Unroot AT&T S4 with MF3

Search This thread

niravs82

Jun 3, 2014
I am trying to unroot my AT&T Galaxy S4 back to stock so I can apply the OTA updates. Currently I am rooted and running MF3 and cannot apply any of the OTA updates, fails at 25%

So if I want to unroot do I Odin the MF3 tar files or would it be better to Odin back to the MDL version? Then I should be able to apply the updates?

niravs82

Jun 3, 2014
I thought about doing that but was not sure if it was possible since since I was rooted. Was afraid of bricking the phone. So if I Odin NB1, how do I unroot the phone? Do I need to do anything before flashing that tar file?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I thought about doing that but was not sure if it was possible since since I was rooted. Was afraid of bricking the phone. So if I Odin NB1, how do I unroot the phone? Do I need to do anything before flashing that tar file?

Just flash in Odin. It'll put the new firmware on and remove root. You don't have to unroot first

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just flash in Odin. It'll put the new firmware on and remove root. You don't have to unroot first

Why don't you just Odin the nb1 tar files and forget the ota?