[ROM][ACS][STOCK] "Leaky Gingerbread" ED12 :: RFS ONLY :: Deodexed/Prerooted :: 4/27

Search This thread

k0nane

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 7, 2008
www.k0nane.info
[ROM][ACS][STOCK] "Leaky Gingerbread" ED12 :: RFS ONLY :: Deodexed/Prerooted :: 4/27

k0nane and the Android Creative Syndicate present...
"Leaky Gingerbread" ED12
Deodexed, prerooted - RFS ONLY

ACS: From spontaneous ingenuity comes creative brilliance.

Code:
#include <external/cyanogenmod/std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Chances are you already know what this is - but in case you don't, this is Android 2.3, Gingerbread, for the Samsung Epic 4G. This is Samsung/Sprint's ED12 build - it is not anywhere near final, but it is direct from Samsung/Sprint. We assure you, this is really Gingerbread. As you will see, this is still early in the development process. There are rough edges that Samsung/Sprint have not smoothed out unless in 15 days they have fixed them all.

This is RFS-only. There is no EXT4 support - believe me, we tried to hack it in there for you, but it's just not happening right now. Other devs are welcome to try, but we don't believe it's possible at this point. However, the kernel is rooted, and contains Busybox for your device usage pleasure.

How To Install
Odin (download) to stock EC05 (download official TAR), use the CWM2.5 one-click, wipe data/cache three times, and flash the ROM. If you wish to use the ED12 modem, you can flash that through Odin - however, we found it provided no gain, and just caused trouble with 3G data and VVM. The EC05 modem will work fine.

Screenshots - See qbking77's teaser video here!

3078V.png

Last edited:

k0nane

Feb 7, 2008
www.k0nane.info
Known Bugs

None, as a result of the packaging process. Behavior is identical to stock. However, the stock package is known to have the following issues, all of which have been reproduced in testing:

- 4G non-functional
- GPS non-functional out of the box - WORKAROUND: get GPS Status from the Market; reset AGPS status (works with wireless networks off)
- Wake lag present
- Does not boot when plugged in and powered off, unplug to boot
- Temperature sensor readings are incorrect. You may see interrupted charging due to bad battery temp readings.
- Slide to unlock button sometimes 'sticks'
- Has Carrier IQ (dieplz) ;)

Downloads - No Wait Times!

Download ROM/kernel (Direct) | Mirrors :: Direct #2 - Mediafire
Download ED12 modem - OPTIONAL (Direct) | Mirrors :: Direct #2 - Mediafire - Sharebeast

FAQ
  • I flashed the ED12 modem and it sucks! I want to go back to the EC05 modem! Download this and Odin it.
  • Where's the TAR? Our source put his job at risk by giving this to us. Unfortunately, we cannot release the TAR untouched for this very reason.
  • WHERE'S THE %^#&ing TAR?!?! Did you not read the above? Die in a fire. You're not missing anything, trust us.
  • I'm getting FCs! Wipe data and reflash. Otherwise, this is fully stock, and comes with what any full-stock build will.
  • Why can't I flash this with CWM3? It's not compatible with EXT4, and as such the update-script is in Amend format to prevent you from using CWM3.
  • How do I flash the modem in Odin? Put your phone in Download mode by holding 1 on the keyboard and the power button until you get to a yellow triangle. Connect the phone to USB. Open Odin, load the PIT in PIT and the modem in PDA (or Phone - both work). Uncheck everything on the left except Auto Reboot. Click the big button.

Credits
  • tanimn (ACS) - rooted kernel, patience ;)
  • Shabbypenguin (ACS) - testing, hosting, TeamViewer
  • qbking77 (ACS) - testing
  • jez2cool (ACS) - testing
  • Parabola949 (ACS) - testing
  • rjmjr69 (ACS) - team lead
The most important thanks of all goes to our source - you are an asset to this entire community!

Special Support

The Android Creative Syndicate fully supports ptfdmedic's mission of spreading autism awareness. Our graphics guru ZHkilla has whipped up a brand-new, awesome banner for the cause. Please add it to your signatures.

E69bV.png

Last edited:

MДЯCЦSДИT

Nov 21, 2010
Marcusant Mods n' Themes

I have the crt animation working now. Check the themes section.
Overscroll in themes section.

!!!WARNING!!!

Very unlikely but battery reporting issues nullifys the proper heat detection system so battery can catostophically overheat and may explode. There are backups (i think), and it is unlilely anyways. But you risk it when flashing. K0nane, please post this as a precaution in the OP.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Last edited:
Reactions: lynyrd65

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Nice!!! Can't wait til we get some custom roms off this and some bug fixes at least til the official version is released!!! I may try this later ;)

Sent from my Epic 4.0.1g bonsai plant

dreamsforgotten

May 4, 2010
Louisiana
This is very impressive for a first round project from Sprint! Bugs aside it is pretty smooth future is bright epic users.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

k0nane and the Android Creative Syndicate present...
    "Leaky Gingerbread" ED12
    Deodexed, prerooted - RFS ONLY

ACS: From spontaneous ingenuity comes creative brilliance.

Code:
    #include <external/cyanogenmod/std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Chances are you already know what this is - but in case you don't, this is Android 2.3, Gingerbread, for the Samsung Epic 4G. This is Samsung/Sprint's ED12 build - it is not anywhere near final, but it is direct from Samsung/Sprint. We assure you, this is really Gingerbread. As you will see, this is still early in the development process. There are rough edges that Samsung/Sprint have not smoothed out unless in 15 days they have fixed them all.

This is RFS-only. There is no EXT4 support - believe me, we tried to hack it in there for you, but it's just not happening right now. Other devs are welcome to try, but we don't believe it's possible at this point. However, the kernel is rooted, and contains Busybox for your device usage pleasure.

How To Install
    Odin (download) to stock EC05 (download official TAR), use the CWM2.5 one-click, wipe data/cache three times, and flash the ROM. If you wish to use the ED12 modem, you can flash that through Odin - however, we found it provided no gain, and just caused trouble with 3G data and VVM. The EC05 modem will work fine.

Screenshots - See qbking77's teaser video here!

3078V.png
    Known Bugs

None, as a result of the packaging process. Behavior is identical to stock. However, the stock package is known to have the following issues, all of which have been reproduced in testing:

- 4G non-functional
    - GPS non-functional out of the box - WORKAROUND: get GPS Status from the Market; reset AGPS status (works with wireless networks off)
    - Wake lag present
    - Does not boot when plugged in and powered off, unplug to boot
    - Temperature sensor readings are incorrect. You may see interrupted charging due to bad battery temp readings.
    - Slide to unlock button sometimes 'sticks'
    - Has Carrier IQ (dieplz) ;)

Downloads - No Wait Times!

Download ROM/kernel (Direct) | Mirrors :: Direct #2 - Mediafire
    Download ED12 modem - OPTIONAL (Direct) | Mirrors :: Direct #2 - Mediafire - Sharebeast

FAQ
    • I flashed the ED12 modem and it sucks! I want to go back to the EC05 modem! Download this and Odin it.
    • Where's the TAR? Our source put his job at risk by giving this to us. Unfortunately, we cannot release the TAR untouched for this very reason.
    • WHERE'S THE %^#&ing TAR?!?! Did you not read the above? Die in a fire. You're not missing anything, trust us.
    • I'm getting FCs! Wipe data and reflash. Otherwise, this is fully stock, and comes with what any full-stock build will.
    • Why can't I flash this with CWM3? It's not compatible with EXT4, and as such the update-script is in Amend format to prevent you from using CWM3.
    • How do I flash the modem in Odin? Put your phone in Download mode by holding 1 on the keyboard and the power button until you get to a yellow triangle. Connect the phone to USB. Open Odin, load the PIT in PIT and the modem in PDA (or Phone - both work). Uncheck everything on the left except Auto Reboot. Click the big button.

Credits
    • tanimn (ACS) - rooted kernel, patience ;)
    • Shabbypenguin (ACS) - testing, hosting, TeamViewer
    • qbking77 (ACS) - testing
    • jez2cool (ACS) - testing
    • Parabola949 (ACS) - testing
    • rjmjr69 (ACS) - team lead
    The most important thanks of all goes to our source - you are an asset to this entire community!

Special Support

The Android Creative Syndicate fully supports ptfdmedic's mission of spreading autism awareness. Our graphics guru ZHkilla has whipped up a brand-new, awesome banner for the cause. Please add it to your signatures.

E69bV.png
    Dont Forget To Hit The Thanks Button For The Whole ACS TEAM .... we broke the **** out of our phones for you

Seriously - please read the credits list! Our testers were the most important people here - I don't have a device to test on, so they did all the testing with me!
    Dont Forget To Hit The Thanks Button For The Whole ACS TEAM .... we broke the **** out of our phones for you
    P-O-S-T :: R-E-S-E-R-V-E-D
    ...for future use.

Finished_logo.png

Visit ACS's home on the web at http://www.acsyndicate.net, and follow us on Twitter at @ACSyndicate!​