update and unroot

Search This thread

ayemiller

Jun 5, 2012
I am on rooted mk2 with safestrap, can i unroot and upgrade all in one shot with this?: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735172

as well is it safe to use the one that retains my data while updating to a new release?

thanks in advance

Do you really mean that you have safestrap or are you on a "LOKI" rom? Do you have a custom recovery installed? Although I haven't used this, if you are actually using safestrap, then yes, you can use this.

tech_head

I am on rooted mk2 with safestrap, can i unroot and upgrade all in one shot with this?: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735172

as well is it safe to use the one that retains my data while updating to a new release?

thanks in advance

Yes, it's "safe" if you follow the instructions. I have done it.
It will wipe your phone....... Not the SD stuff but everything else it wiped.
You should backup and before doing this with Titanium Backup or ADB.

This will leave you rooted with MK2 still as your bootloader with the ability to ODIN back to MK2 at some point, if need be.
This puts you off the ranch, but ODIN can get you back on the ranch later.

There is currently no other way to have root on KitKat. So if root is important and you want KitKat, this is it.
Now if you don't care about root, go flash the MK2 No-Wipe found on this forum, then take the OTA.
You need to remove SS to do that though.

cbmggm

May 1, 2011
Scottsdale AZ
Yes, it's "safe" if you follow the instructions. I have done it.
It will wipe your phone....... Not the SD stuff but everything else it wiped.
You should backup and before doing this with Titanium Backup or ADB.

This will leave you rooted with MK2 still as your bootloader with the ability to ODIN back to MK2 at some point, if need be.
This puts you off the ranch, but ODIN can get you back on the ranch later.

There is currently no other way to have root on KitKat. So if root is important and you want KitKat, this is it.
Now if you don't care about root, go flash the MK2 No-Wipe found on this forum, then take the OTA.
You need to remove SS to do that though.

The No Wipe Odin MK2 method will remove SS.

mancolla

May 7, 2014
help! was rooted 4.3 tried flashing stock 4.4.2 failed

I had 4.3 rooted and i tried flashing stock 4.4.2 not im pretty much bricked! please if someone can help me i would really appreciate it

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I had 4.3 rooted and i tried flashing stock 4.4.2 not im pretty much bricked! please if someone can help me i would really appreciate it

How'd you try flashing it that led you to here? If you can get into download mode just use the Odin file... Since I don't know exactly what you did you could try mk2but may not work and you may have to Odin NC5.. Little more info will help

Sent from my jflte using Tapatalk