[Firmware][GT-N7000][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 unofficial builds // discussion thread

Search This thread

AA1973

Do you have some nice scripts to share?
I read about automateit pretty nifty wondering if anyone uses it in their update routine

Using beerbong's Zip installer and a nice CM10.1 cross hair (dot/circle) by Gugelhupf. Must be hidden somewhere in the forums here.
Zip installer>Not an automated script, but nearly ;)
Select multiple flashable zip files within a suitable file explorer and 'send to' > zip installer ... Hit install and you're done.

Reactions: Kortxero and sdvsf

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
The only device I know that uses Li-Po technology is the HTC One. Any other (popular smartphones) using Li-Po?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
I'm fairly certain nearly all devices use LiPos now - many of them may be marked as Li-Ion (since LiPo is a subset of LiIon really...)

You can change the icon by editing framework.
I stopped doing it since I update everyday. :eek:
I wish CM team included a small cross-hair like icon.

Have you considered submitting the change to gerrit for review?

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
Facebook style post, regarding some serious matter

Please, guys, take your time and read this post. I'm not yapping about what I ate for breakfast. Bear with me, will ya?

Remember those reports regarding battery level dropping suddenly and screen flickering at not so low battery levels? Well... I'm getting that too, now. Hear me out!

I was on Neo's NX kernel until last evening, then switched to CM kernel from 29th of March and, upon boot, battery was at 11% (dropped about 25%). Over the period of an hour or so, the battery indicator "charged" itself up to 17%. Oh well, figured it was because of Neo's battery fuel gauge or whatever that was before.

So, since yesterday and until now... I was on CM kernel from 29th of March. I charged my phone until it reached 50% and now, I wanted to discharge it entirely so I can set it to charge fully. To do so, I played Arcane Legends until the phone shut itself down (45 minutes or so). Then... Put the phone to charge. Nothing happens. I notice it 3 minutes later, and I press the home button. Phone boots up (upon pressing the home button?). Guess what? Battery was at 44% :/

Re-started Arcane Legends to re-drain battery... and it went down to 13% in no time (10 minutes or less). Screen started to flicker VERY BADLY.
I opened Battery Monitor Widget... according to that, battery was at 2973mV. There's no way that's accurate! If the battery voltage was that low, it would not even be able to recharge!

So, I put the phone to charge right away. Voltage went up to 3.7V in less than five seconds.

Now... my battery is less than 5 months old. My previous battery was about one year old and the phone wasn't doing this ! The screen would start to flicker slightly at 5% or less. Now it was flickering hardcore at 20% :/ .

Any ideas on this, guys?

I think I'd rather have the cursor pointer that appears on the screen while you hover the S Pen over... shifted a bit.

If the cursor is pointing at something, I know that's not where the actual touch input is going to be. It's always gonna be like in the center of the cursor icon :(

having the location of the pointer shifted in any way is a game breaking flaw when using the spen to draw In sketchbook mobile. half the reason I bough this phone was because of its sketching capabilities. I couldn't care less of using the stylus as a mouse.

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
having the location of the pointer shifted in any way is a game breaking flaw when using the spen to draw In sketchbook mobile. half the reason I bough this phone was because of its sketching capabilities. I couldn't care less of using the stylus as a mouse.

I think it's a game breaking flaw right now. It's not the tip of the cursor where the S Pen will actually make contact with the screen. It's more towards the center of the mouse cursor itself...

Just as easy, the mouse cursor icon could be replaced with a giraffe icon. It's still going to be the center of the giraffe where the S Pen will actually touch the screen :rolleyes: .

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Yes, it is a genuine Samsung battery. And it's less than 5 months old :crying:

Recharging it up and taking it out for a spin. Let's see if it was a one-time-only thing (although I doubt it now) or I need to *ML.

That's strange. I had the exact same problem with my old battery, and the flickering and ups and downs in battery life went away once I changed it, but your battery is only a few months old, so this shouldn't happen.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

B

baz77

yeah its battery, either bad one or damaged otherwise, dont know the physics or chemistry but it could have broke a ton of ways lol

but you have five months on it, so still warrantee, get a new one with that.

Formhault

Jun 10, 2011
Bucharest
yeah its battery, either bad one or damaged otherwise, dont know the physics or chemistry but it could have broke a ton of ways lol

but you have five months on it, so still warrantee, get a new one with that.

No warranty, it was sent over to me from a friend.

I'll see what to do. Edit : screw that. This makes me wanna buy a new battery instead. Meh, guess I can pay $15 for a new one.

Last edited:
I think it's a game breaking flaw right now. It's not the tip of the cursor where the S Pen will actually make contact with the screen. It's more towards the center of the mouse cursor itself...

Just as easy, the mouse cursor icon could be replaced with a giraffe icon. It's still going to be the center of the giraffe where the S Pen will actually touch the screen :rolleyes: .

First of all I don't actually use the cursor because it gets in the way. Second of all the area where the spen touches the screen aligns more or less perfectly with the tip of the pen itself for my left hand as long as I change the appropriate setting in the epen_hand file. I would just like to see an UI extension for that particular setting so I wouldn't have to use root explorer to modify it every time I reboot my phone.

Minor gripe, I know, but a gripe nonetheless.

Reactions: Formhault

AE

Mar 26, 2003
Moscow, Russia
aeinc.ru
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

You do NOT want to store them at full charge. You will lose 20% of your capacity per year instead of 4%.

Also, storing them in a cold environment (such as freezer) improves longevity significantly.

No obvious battery problems here.

Ok. May be here is a difference in terms.
A freezer is a device similar to a refrigerator that maintains a temperature below the freezing point of water. - is this correct? The temperature inside freezer section of refrigerator in my kitchen is -18C by default while main refrigerator section maintains +1..8C. You definitely may not classify -18C as "normal store temperature" for Li-Ion batteries. Even in Battery University you may find this: "Avoid freezing. Batteries freeze more easily if in discharged state".

And - yes, I've found 0315 and battery behavior is exactly the same as in recent builds.
So my guess was wrong - screen flickering and battery degrade in my case not connected with ROM and caused by hardware :( (crying).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Text of original post shamelessly kanged from codeworkx and edited to be appropriate for N7000. Some links may still go to I9100 stuff. If you can't figure out replacements on your own for links that go the wrong place, you shouldn't be here.

DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE FIRST FOUR POSTS OF THIS THREAD IN THEIR ENTIRETY.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

- There are bugs and we know them all. Don't try to report bugs or complain about. We'll blacklist you.
    - No, we don't accept feature request. We've enough work to do with fixing bugs.
    - Don't ask for changelogs!
    - Never ask for new builds!
    - Use it or leave it!
    - Don't create a ROM based upon this! Creating a ROM on a buggy and unstable base is a stupid idea!
    - kkthxbye

- UI: Apps like NHK are broken
    - Audio: bugs, missing features
    - Camera: Recording partially broken
    - FM Radio: unsupported
    - TV Out: unsupported, not likely to ever work (there is small hope now but not much)
    - Lots of missing and yet unimplemented features
    - and a lot more

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're NOT RUNNING A KERNEL WITH THE MMC-SUPERBRICK-BUG. If you're unsure, flash this ClockworkMod-Recovery using Odin/Heimdall.
    - Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from internal SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from internal SDCard
    - Reboot

CM10.1 unofficial builds:

20121212: http://d-h.st/u13

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant without respect!

hePRLl.png
    ViHvOl.png

qdBPyl.png
    QuLybl.png

Screenshots kanged straight from codeworkx. Seriously, it's CM, the screenshots will look almost identical on all phones

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    Things definitely broken

In addition to the stuff in OP from codeworkx:
    Wifi tethering doesn't work - Bluetooth tethering does
    HWComposer barely works - passes vsync and not much else. Run NHK World Live TV app and you'll see why it's broken
    Lots of core non-device specific CM features are not yet reimplemented. This includes stylus gesture support, palm rejection, and control of stylus hover icon.
    Camera doesn't appear on lockscreen - and it will not appear at all with many gapps packages
    Audio HAL isn't fully reimplemented - no dock audio, etc.
    Bluetooth SCO (calls) is busted and bluedroid spits out all sorts of bluetooth sleep control errors. We probably need to rework power management from the current mechanisms.
    Switchover should happen before tomorrow's nightlies, so tomorrow's nightly SHOULD be CM10.1 for N7000.
    Misc other stuff

The holidays are coming up here in the USA. I have family visiting this weekend, and will be visiting my parents for a week the following week. I have a lot of preparation to do and my laptop can't build CM, so don't expect much to happen until the new year.
    I'm french and on the same carrier. This popup is due to an update of a specific application of "free mobile". The application is "messagerie visuelle" (specific access to answer machine).
    They've add an auto-configuration of this wifi network.
    This popup is launch by the application after the first reboot after the update and has nothing to do with CM.

And the configuration of this EAP-SIM wifi network don't work because EAP-SIM authentification is not include in CM10 as it was in CM9...

But pesonally I don't care lol

I prefer devs to focus on the next magical kernel with super mali drivers :)
    (thanks by the way)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
    Thanks for the detail. I'm starting to poke at mali. I attempted to get the latest N7105 blobs running on my N8013, end result was sprinklies. I ****ing hate sprinklies, I have yet to figure out why some blobs cause them and some don't.

Once I can get something that works on n8013 I'll backport to n7000.

I'm basically 95% done polishing CM10.0 to perfection on Xperia T (only things remaining are getting someone to merge a few outstanding patches, and fixing scaling of anamorphic videos on HDMI), once I finish that I'll poke at N7000 for a bit.