[Q] CloudyG3 first boot taking over an hour?

Search This thread

_tyler_

Dec 27, 2013
I clean flashed it and in TWRP it said done and I clicked reboot and it was rebooting for at least 20 minutes...not a bootloop...just the boot animation playing over and over and over. I tried force rebooting and my SIM wouldn't be detected so I reflashed it (again, clean flash) it and now I'm waiting on the boot screen for an hour+...I know first boots usually take longer because it has to setup the OS...but an hour..? Did I do something wrong? Anyone know why this might be happening?

EDIT: I got into the ROM. No cell signal though. Anyone possibly know why?

Last edited:

Esteway.619

Dec 30, 2010
san diego
Might have a bad download. I know u did a back up of your previous ROM? U should re download the ROM again make sure u select the correct variant and see what happens then.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

_tyler_

Dec 27, 2013
Might have a bad download. I know u did a back up of your previous ROM? U should re download the ROM again make sure u select the correct variant and see what happens then.

The download was fine because the MD5 matched what he said it should be. I selected the correct variant all 3 times I tried installing it.

Esteway.619

Dec 30, 2010
san diego
The download was fine because the MD5 matched what he said it should be. I selected the correct variant all 3 times I tried installing it.

Hmmm strange cuz it worked fine for me. I would say download the ROM again and try again.

Last edited by a moderator:

_tyler_

Dec 27, 2013
Hmmm strange cuz it worked fine for me. I would say download the ROM again and try again.

I tried this a few times already :/ I tried redownloading the 12B baseband, flashing CM11, everything worked fine. ReDLed the KK baseband and ROM, no cell signal (SIM not even recognized). I think I'll wait it out till CloudyG3 1.1 :(

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Well since this thread is here, I want to ask some questions about CloudyG3's rom on the Verizon variant. Basically how it is? I really like the stock experience of the G2.

I've used the Flex port with good success before but there were several issues that I came back to stock. I know the stock SMS app refuses to work, which kinda sucks. I really like the popup SMS/MMS feature.

I'm just looking into whether it is worth it before I take the plunge. What are the steps to making CloudyG3 work the best?

1: What SMS is a good replacement that is similar to stock?
2: How to get the radio working?
3: Knock Code won't work, correct?
4: What issues/bugs to expect?
5: ????