[Q] sprint note 3 modem crash

Search This thread

drewskiwooski

May 9, 2014
hello xda members! i am in a rush as i am on my way to work as i post this
but i'm running on freeza's very wonderful note 3 rom and recently (as of last week) i keep getting modem crash errors. out of no where,
i've taken some screenshots and hopefully these are helpful. ive only seen it actually happen once, every other time the phone isnt in my line of sight.
it happened while i was reading manga from my phone. any other time the phone is dormant.

i greatly appreciate your time in looking at this, and hope there is a resolution. i am very new to this entire proccess and was helped this far by droidmodderx and wwjoshdew

drewskiwooski

May 9, 2014
Am I posting in the wrong place? Id like to take this to the development section but my post count isnt high enough and I dont spam. Is there anyone that can at leaat give me a hint?

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Flash back to stock with odin and reroot and install recovery .... then see if it still does it ... could be hardware issue or stay on stock for a couple days and see ...if it's hardware get it replaced otherwise it could just be a bad software issue that could be fixed by starting over ...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Reactions: drewskiwooski

drewskiwooski

May 9, 2014
Ok will do thanks! This didn't occur until maybe a week or two ago so I can't be sure of the cause. I'll find a guide and see if I can figure out how to do all of that.

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Ok will do thanks! This didn't occur until maybe a week or two ago so I can't be sure of the cause. I'll find a guide and see if I can figure out how to do all of that.

Sounds like hardware then to tell you the truth

drewskiwooski

May 9, 2014
Possible, I'm home now so I can finally check things out... am I the only one to have this issue?

drewskiwooski

May 9, 2014
I haven't seen any post like it so I guess yes did you ask in the rom thread

i would like nothing more than to do just that, specifically in the thread that i got the rom and what not. but sadly and understandably one must reach a 10 post minimum before posting there...

stercast

Aug 5, 2010
Just started having the same problem. I even unrooted me phone went back to stock and when I root again I get the same message. I have been rooted for 6 months now. I don't know why it started happening today but would like help fixing it. Have anyone figured out a fix to this problem yet?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

stercast

Aug 5, 2010
Just started having the same problem. I even unrooted me phone went back to stock and when I root again I get the same message. I have been rooted for 6 months now. I don't know why it started happening today but would like help fixing it. Have anyone figured out a fix to this problem yet?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

After looking for fixes what worked for me was flashing twrp recovery
hltespr-recovery-4.4.img.tar

Eyezayah

Jan 5, 2011
Could you post a link for the TWRP recovery. I just had a modem crash for the first time today. I thought I was on the latest stable TWRP version, but if there's another one that may be better I'd be ok flashing that.

loker

Sep 8, 2007
Mine did this the other day as well. Happened while using TomTom...has not occurred again. Running fre3 also.

claude9039u

Aug 7, 2007
I have tried all of these thing yet I still crash, been doing it for months now. I think it might be wifi calling?

caesar_

Dec 31, 2010
This has been happening to me as well.. What modem are you guys running?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
This has been happening to me as well.. What modem are you guys running?

You've been getting modem crashes on a regular, sustained basis? Are the moments repeatable or unpredictable?

I've had them when completely stock with only root, and when running stock DeOdex, plus when on custom roms, on both NABD and NC5D (ie, before and after WiFi calling).

caesar_

Dec 31, 2010
You've been getting modem crashes on a regular, sustained basis? Are the moments repeatable or unpredictable?

I've had them when completely stock with only root, and when running stock DeOdex, plus when on custom roms, on both NABD and NC5D (ie, before and after WiFi calling).

Very unpredictable when they happen.. I cannot replicate. They've all happened since flashing the NC5 engineering bootloader. Once i had 3 in a row all back to back about 5 to 10 minutes apart.

I've contemplated flashing the NC5 developers bootloader but from what you've just told me, they'd probably still occur.

Right now they occur maybe once every or every other week.

This never occurred while i was on stock NAB

Last edited:

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Very unpredictable when they happen.. I cannot replicate. They've all happened since flashing the NC5 engineering bootloader. Once i had 3 in a row all back to back about 5 to 10 minutes apart.

I've contemplated flashing the NC5 developers bootloader but from what you've just told me, they'd probably still occur.

Right now they occur maybe once every or every other week.

This never occurred while i was on stock NAB

Check Josh Beach's K3 thread in the dev forum. I posted my experience and speculation with this issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash back to stock with odin and reroot and install recovery .... then see if it still does it ... could be hardware issue or stay on stock for a couple days and see ...if it's hardware get it replaced otherwise it could just be a bad software issue that could be fixed by starting over ...

Check Josh Beach's K3 thread in the dev forum. I posted my experience and speculation with this issue.

I'm gonna try flashing back to stock modem bootloader and see if it helps any.