[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 9 Discussion Thread

Search This thread
May 26, 2012
The last two nighties, 27 and 28 the lockscreen keeps freezing and I have to switch the screen off and on again to unfreeze it. It's not a sod, it seems to be the touchscreen stops working.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Kings Lee

Oct 11, 2006
do you guys use face unlock? i found that sometimes the front cam failed to start, and i have to pretend that the small unlock icon exists and keep trying till it let me unlock with passcode

tapatalk on cm9-nightly-n7000

hamma

Apr 20, 2006
I just realized that since .27 i cannot use wifi file explorer anymore. A ping to my device doesn´t work, too.

boris03

Feb 11, 2007
when installing - only nigthlies update and Gapps?

Hi Guys,

I would like to give CM9 a try. Never installed that before.
One thing confuses me - what files do I need for flashing CM9?
Just the newest update file or do I need a base ROM first?
The update is only 134MB that´s so small.

(The rest of the procedure is clear also the GAPPS is clear)

Thanks for your support

MR.change

Nov 9, 2011
Baghdad
for some reason ,after restoring my nandroid backup of CM9 19\5 nightly ,I now have partial root only.
I tried Busy box installer.zip from recovery but its getting stuck at unmounting system so it's a no go.
also tried zergrush exploit but it doesn't seem to do anything to a cm9 running device.

any ideas on how to restore full root permissions without having to use PC ODIN again?

I really hate ODIN:rolleyes:

blindbox

Mar 7, 2012
Have you tried SEARCHING for Music.apk? You can install it in system yourself you know
Never said I didn't but it's gonna be a pain in the ass to do it with every single build (Gonna make a simple script just for this I guess). Regardless my feature request is completely valid. Go on, configure your alarm, see what's missing.

Apollo might be nice and all but this crucial feature (ability to preview and select music as ringtone etc) is missing. My whole post may be useless as for all we know it's already in the todo list.

Sent from my Note using a real mobile browser.

Last edited:
May 26, 2012
A update on the lockscreen freeze. Even when I turn off lockscreen and it goes straight to homescreen, the touchscreen still doesn't work straight away and it's about 2 or 3 seconds before it starts working.

crankshaft

Jan 13, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Hi devs

Firstly, many thanks for all your hard work. Am loving cm9.

How about this for an idea? Now we've got sources etc do you think that call audio could be routed via the aux jack in the car dock? That's about the only reason I got a car dock and when I found it doesn't work was pretty disappointed!

Oh, and also seeing the lock screen hang, eventually it works again though.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hawklan_D
May 26, 2012
A update on the lockscreen freeze. Even when I turn off lockscreen and it goes straight to homescreen, the touchscreen still doesn't work straight away and it's about 2 or 3 seconds before it starts working.

Basically, it's not the actual lockscreen that's the problem, it's the touchscreen starting 3 or 4 seconds after the screen turns on.

Reactions: trahzebuck

ahalford

Sep 24, 2011
עץ החיים
I want to say, that I have no regrets, being on CM9. If I'm not using wi-fi, this rom is amazing. Battery life same as stock (average 4.5 hours of screen time), in terms of speed and responsibility it's by far better, then stock, not talking about customization.
But this wi-fi thing is killing me. I can surely live without it, having enough ammount of mobile internet to surf and download, using scheduler to turn on/off mobile internet, autosync and background data. It's just this little ****ty feeling inside, that something is not working, as should have to work.
Btw, updating nightly build everyday, wiping cache and dalvick before installing the new update, and not using wi-fi, I came to simple conslusion: No wi-fi - No SOD.

I'm kindly asking those, who have bad battery life and SOD's - can you, please, closely follow your battery consumption with wi-fi on & connected with screen on & off, and give some feedbacks?

matius44

Feb 24, 2011
Sunderland
for some reason ,after restoring my nandroid backup of CM9 19\5 nightly ,I now have partial root only.
I tried Busy box installer.zip from recovery but its getting stuck at unmounting system so it's a no go.
also tried zergrush exploit but it doesn't seem to do anything to a cm9 running device.

any ideas on how to restore full root permissions without having to use PC ODIN again?

I really hate ODIN:rolleyes:

I once had a similar issue when I was on ICS Asylum, what worked for me is:

- flashing franco.Kernel #10 (I know it's for Gingerbread, that incident happened before the release of custom ICS kernels)

- rebooting to recovery

- flash Paranoid Android, root was retained

I tried to restore a backup of Asylum and CM9 before flashing PA but the both ended up with partial root also, seems like restoring is not 100% reliable, flashing OTOH is the only way probably

Hope this helps you

Reactions: MR.change

Top Liked Posts