Just downloaded Slacker Radio to my iPhone, so at least I'll have something working that'll keep the jams going, even if it's not Google Music.

Have you tried wiping the internal sd card during the wipe before installing the rom and gapps. if not, give that a try.

libbycm

Mar 5, 2008
Ashland, VA
Came from 8/12 nightly and no issues upgrading. Netflix seems fine too. Black screens once in awhile, bit pretty rare. Audio still not as loud as stock.. Guess that will never get fixed.

Process for me:

-downloaded cm 10.2 nightly
-downloaded 8/13 gapps
-rebooted into twrp 2.6.0.1
-wiped system, cache, dalvik
-installed cm 10.2 nightly
-installed gapps
-rebooted, all ran fine with data intact

kisypher

May 27, 2012
Grand Island, NE
Came from 8/12 nightly and no issues upgrading. Netflix seems fine too. Black screens once in awhile, bit pretty rare. Audio still not as loud as stock.. Guess that will never get fixed.

Process for me:

-downloaded cm 10.2 nightly
-downloaded 8/13 gapps
-rebooted into twrp 2.6.0.1
-wiped system, cache, dalvik
-installed cm 10.2 nightly
-installed gapps
-rebooted, all ran fine with data intact

Did you have to do anything at all special to get Netflix streaming? I did a complete clean install and can't for the life of me get Netflix working correctly. And by that I mean the Netflix app installs and opens but when I click on a movie it just sits and endlessly tries to buffer. Hulu and YouTube work perfectly.

libbycm

Mar 5, 2008
Ashland, VA
Did you have to do anything at all special to get Netflix streaming? I did a complete clean install and can't for the life of me get Netflix working correctly. And by that I mean the Netflix app installs and opens but when I click on a movie it just sits and endlessly tries to buffer. Hulu and YouTube work perfectly.

OK.. I lied. I had been using it with chromecast which worked fine, but streaming on phone itself doesn't. Now that I think about it, I don't believe it was working on 10.1 either, I just never cared BC I was only using chromecast.

strikeir13

Oct 23, 2010

Google the Xposed framework and Netflix module, that is how I get it to work. There is a new version out for 4.3 if you're on that, make sure you get the right one.

libbycm

Mar 5, 2008
Ashland, VA
Google the Xposed framework and Netflix module, that is how I get it to work. There is a new version out for 4.3 if you're on that, make sure you get the right one.

Is it out yet? I thought that just a patch was out for xposed for 4.3 and new real version was coming next week or something..

danaff37

Mar 14, 2010
Nashville, TN

Do you change the io scheduler on your phone? The last time I had problems like this, this fixed it. Noop and deadline are the ones that gave me problems like what you are describing. Now I just stick with device default (row on this device )

kisypher

May 27, 2012
Grand Island, NE

I ended up just using the same xposed framework apk and Netflix module I use for CM10.1. To get it to work I installed SU from the play store and updated the binaries and now Netflix works perfectly.

Vondis

Jun 20, 2012
Still no navbar? Any plans of ever implementing it? Curious why only note doesn't have it?

Lodingi

Does anyone have any idea way titanium backup fails to restore "data" on 12 of my 110 non system programs ?
It did this on the unofficial 10.2 and no i just tested the official 10.2 and have the same issue. The program installs fine with titanium backup its only the data portion that fails which seems really odd to me.

The installation instructions on the first page tell you not to restore your data from Titanium Backup.

Vondis

Jun 20, 2012
Because we have physical nav buttons? Seriously though, any reason why you would want it?

I like them. Its a option on the s2,s3,s4 but not the note. Options are nice. Just curious why this phone gets left out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 10.2 to your Galaxy Note 2 I605, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.2 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.2:
    - Copy CM10.2 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - Reboot
    - Wipe data of clock app
    - Reset everything under Settings -> Date & Time otherwise editing alarms might cause FCs

DOWNLOADS
    CM10.2 official nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=i605

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

CHANGELOG
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#i605/cm10.2/next

BUG LIST
    -GPS: To get a lock using the new opensource gps use the workaround provided by Kejar: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39761558&postcount=702
    -BT Voice Search
    -5ghz wifi - seems to only work with low channels
    -Minor graphical issues (occasional black screen)

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channel...cksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

DEAR KANGERS
    If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!
    The audio issues are tough to track down when some say its loud and others say its too low. I use my i605 as a daily driver and never have had audio issues. When looking at logs the audio levels appear to be where they should but obviously I can't hear whats coming from others phones.

I posted a build awhile back attempting to fix this but got very little feedback, this is not helpful to me. I can't speak for all the t0lte maintainers but I for one do care to get this fixed and have been working on it as time permits. I have a 40+ hour a week job where I am on call 24/7 with a wife and 3 young children so yea my time is limited. I also don't want to fall behind the other variants so I spend some of my time keeping up.

With that said I'm sorry to see some go but I will continue at it. I'm going to try reverting the custom audio levels and hard set them to see if it helps. Look for that build in the next couple days-

Sent from my SCH-I925 using xda app-developers app
    seems it was an incorrect build.prop setting that changed from 4.2 to 4.3 that affected the graphics. should be much better in next nightly thanks to arcee

Heres the build I promised with the custom audio levels removed, so they are hardcoded in /etc/sound/tinyhw.xml

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490000911

As for advanced settings, CM is moving towards commonizing everything so atleast most of the advanced settings will be moved into Settings somewhere. (I.E. vibration intensity is moved to Sound/Notification Settings) and just an FYI I have no control over this or when other settings will be merged in. I will just do what I can to make these common settings work for us.
    incoming early cm 11.0 build in a little while tonight. :p