[GUIDE] How to Set up & use SVN - For Liberty Sense 6 ROM - EASY GUIDE

Search This thread

dd98

May 19, 2013
Here is a guide on how to set up SVN on your Windows Computer so you can use it with ROMs like Liberty Sense 6. You must also have 7-zip installed.

How to set up SVN for the first time

1. First download Tortoise SVN from here and install it.
  2. Once it is installed, open a folder inside your user's folder. This is where you will create another folder later
  3. Now right-click in empty space, select Tortoise SVN and select Settings
    Picture Help:
    2epk4lu.png
  4. Once in Settings, click General and click Edit beside Subversion Configuration file
    Picture Help:
    2iixxn5.png
  5. A text file will open up. Press CTRL+F and type in (without quotes) "global-ignores".
    The line your looking for will be like: # global-ignores = *.o *.lo *.la *.al .libs *.so *.so.[0-9]* *.a *.pyc *.pyo __pycache__
    Picture Help:
    2rrvyfm.png

Now no must delete the "*.so" part only, NOT the "*.so.[0-9]*" part.
    Picture Help:
    2l91tkx.png

Once it is deleted it should look like the picture below
    Picture Help:
    6qwc4l.png

Use the picture just before this one to compare and see if you went wrong
  6. Now save the file by clicking File, then Save and close the Notepad (You won't need a picture to help you out there :p)
  7. You can now close the Tortoise SVN Settings window
  8. Now create a new folder anywhere inside your user's folder or on external storage
    (You can call it whatever you want, I named mine Liberty-SixthSense)
  9. Now go inside that folder, right-click in any empty space and select SVN Checkout
    Picture Help:
    24ez8n6.png
  10. In the Checkout window type or copy in for the URL of Repository (without quotes) "http://sense-6-for-one-s.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/"
    Picture Help:
    15he7hg.png

The Checkout Directory will be the folder where you opened up the SVN Checkout window
  11. Then press OK and it will start downloading the files (this will take some time)
    Picture Help:
    9blmxk.png
  12. When its finished you should see something these files and folders in the picture below
    Picture Help:
    6ylgmd.png

I didn't download all the files because it took too long, but you will have the following files & folders
    META-INF, additions, boot.img, data, system
  13. Now you must make another folder in the same directory as the one used to download the files. This will be our "output" folder.
    (Call it what you want)
    Picture Help:
    2mw5ij8.png
  14. Now go back to the folder we created first, right-click in empty space, select Tortoise SVN and then select Export
    Picture Help:
    df91xh.png
  15. In the window that pops up navigate to your "output" folder, click on it once and click Select Folder
    Picture Help:
    23l0dgl.png
  16. Once its finished copying the files to your "output" folder, go to it and highlight all the files (Either by clicking and holding and drag to highlight all files or CTRL + Click on each file)then right-clicking in empty space, then select 7-zip and select Add to Archive
    Picture Help:
    2mgp79v.png
  17. In the 7-zip window, you must select the archive format as "zip". You can change the name as long it has the .zip at the end. Then press OK to start zipping
    Picture Help:
    2uei90h.png
  18. That's it :D, now place the .zip file you just created on your SD Card and flash away!!! Remember, you need HBOOT 2.16 installed. If you don't know how to do that, then follow my other guide here

How to receive and flash new updates

1. First you have to go to the location of your "output" folder, open it, select all files, right click on them and delete them.
    Picture Help:
    2u77hgp.png
  2. Now go back to the location of your "output" folder and right click on the other folder and select SVN Update, it should have a green tick on it now
    Picture Help:
    34golfm.png
  3. It will begin to pull any new or changed files which won't take long. Then once its finished pulling the files open the folder with the green tick, right-click in empty space, select Tortoise SVN and then select Export
    Picture Help:
    df91xh.png
  4. In the window that pops up navigate to your "output" folder, click on it once and click Select Folder
    Picture Help:
    23l0dgl.png
  5. Once its finished copying the files to your "output" folder, go to it and highlight all the files (Either by clicking and holding and drag to highlight all files or CTRL + Click on each file)then right-clicking in empty space, then select 7-zip and select Add to Archive
    Picture Help:
    2mgp79v.png
  6. In the 7-zip window, you must select the archive format as "zip". You can change the name as long it has the .zip at the end. Then press OK to start zipping
    Picture Help:
    2uei90h.png
  7. And that is it, just copy it to your SD Card and flash it. Make sure to select Update Only in the Aroma Installer

Enjoy!!!

Last edited:

81grzes

Mar 1, 2011
Ok, it works.
but I have one question:
after the update, we need to export and ZIP a whole rom, not only update files ?

81grzes

Mar 1, 2011
YES
and after that I have a new .zip file ~ 1,2GB...
I was thinking that is possible to make a small .zip file only with updates
But now I understend everything.

skyliner129

Jan 24, 2013
Lagos
when downloading the folders, can it be paused and is it resumeable . or what happens if network fails ?

skyliner129

Jan 24, 2013
Lagos
i get the following error code and i followed the instruction

Command: Checkout from http://sense- 6-for-one-s.googlecode.com/svn/trunk, revision HEAD, Fully recursive, Externals included
Error: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
Error: 'http://sense-%206-for-one-s.googlecode.com/svn/trunk'
Error: No such host is known.
Completed!:

Last edited:

dd98

May 19, 2013
i get the following error code and i followed the instruction

Command: Checkout from http://sense- 6-for-one-s.googlecode.com/svn/trunk, revision HEAD, Fully recursive, Externals included
Error: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
Error: 'http://sense-%206-for-one-s.googlecode.com/svn/trunk'
Error: No such host is known.
Completed!:

what country are you in because i've heard of some people not being able to access google code due to their location

skyliner129

Jan 24, 2013
Lagos
what country are you in because i've heard of some people not being able to access google code due to their location

Nigeria, defeated by France in the world cup competition. And is there any solution to this cos I would really like to use svn to download and update sixth sense

Last edited:

dd98

May 19, 2013
Nigeria, defeated by France in the world cup competition. And is there any solution to this cos I would really like to use svn to download and update sixth sense

You could try installing hotspot shield maybe that could help and dont worry about the nigeria team they were unlucky against argentina and france

skyliner129

Jan 24, 2013
Lagos
You could try installing hotspot shield maybe that could help and dont worry about the nigeria team they were unlucky against argentina and france

thanks for your reply. I'll try out the hotspot shield. I see your a football fanatic as well. thought guys like you only have fun with tech stuffs.thanks again for your reply

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a guide on how to set up SVN on your Windows Computer so you can use it with ROMs like Liberty Sense 6. You must also have 7-zip installed.

How to set up SVN for the first time

1. First download Tortoise SVN from here and install it.
    2. Once it is installed, open a folder inside your user's folder. This is where you will create another folder later
    3. Now right-click in empty space, select Tortoise SVN and select Settings
      Picture Help:
      2epk4lu.png
    4. Once in Settings, click General and click Edit beside Subversion Configuration file
      Picture Help:
      2iixxn5.png
    5. A text file will open up. Press CTRL+F and type in (without quotes) "global-ignores".
      The line your looking for will be like: # global-ignores = *.o *.lo *.la *.al .libs *.so *.so.[0-9]* *.a *.pyc *.pyo __pycache__
      Picture Help:
      2rrvyfm.png

Now no must delete the "*.so" part only, NOT the "*.so.[0-9]*" part.
      Picture Help:
      2l91tkx.png

Once it is deleted it should look like the picture below
      Picture Help:
      6qwc4l.png

Use the picture just before this one to compare and see if you went wrong
    6. Now save the file by clicking File, then Save and close the Notepad (You won't need a picture to help you out there :p)
    7. You can now close the Tortoise SVN Settings window
    8. Now create a new folder anywhere inside your user's folder or on external storage
      (You can call it whatever you want, I named mine Liberty-SixthSense)
    9. Now go inside that folder, right-click in any empty space and select SVN Checkout
      Picture Help:
      24ez8n6.png
    10. In the Checkout window type or copy in for the URL of Repository (without quotes) "http://sense-6-for-one-s.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/"
      Picture Help:
      15he7hg.png

The Checkout Directory will be the folder where you opened up the SVN Checkout window
    11. Then press OK and it will start downloading the files (this will take some time)
      Picture Help:
      9blmxk.png
    12. When its finished you should see something these files and folders in the picture below
      Picture Help:
      6ylgmd.png

I didn't download all the files because it took too long, but you will have the following files & folders
      META-INF, additions, boot.img, data, system
    13. Now you must make another folder in the same directory as the one used to download the files. This will be our "output" folder.
      (Call it what you want)
      Picture Help:
      2mw5ij8.png
    14. Now go back to the folder we created first, right-click in empty space, select Tortoise SVN and then select Export
      Picture Help:
      df91xh.png
    15. In the window that pops up navigate to your "output" folder, click on it once and click Select Folder
      Picture Help:
      23l0dgl.png
    16. Once its finished copying the files to your "output" folder, go to it and highlight all the files (Either by clicking and holding and drag to highlight all files or CTRL + Click on each file)then right-clicking in empty space, then select 7-zip and select Add to Archive
      Picture Help:
      2mgp79v.png
    17. In the 7-zip window, you must select the archive format as "zip". You can change the name as long it has the .zip at the end. Then press OK to start zipping
      Picture Help:
      2uei90h.png
    18. That's it :D, now place the .zip file you just created on your SD Card and flash away!!! Remember, you need HBOOT 2.16 installed. If you don't know how to do that, then follow my other guide here

How to receive and flash new updates

1. First you have to go to the location of your "output" folder, open it, select all files, right click on them and delete them.
      Picture Help:
      2u77hgp.png
    2. Now go back to the location of your "output" folder and right click on the other folder and select SVN Update, it should have a green tick on it now
      Picture Help:
      34golfm.png
    3. It will begin to pull any new or changed files which won't take long. Then once its finished pulling the files open the folder with the green tick, right-click in empty space, select Tortoise SVN and then select Export
      Picture Help:
      df91xh.png
    4. In the window that pops up navigate to your "output" folder, click on it once and click Select Folder
      Picture Help:
      23l0dgl.png
    5. Once its finished copying the files to your "output" folder, go to it and highlight all the files (Either by clicking and holding and drag to highlight all files or CTRL + Click on each file)then right-clicking in empty space, then select 7-zip and select Add to Archive
      Picture Help:
      2mgp79v.png
    6. In the 7-zip window, you must select the archive format as "zip". You can change the name as long it has the .zip at the end. Then press OK to start zipping
      Picture Help:
      2uei90h.png
    7. And that is it, just copy it to your SD Card and flash it. Make sure to select Update Only in the Aroma Installer

Enjoy!!!
    Can I put it somewhere else than my Users Folder? On an externel Disk?
    Can I put it somewhere else than my Users Folder? On an externel Disk?

yes you can, anywhere really in your user folder or on an external drive, just not directly on C:\
    Here is a guide on how to set up SVN on your Windows Computer so you can use it with ROMs like Liberty Sense 6.

Great guide, worked perfectly. Thank you.
    can i use winrar instead of zip ?

yes as long as the archive format is zip, and dont touch anything else, you can rename it though