[Q] USB charge only mode?

Search This thread

EsEmDee

Jun 1, 2014
Hello.
I have a little problem.
When I connect my LG smartphone to my computer with the USB cable, the phone gives me a bunch of options, like MTP, PTP, tethering, and charge only mode. It's awesome.
But, if I connect my Tablet to the PC, the only option the tablet has in mass storage mode.

Is there any software I could install to my tablet (It runs android 4.2.2) or something else so that I'd have all those options just like on my phone? The charge only mode is the most immportant of them all.

Thanks!

pandian8552

Apr 20, 2014
coimbatore
Hello.
I have a little problem.
When I connect my LG smartphone to my computer with the USB cable, the phone gives me a bunch of options, like MTP, PTP, tethering, and charge only mode. It's awesome.
But, if I connect my Tablet to the PC, the only option the tablet has in mass storage mode.

Is there any software I could install to my tablet (It runs android 4.2.2) or something else so that I'd have all those options just like on my phone? The charge only mode is the most immportant of them all.

Thanks!

connect your tablet to your pc
in notification panel goto "touch for usb options" there you choose MTP or PTP
for tethering goto settings>more settings Tetheting and portable hotspot click that for option

<<<<<<< hit THANKS if i helped you

Reactions: masanamuthu

EsEmDee

Jun 1, 2014
for tethering goto settings>more settings Tetheting and portable hotspot click that for option

If I touch the thing that pops up in the notifications panel, all I get is this one option, no MTP, PTP or charge only mode :(
Screenshot_2014-06-25-20-58-37_zpsaa0964e1.jpeg

EsEmDee

Jun 1, 2014
No you cannot get that option for tablet
Because mtp is mass storage
Ptp is camera linked which can transfer files which cannot be transferred by mtp
So I think both mtp and ptp are combined and given as a single option

Hit THANKS if I helped you

So, what you're saying is that there is completely no way to have a charge only mode on my tablet? That's so.. so stupid D: Urgh, dumb tablet developers :c

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello.
    I have a little problem.

Thanks!

No you cannot get that option for tablet
    Because mtp is mass storage
    Ptp is camera linked which can transfer files which cannot be transferred by mtp
    So I think both mtp and ptp are combined and given as a single option

Hit THANKS if I helped you