[ROM]RUBY_ICS_35_S_TMOUS_2.14.531.1_Radio_1.14.550L.17D C_30.78.550L.15_release

Search This thread

riprowan

Sep 1, 2010
Dallas / Lucca
riprowan.com
Good so far

Installed on unrooted stock T-Mo phone with stock ROM. Installation was painless. ICS working great so far and looks awesome! For my money, just getting the new Gmail is worth the upgrade. Will post later if I find issues.

** THANK YOU ***

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
okay so for anyone who hasn't followed along:

1) be locked with s-off using juopunutbear's s-off method.
2) flash the eng hboot 1.90.2005
3) with s-off and the eng hboot, rename the ruu to ph85img.zip and put on root of external sd card
4) boot into bootloader and apply the update
5) once updated, reflash the eng hboot again
6) flash the cwm 5.5.0.4 recovery in fastboot (fastboot flash recovery *****.img)
7) flash the superuser package in recovery to gain root
how do i flahs the eng hboot? I tried it hboot and it wont do it, tried it with recovery and it adborte it do i need to rename the file

somebody needs to make a new thread with steps by steps like you did
now i am s-off but how do i know if im still htc unlock if the top of fastboot says juopunutbear

Reactions: alx294

jbm0329

Jun 13, 2007
Installed on unrooted stock T-Mo phone with stock ROM. Installation was painless. ICS working great so far and looks awesome! For my money, just getting the new Gmail is worth the upgrade. Will post later if I find issues.

** THANK YOU ***
Hey there, would you see if you are having any issues with Google Play? It seems like the one that came with ICS is 3.47 and the latest one is 3.5.16. That may be the problem. Keep getting "package file is invalid." I found the Google Play APK, but I don't know how to install it without a file manager. I can put the APK on my SD card, but then what?

superevilllama

Jun 14, 2007
how do i flahs the eng hboot? I tried it hboot and it wont do it, tried it with recovery and it adborte it do i need to rename the file

somebody needs to make a new thread with steps by steps like you did
now i am s-off but how do i know if im still htc unlock if the top of fastboot says juopunutbear

As long as you have a ENG bootloader or Juopunutbear bootloader you do not need to be htc unlocked. You have full security unlock since you are s-off. Flash away!

Also, to flash the hboot do the following:

2) flash the eng hboot 1.90.2005 (rename to PH85IMG.zip and flash in bootloader)

Last edited:

Bdix

Dec 30, 2010
Will I need my laptop to do this, or can I do it all from my phone?

I'm completely stock.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

mcv50

Apr 17, 2010
I just wanted to say that I flashed the ICS build from the link above, I unlocked my boot loader (again), I loaded su, superuser and busybox all on my TMobile Amaze 4G. I have to say playing around with it for a couple of hours and I have to say that I am 110% impressed. My phone has all of the apps loaded from the play store and aptoide, but still the OS runs so fluid like. I will chime back in tomorrow letting you know of any faults I find. But my recommendation is to do it. WiFi works, calls work and sound well, internet seems quicker (I am using chrome beta), overall I am very satisfied.

william tanaya

Jul 14, 2010
auburn, wa
HTC Dragon
HTC Amaze 4G
So, CMIIW but i saw some post that says you don't have to be s-off if you got your amaze from t-mobile. is that true?
because my phone is Amaze4g from t-mobile, rooted, but s-on.
and just to make sure, if i flashed this update, will i lose my root?

superevilllama

Jun 14, 2007
So, CMIIW but i saw some post that says you don't have to be s-off if you got your amaze from t-mobile. is that true?
because my phone is Amaze4g from t-mobile, rooted, but s-on.
and just to make sure, if i flashed this update, will i lose my root?

S off is only required if you want to keep s off after updating. You can flash with S on but may lose the ability to achieve s off in the future after updating (this is different from root, you can still be s on, ics and rooted by using the htc dev unlock tool). Until someone can prove otherwise this is the case.

If you do not care about s off, flash away, if you do, then s off first, load eng bootloader and then flash.

Reactions: dasudevil

william tanaya

Jul 14, 2010
auburn, wa
HTC Dragon
HTC Amaze 4G
S off is only required if you want to keep s off after updating. You can flash with S on but may lose the ability to achieve s off in the future after updating (this is different from root, you can still be s on, ics and rooted by using the htc dev unlock tool). Until someone can prove otherwise this is the case.

If you do not care about s off, flash away, if you do, then s off first, load eng bootloader and then flash.

Okay. that clear things up.
And, I'm just wondering, what really the advantages of s-off, beside to superCID it?

jbm0329

Jun 13, 2007

Hey buddy, any ideas on why I would be getting "Package File is Invalid?" I have S-On and it's locked (T-Mobile). I was under the impression that I could just flash it by putting it on my memory card. That's the only problem that I've found to this point. Help...

thanks

william tanaya

Jul 14, 2010
auburn, wa
HTC Dragon
HTC Amaze 4G
Hey buddy, any ideas on why I would be getting "Package File is Invalid?" I have S-On and it's locked (T-Mobile). I was under the impression that I could just flash it by putting it on my memory card. That's the only problem that I've found to this point. Help...

thanks

well. so far, i tried to flash it too. from what i saw on the earlier posts, rename it to PH85IMG.zip, put it to root, and then reboot to bootloader. but that's as far as i go. it's says no image, no image or wrong image, and it's loading forever. maybe i'll try to redownload it.

You quoted the actual steps and then made your own steps. Follow the ACTUAL steps and it will work. If you are s-off follow the provided instructions, if you are S-on, and have no desire to be s-off in the future, then yes, you will need to go back to stock rom and recovery and flash like normal.

edit: i'm so stupid. I have to go back to stock rom. i'm currently using NRG.

Last edited:

Bdix

Dec 30, 2010
Ok so I got the zip, renamed it to PH85IMG.zip
I put it in ext_sd.
I do not have a sd card!!!!
I also tried it on /mnt/sdcard

Not at the same time!!!!

I got into hboot, and clicked on recovery.

It went to a black screen with a phone with green arrows that made a circle . It satvlike that for 30sec then went to a red triangle with !

I had to pull the battery and everything was fine.

What am I doing wrong???????

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335293502229.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335293502229.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 118
  • uploadfromtaptalk1335293753652.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335293753652.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 117

Perry977

Jun 19, 2010
Oklahoma City
Ok so I got the zip, renamed it to PH85IMG.zip
I put it in ext_sd.
I do not have a sd card!!!!
I also tried it on /mnt/sdcard

Not at the same time!!!!

I got into hboot, and clicked on recovery.

It went to a black screen with a phone with green arrows that made a circle . It satvlike that for 30sec then went to a red triangle with !

I had to pull the battery and everything was fine.

What am I doing wrong???????

you dont need to go into recovery! just place the PH8IMG.zip in the root of your sd card, restart with Volume down + Power button, and it does the rest.. just make sure you relock your bootloader before you start this...once it finds the PH8IMG just updates everything, it might also reboot the bootloader once, just have to be patience and everything is simple!!

Reactions: Karmavore

william tanaya

Jul 14, 2010
auburn, wa
HTC Dragon
HTC Amaze 4G
you dont need to go into recovery! just place the PH8IMG.zip in the root of your sd card, restart with Volume down + Power button, and it does the rest.. just make sure you relock your bootloader before you start this...once it finds the PH8IMG just updates everything, it might also reboot the bootloader once, just have to be patience and everything is simple!!

how do you relock bootloader, and which stock rom did you use?

Bdix

Dec 30, 2010

I'm completely stock.

How does it look for it? I go into hboot and nothing happens. It just sits there like normal. Should I give it a few min, or something?

Top Liked Posts