[MOD/SCRIPT]CPU Editor - BEST Battery Life - Now with Quad Core Support !!!

Search This thread

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
Hello all,

I am somewhat new to rooted androids and such, but I am learning rather quickly. Really would love to use this but for some reason it wont apply. I go in to apply the zip by pressing up vol, home and power, chose the beta zip and chose apply, it doesnt install it. Thought maybe it did, went into term and did su and then cpu and said cpu not found.
Went and tried to apply the zip again and it shows an ! in the triangl when it goes to apply.

Im on a samsung galaxy s aviator 4g.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thank you

I believe you need to flash it through recovery.

o0BlacknesS0o

Mar 28, 2012
Fincastle, VA
Hello all,

I am somewhat new to rooted androids and such, but I am learning rather quickly. Really would love to use this but for some reason it wont apply. I go in to apply the zip by pressing up vol, home and power, chose the beta zip and chose apply, it doesnt install it. Thought maybe it did, went into term and did su and then cpu and said cpu not found.
Went and tried to apply the zip again and it shows an ! in the triangl when it goes to apply.

Im on a samsung galaxy s aviator 4g.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thank you

You must be using CWM and you want to select install zip from sd card...not apply update

Droid Charge powered by TSM Tweaked 2.2 w/ TrICS 5.0

XDAcat62

Sep 10, 2011
So for some reason XDA wasn't letting me post until now..I sent a PM to the author but that also mysteriously didn't go through (not in sent box) and now it looks like I can post! So here goes.

Just wanted to note that when I start the script (from the beta) I quickly got a lot of things flashing on the console which were errors about not having cpu1 etc. (lost the exact error message sorry). I don't have a dual core so this is expected but you might want to hide the errors.

I was also having problems I think having the script to stick or seeing if it was running. The minimum frequency always seemed to reset to something and it always said it couldn't find the Frequency settings file. Pretty sure other init.d stuff is running so not sure what's going on.

This may be a silly question, because I previously used CPUTuner and noticed something similar, but is ondemand the only governor that allows the kind of scaling used for the profiles? I would love to use smartassV2 because I've heard it's similar to ondemand but has better battery management.

Also thanks, when I was fairly certain the script was running I got about 2.5 days (mostly idling, but still) on battery, which was unheard of previously!

bigknowz

Installing

Is the production version CPU_Editor_RLS_4.zip or do we go with C..._QC_Beta_1.zip? Neither link works. Also, I'm guessing if there is an issue with the software, the uninstaller.zip will get rid of it. Are there any issues with Jelly Bean? Thanks.

Zaki Sultany

Jan 15, 2012
Delhi
www.facebook.com
Dude? Wtf is this

Sent from my X10i using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347155999600.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347155999600.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 634

o0BlacknesS0o

Mar 28, 2012
Fincastle, VA
I'm not sure what your pointing out but it looks like a stock battery breakdown available in settings...

Droid Charge powered by TSM Tweaked 3.0 w/ JellyBean 5.0

izzaeroth

Nov 28, 2009
Any experts out there, how to make a init.d script that dual core mode enabled at startup/boot? Usually i have to open terminal, type su, select 7, select 1 then i exit. :-?

Sent from my thoughts using telepathy :banghead:

Check out system tuner in the market. It can force second core online with either boot complete or init.d

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

bigknowz

Stock Kernel

I'm not sure if the app is working on stock kernel. When I select CPU 0, it shows ondemand, but I have no options to change. I manually typed in ondemand, but that was rejected. Also, I have no ondemand folder under /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0. I only have interactive.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CPU Editor

This mod allows you to easily change cpu settings on the fly, and supports dual core devices. Easier and cheaper $$ than available apps that do the same thing !!

Will work on most devices, it edits linux files so device manufacturer makes no difference.

First off this works for ALL devices single/dual, and quad core !! So everyone can use it and please do...This is the beta version with quad core support. You can set each core individually and force each core individually !! I need some people to test it all out because i do not have a quad core phone. Thats why its beta for now. Please report bugs here or send me a pm with your device type and what bug you found. Also if it all works please post here so i know

Features:
    Change CPU Governor
    Change CPU Min/Max Frequencies
    Apply Settings on Boot - Sticky Mode
    Set Dual Core CPU's Independently - Governor and Frequencies
    Force Dual Core - Second Core Online ALL The Time
    Seperate Menus For Single and Dual Core Devices - Auto Selects
    View Current Settings For Everything
    Sticky Mode
    OnDemand Profiling
    Now uses config file to store values

Usage:
    Open terminal
    Type "su" without the quotes
    Type "cpu" without the quotes
    Make your selections

Notes:

An error appears sometimes when enabling or disabling force dual core, it's ok the settings still get applied.

Settings get applied immediately

Cores can be set independently, you can make the governors and frequencies different on each core. Could be a great battery saver by limiting the second cores resources.

Force Dual Core will make the second core stay online all the time

Some kernels do not have a available_scaling_freq so the available frequencies will not be displayed, look up the settings your kernel has either in your rom thread or kernel thread.

Sticky Mode will apply the settings you have made on reboot (requires init.d support- which most roms and most devices have)

OnDemand Profiling allows you to set profiles for ondemand governor, the settings possible are performance, performance and battery, and battery saver. Setting will only apply to ondemand govenor !! I will add more when i get some kernels for my one x.

The battery saver profile is ridiculous, my One X battery lasts a loooooong time with it on. I was at 19 hrs on battery and still at 71%. Try and see for yourself. Here is a screenshot: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27125704&postcount=3

Please report any bugs you may find here, this was tested on an evo 3d, one x, one s and a mytouch 4g.

Thanks to Orical for beta testing and -viperboy- for some code !!

Download:
    http://goo.im/devs/smokin1337/Mods/CPU_Editor_RLS_4.zip

Changelog:

QC Beta 1:
    -Added quad core support
    -Added daemon like script to monitor cpu's online state
    -Fixed the options for gov and frequencies not showing up on other cpus
    -ALL devices supported this is NOT for quad cores only

RLS_4:
    - Fixed init.d script
    - Added disable to profiles

RLS_3:
    - Added OnDemand Profiling see post one (bottom) for details
    - Now uses a config file to store values makes it more efficient
    Download Link

Since noone cares actually about provide a new download link I researched the internet using google search and finally found it available at XDA :silly:

Check this:
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1243323&d=1344187468

Hope it is fine with the originator to post this link.
    Here is a link to v4
    http://db.tt/hln4BVsi

Here is Beta 1
    http://db.tt/T0Y1SnPk

And the uninstaller
    http://db.tt/3TkPNu6T

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
    Any way to see the changes effectively? Not yet .. felt changes Thank you ..

Yea in open these in a file explorer:

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/scaling_max_freq

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/scaling_min_freq

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/scaling_governor

They should reflect the changes you have made.

Also i am working on adding profiles, will make an update in the next day or two. Switching the script over to using a config file for settings.