I got the NEW & UPDATED Lumia 900(Green Dot) Here's what I found different. Good Job!

Search This thread

Seed 2.0

Oct 26, 2010
OH-IO
I got the NEW & UPDATED Lumia 900(Green Dot) Here's what I found different. Good Job!

Just got home with the updated Lumia 900. They are identified by a green dot sticker on the IMEI label of the At&t box. Let me say right off the bat, the " Memory Management " issue in my humble opinion affected more then the connection issues; or I had defective hardware with my first Lumia 900.

1. The touch response is now equal to that of my Samsung Focus. One to two thumb swipes gets me top to bottom of the home screen. THANK YOU!!!

2. My WiFi will auto connect once I reenter a WiFi area I had accessed before with out me hitting " Connect"

3. Camera wakes phone up from sleep every time. It also wakes up faster then it did before.

4. When I have several apps open and I uses the back button to get back to the home screen, the phone no longer hangs on any one page, it simple flies through each till arriving at the home page.

5. The boot up time and shut down time of the phone has increase dramatically.

6. The response of the back button its self is better in general.

7. Looks like more web pages have been added to the stock favorites, Support pages via Nokia and AT&t.

8. None of the Version numbers changed, i.e OS, Firmware, Hardware, Radio Software, Bootloader, Chip SOC.

I'll post here if I find other differences. They told me at the store more then once the update is coming out on Monday, the 16th.

Reactions: geekaren

senor360

Feb 25, 2010
Had you previously purchased the other version, then traded it in for the one you have now? I assume you did, but wanted to see what hassle if any they gave you? What did you have to do to swap out?

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo
Hey!!! Thanks for reporting!!

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Just got home with the updated Lumia 900. They are identified by a green dot sticker on the IMEI label of the At&t box. Let me say right off the bat, the " Memory Management " issue in my humble opinion affected more then the connection issues; or I had defective hardware with my first Lumia 900.

1. The touch response is now equal to that of my Samsung Focus. One to two thumb swipes gets me top to bottom of the home screen. THANK YOU!!!

2. My WiFi will auto connect once I reenter a WiFi area I had accessed before with out me hitting " Connect"

3. Camera wakes phone up from sleep every time. It also wakes up faster then it did before.

4. When I have several apps open and I uses the back button to get back to the home screen, the phone no longer hangs on any one page, it simple flies through each till arriving at the home page.

7. Looks like more web pages have been added to the stock favorites, Support pages via Nokia and AT&t.

8. None of the Version numbers changed, i.e OS, Firmware, Hardware, Radio Software, Bootloader, Chip SOC.

I'll post here if I find other differences. They told me at the store more then once the update is coming out on Monday, the 16th.

Boot up and shut down time has increased or decreased?

adiliyo

Oct 25, 2009
Los Angeles
i don't know how much faster the bootup time can be, it doesn't even have time to cycle through the windows dots once before it's at my lock screen.

that being said, good to hear they have improved the device

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo

LOOKS like the UPdate is live in Zune right now. I got it about 10 minutes ago.
Everything as Seek said...appears to be so....

Seed 2.0

Oct 26, 2010
OH-IO
There was no hassle, but they tell you they can't exchange it again. That said I'm unfortunately going to write Nokia. My original phone that I returned today had a speaker issue or I wouldn't have returned it in the first place. The replacement that had all the wonderful improvements had one major flaw, the vibration mode on it didn't just vibrate, it made an awful metallic/knocking sound. I had it home for 20 minutes and took it back, knowing they couldn't exchange it again. After about an hour and all the employees confirming the defect I was granted a 3rd exchange. This time before even leaving the store I activated the Nokia Diagnostics App and tried the vibrate mode, and in my opinion it was even worse then then one I returned. I however exhausted the patience of the staff member who helped me, and he was a great guy. I expressed that I thought it sounded worse then the other, and he explained that they had no other stock, and made me feel like they couldn't help me any further.

*** While typing this I just received a message that there is an update available for my phone. I have a green dot on my box and was told this phone was already updated***

tonybalido

Jun 10, 2009
i updated as well, and still notice the lag, the back button as well, still unresponsive at times. even after hard reset. i'll be going to att in the morning to see if i can swap it out.

out of curiosity, what is the country of manufacture of your new phone?

Seed 2.0

Oct 26, 2010
OH-IO
Still Korea, my guess is they just tested phones at the at&t distribution point put a green sticker on them, and shipped them to stores. I ended up getting another replacement from a different store, with no hassle at all. It was a green dot box too, and it to was offered and received an update. I have used 4 different NL900's in the last 18 hours and I think my original one must of had a faulty digitizer. My original NL900 was so so to swipe, all that followed it I'm able to swipe my full home page in 2 thumb strokes.

johnnybrav0

Jun 2, 2009
I didn't have the connection issue, but did update my phone last night. The scrolling has improve and is faster now. Everthing seems to run fast and smooth.

Only thing is the camera button still doesn't wake the phone up at times but that is the same with my samsung focus s...hit and miss...last is the volume button...it seems that your not able to adjust the volume when the screen goes off even with the music playing in the background.

IF you have concern please dial ##634# and run test. This will put your mind at rest because you will be able to test each part of the phone out. Remember you can still return the phone and get a new one, if the test fail.

I'm hoping Tango release will fix all these minor bugs...

Seed 2.0

Oct 26, 2010
OH-IO
I noticed that volume can be changed with the lock screen on if its through an app, i.e. WPFandora, MixTapes, 8Tracks but not through Zune. I know it works with headphones, but not all headphones have controls on them. That said my crappy headphones sound way better connected to the Nokia then my Focus.

romeo0119

Aug 1, 2006
My camera button doesn't wake up the phone either after the update, should i exchange the phone?

BooR4dley

Mar 8, 2011
I'm not sure that the green dot means they've updated. I just picked on up yesterday that has the green dot and I was prompted to install the update within 2 hours of receiving it.

Seed 2.0

Oct 26, 2010
OH-IO
Green sticker simply means it was re-checked for hardware and software issues. The connections issue seemed to be the APN setting being wrong. Who ever check the hardware failed though. On my forth Lumia 900 and only my first one had a good working vibra unit. These other ones sound like metal clanking/rattle when they vibe. Nokia is supposed to call me today at 230 pm to discuss the camera issue, and the volume buttons not working with lock screen, and the vibra units sounding defective.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.