[APP][27 April 2011] GRemote Pro v1.5.12 -shortcuts for profiles

Search This thread

Sevennl

Dec 9, 2007
Wijchen
Hi,

The touch pad is perfect. Much easier usage with a HTPC than the mouse tbh.
The only things i am waiting for are:

Glow skins on the Gpad and Gmedia.
Custom skin or template(s) for the Keyboard to make your own layout for the keys.

The-Kevster

Nov 2, 2007
London, UK
Touchpad - applet which emulates laptops touchpad with a scroll area (dpad centre is left mouse button, useful for drag&drop)

This should also be enabled in GMouse mode. It's much more comfortable to hold the device at the bottom and use the dpad centre as a mouse button.

Hope you get time to add that soon.

The application is even more fantastic then before! Well worth donating!

ImpactMan

Sep 30, 2008
Hi there!

I've already preform the WQVGA test on OMNIA.

So, here goes my "GRemote on OMNIA review"

Graphics match perfectly on WQVGA and with good quality. (5/5)

GMouse works fine, including the buttons and the touchfree function.(4/5)*

Touchpad it's all OK. Scroll and click delay are fine.(5/5)

GPad and GMedia are able to do what they are prompt for.(5/5)

Keyboard also works fine for abc letters and 123. (4/5)*

GRemoteServer seems to work OK. No problems detected.(5/5)
(Not tried the bluetooh connection)

*Why (4/5) on GMouse:

The only thing I can notice that is not ok is when the device goes to stand by. When it
returns from it to "active",GMouse arrow control don't work however the buttons keep
working.
All other features, including Touchpad, Keyboard, GMedia and GPad keep working with no
problems after it came from "standby".

*Why (4/5) on Keyboard:

With GRemote keyboard:
Qwertyuiop
asdfghjkl
zxcvbnm.
(#-!^ӂ*~\
/ªº´`,

With normal use OMNIA keyboard:
Qwertyuiop (ok)
asdfghjkl (ok)
zxcvbnm. (ok)
1234567890 (ok)
*#-!?@~+/\ (don't match)
&"';:, (don't match)
(all other symbols don't match)

Not big problems those ones. GRemote runs all principal features with no problems.

Overall, GRemote on OMNIA (by marbalon) is 5 stars! Really cool and useful application, that match
daily request for gaming, media center control, powerpoint presentations and all other
things that we could remember to do with.

Cheers to marbalon, the GRemote author!

Last edited:

dge669110

Jul 5, 2008
Great thanks for the job you have done, this program is really useful. I have only one question, is that possible to create a numerical interface. when I am configuring networks (ip address) with a laptop it will be more easier to use a big interface ( like a big calculator). Is that possible to implement a usb fonction when the keyboard and mouse doesn't work on the PC ( plugin the phone, lauching the app and using touchpad and keyboard ) ?

Just 2 little problems, scrolling with virtual weel in Gmouse scroll until I am retouching the weel and drag and drop with touchpad don't work.

Congratulation for your program and thanks a lot.

Last edited:

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
Just 2 little problems, scrolling with virtual weel in Gmouse scroll until I am retouching the weel and drag and drop with touchpad don't work.

First problem is not problem. It is new function TouchFlo. You can disable or configure it in GRemoteServer.
Drag&drop working with dpad centre. Just hold centre button and move icons/etc. using touchpad.

cheers.
Marcin.

swiftgs

Sep 18, 2007
Re

Ok, its time to write some small things! First of all, its a fantastic program! everything works without problems here. But I think you can make it absolutely perfect when its also possible to import the windows mediaplayer library. So you can search a new song in the multimedia tab and play it or add it to the que.

However, its still fantastic! donation is on its way!

and now i think you received a donation!!! :D:D:D keep going with the good work!

Last edited:

ImpactMan

Sep 30, 2008
I've been trying to connect GRemote with bluetooth.

I've already make a PAN connection, (I've tried to follow this post)
But, when I try to find PC by writing the IP of bluetooth connection it says "not found".

Don't think this is GRemote problem, but windows or PPC (OMNIA) configurations.

I can only send packages from PC, and not receiving any ones on PC.

Some one to help me?

Tanks!

jamiecollinson

Feb 25, 2006
Problems with 0.3.0 and linux?

This is a great program - been using it since the linux server came out.

Good work marbalon!

Just wondering if anyone else has been having trouble connecting to the linux server with the latest (0.3.0) client? The "find" button doesn't find the server, and if I manually assign the correct IP mouse clicks register but that's about it. Reverting to 0.2.1 fixes the problem and works flawlessly.

I'm really keen to try the mousepad function so any help is appreciated.

Fellan

Sep 24, 2008
Hi there everyone. I have a problem.
I try to connect to my PC through USB but i get nothing.
Just wont connect. (I have the server up and running)

Help please!

EDIT, Sorry works now.

Last edited:

davidgiga

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2008
omg this is awesome :p
now it's just missing a G-joystick xD

or something to play FPS-Games with diamond as Controler :p

jamesd256

Feb 10, 2007
omg this is awesome :p
now it's just missing a G-joystick xD

or something to play FPS-Games with diamond as Controler :p

Personally I think a mouse is better for fps games.

I have tried Gremote to control an FPS game (open arena), and it works ok, but it would be much better if pressing the mouse button didn't interrupt the movement.

Now, the (hardware) keyboard works at the same time as the mouse if you have a touch pro, but the trouble is, open arena doesn't respond to keyboard events generated by gremote, only the physical keyboard.

Saying all that, it would be great to have G-Joystick option!

ImpactMan

Sep 30, 2008
OK. After some time and tries... GRemote works with OMNIA by bluetooth!! Wasn't easy.. but now is ok.
Has I said, the problem was not on GRemote, but in configurations.

So, for all of you wich have the same problems here goes some "tips":

GRemote Bluetooth connection (OMNIA)

1. Download the WM6BTPAN.exe (from this post);

2. Connect your device with Active Sync (bluetooth connection);

3. Run WM6BTPAN.exe on your device;

4. Go to windows bluetooth connections (control panel > networks), double click on bluetooth icon and create a bluetooth PAN connection (make sure that conection is ok and you can see your IP);

5. Run GRemoteServer (see at status tab if bluetooth PAN IP is ok)

6. Run GRemote application on your device, enter the Bluetooth PAN IP (don't need to do "find"), and than press GO.

7. Select your feature and "enjoy marbalon's creation".

Hope this helps some one!

l.d

Sep 22, 2008
GRemote 0.3.0 / Touchpad / Keyboard

Could we use "hold - Alt" button from the Keyboard's panel with the Touchpad's panel ? (drag and drop)

Same question with "hold - Ctrl". (drag and drop)

Could we use "F11, ..." button ?

txbandit

Oct 8, 2008
Media Buttons not working

Hello. This is the coolest phone app i've ever used. Fantastic job. I have a small problem though. I hope someone can help me. On my office pc everything works perfect, but on my htpc the media buttons don't work. Only the volume buttons work. I can't forward, pause, stop, or previous track. All of these work on my office pc. Anyone know what could be happening? I really appreciate the help. I also notice this app will stop working after a few seconds if the taskbar on the pc is set to autohide.

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
Hello. This is the coolest phone app i've ever used. Fantastic job. I have a small problem though. I hope someone can help me. On my office pc everything works perfect, but on my htpc the media buttons don't work. Only the volume buttons work. I can't forward, pause, stop, or previous track. All of these work on my office pc. Anyone know what could be happening? I really appreciate the help. I also notice this app will stop working after a few seconds if the taskbar on the pc is set to autohide.

It works only in Windows Media Player.

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
No, this application only works over WiFi, USB and Bluetooth

No you can use any tcp/ip connection. But remember:

1. Find function don't work over internet.
2. You need to enter IP address manually
3. Remeber to use External IP address.
4. If you are using youter behind your PC and Internet forwart UDP 5656 port.

Thats all.

I run some tests over internet and it works.

Cheers.
GRemote author.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I've just released new version specially for android (WM is not touched). Here are changes:

- voice command - launch any application you want using voice!
    - new Honeycomb application skin
    - redesigned menus and options
    - get more options in skins list - if you prefer old applets design you can download it from app
    - scroll to current track when you load page with containing this track
    - current track indicator
    - memory optimization
    - fixed problem with some buttons on gingerbread

attachment.php

But the most important change is new price - now it is only $4.95!!!

Regards,
    Marcin.

wizard.png

wol.png

Cheers,
    Marcin.

Please visit us:

http://gbmsoftware.com/

Unsigned drivers problem?
    Fixed - just install latest version

--------Description below is for non-Pro version--------

What we have now?

• GCenter - place to select controller type
    • GMouse - mouse control like Logitech MX Air (not the same)
    • Touchpad - applet which emulates laptops touchpad with a scroll area (dpad centre is left mouse button, useful for drag&drop)
    • GPad - especially for Media Center (generates arrow keys, Enter, Backspace, Esc, Alt+F4, StartMenu)
    • GMedia - multimedia keys for Windows Media Player (VolUP, VolDown, Play/Pause,Stop,Next, Prior)
    • Keyboard - Now you can use any SIP method including the hardware keyboard in HTC Touch Pro. Extra keys on screen Ctrl, Alt (three state), Esc, Del, Tab
    • GRace - thanks to PPJoy we have analogue game controller with 2 axis and 12 buttons. It is similar to NiiMe for Nokia, but only steering wheel for now.
    GRace quick howto:
    - Download and install PPJoy (click green download button on the right side on his site)
    - Go to "Control Panel->Paraller Port Joystick"
    - Click Add button and select "Virtual joysticks" for "Paraller Port", and "Controller 1" for "Controller number".
    - Now windows detect new hardware and should automatically find required drivers (if not try to install drivers manually from this directory C:\Program Files\Parallel Port Joystick)
    -Run GRemteServer and you should see info on GRace tab "PPJoy status: driver opened succesful"
    - Now you can calibrate you controler using standard windows functions (Control Panel->Game controllers->PPJoy Virtual joystick 1"->Properties...)

FAQs:

• Installation guide with USB connection howto
    • Bluetooth connection howto
    • This program uses 5656 UDP port so open this port to your firewall configuration
    • if you are using Windows Firewall and have problems with connection try this help.
    • if you are using ESET Smart Security (Nod32) you can fallow this steps. Remember to restart GRemoteServer after you finish configure ESS.
    • if you get "Connecton timeout" message, please check your firewall. In all probability it is the source of problems with connection.

Requirement
    - Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 (cab)

And last, but not least - I really appreciate the help of new GRemote designer - Expo7. He does a lot of good job so Donate him if you like GRemote design!!!

Screenshots
    v5.1.jpg
    v5.2.jpg

Changelog

Enjoy,
    Marcin Baliniak.

Please do not distribute this files on other sites. If you wan you can put URL to this topic.

To find latest version go to this location.

Older versions:
    GRemote_v0.3.0_qvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.3.0_vga.zip
    GRemote_v0.3.0_wqvga.zip
    ---
    GRemote_v0.5.0_qvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.0_vga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.0_wqvga.zip

---
    GRemote_v0.5.1_qvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.1_vga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.1_wqvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.1_wvga.zip
    Hi,
    I have one small request for everyone who use pro version. I've just finish new version for WM phones. All settings tab and welcome screen was changed, so please try it and give me a feadback about this version. All gfx looks ok on your phone ? If you have any problems please pos a screenshot about this situation. If works fine on your device please write small post like "Works fine on HD2".

Cheers,
    Marcin.

This package doesn't have an QVGA skin availible.
    Though I checked the WQVGA, which works somewhat compressed.

Also, didn't get it to work on the Niki
    It just wil not connect over BT.
    It seems this update is mostly for Android users. Is there any benefit to me upgrading? My specs are listed below.

Device OS version - WM6.5.3
    PC OS version - Windows 7 Pro x64
    Network encryption - WPA2
    Frequency - 2.4GHz 802.11g

If I should provide more information, please let me know. This was all I could think of to provide offhand.

Hi!

This function/fixes goes to WM and Android so if you need this you should upgrade.

• support for more keybard languages and symbols
    • 'client connected' and 'disconnected' event
    • faster files/tracks list loading
    Btw. sometimes we fix something and forget to add to changelog - so it is worth to upgrade always ;)

Regards,
    Marcin.
    New music widget comming soon...

In next few days we should release new version for android devices win new music widgets... In new release you can also find Chinese and Russian translations... Now need to check BT connection problem in HD2.

Cheers,
    Marcin.
    New version for Android and new price $4.95!!!

Hi,
    We just released new version for android devices. New version contains changes listed below:
    - added translations: Czech, Russian, Chinese
    - new GRemotePro music Widget 4x2 - if you have a problems with widgets please remove application and install again
    - new layout for old (4x1) music widget
    - fixed communication problem in widget
    - fixed some FC reported by users

But the most important change is new price - now it is only $4.95!!!

Regards,
    Marcin.