Winmo Battery Tests

Search This thread

rpawly

Jan 23, 2008
I am currently testing the battery run times on the Winmo side of the device:
I have disabled the Wifi antenna and shut vista down and screen is set to max bright.

1. SlingPlayer Mobile 4 hours (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins)
2. Web Browsing via IExplorer 6.1 5 hours 10 mins Full Screen (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins) (meta reload of 10 seconds on www.velocityatt.com)
3. POutlook & Today Screen 1 - 2 Days 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins (3g)
4. MP3 Playback 11 hours 30 mins TCMP constant loop 1 mp3 5Mb (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins)(Screen switched to vista processor which was shutdown, audio still came through headphones, so no lcd lit up)
5. Movie Playing 6 hours 5 mins TCMP constant loop 1 avi playing full screen 1Mb (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins)

If anyone can think of anything else thats relevant or they would like tested please let me know.

Attachments

• 6.1browser.zip
    570.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

koala996

Sep 18, 2007
Bruxelles-Brussels
I am currently testing the battery run times on the Winmo side of the device:
I have disabled the Wifi antenna and shut vista down and screen is set to max bright.

1. SlingPlayer Mobile 4 hours (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins)
2. Web Browsing via IExplorer 6.1 5 hours 10 mins Full Screen (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins) (meta reload of 10 seconds on www.velocityatt.com)
3. POutlook & Today Screen A LONG TIME 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins (3g)
4. MP3 Playback 11 hours 30 mins TCMP constant loop 1 mp3 5Mb (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins)(Screen switched to vista processor which was shutdown, audio still came through headphones, so no lcd lit up)
5. Movie Playing 6 hours 5 mins TCMP constant loop 1 avi playing full screen 1Mb (3g) (POutlook: 4 IMAP accounts Check Frequency 2 Mins)

If anyone can think of anything else thats relevant or they would like tested please let me know.

thank you ! .. but I'd like to know if it is possible to use it a complete week (without using too much the WinMobile part...) because the touch is only 2 days ... using it a little.. and I'd like the shift to be about 7 days.

rpawly

Jan 23, 2008
thank you ! .. but I'd like to know if it is possible to use it a complete week (without using too much the WinMobile part...) because the touch is only 2 days ... using it a little.. and I'd like the shift to be about 7 days.

HTC states that a unaltered SnapVue only doing exchange email updates will last you 2 days max.

Good luck on the 7 days, that would be awesome. The 3g radio just eats power.

rpawly

Jan 23, 2008
you could set it to check email manually and i guess you could turn off the radio as well, it would give you longer. I cant not use my device for days to test that functionality, mmmmmm, when would you be away from a power source for a week anyway?

taking it on safari? (even safaris now a days are based out of lodges) mmmm

so ya it would last longer without the radio on and no push/pull email enabled.

rpawly

Jan 23, 2008
can a moderator sticky this so that the battery information is always available :)

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
you could set it to check email manually and i guess you could turn off the radio as well, it would give you longer. I cant not use my device for days to test that functionality, mmmmmm, when would you be away from a power source for a week anyway?

You can install bandswitch on your shift and use 2G with direct push. It doesnt drain your battery. Then switch to 3g when you need speed....

koala996

Sep 18, 2007
Bruxelles-Brussels

if i do not have a phone on the shift (bcuz of no voice) i won t use a sim card .. at the beginning, so i won't use 3G until we got voice capability and real phone. i don't want to have 2 sim cards