[GUIDE] AOSP MMS CM10.1 on JB Touchwiz (Emoji, Quick Reply, 100% Working MMS)

Search This thread

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
This mod brings you CM10.1 mms on the JB touchwiz ROMS as mentioned in title with POP UP feature and more than 400 emjoi! Tested on DLL7..

Files modified

1. MMS.apk from AOSP ROM
2. TelephoneProvider.apk
3. framework2.jar

Instructions to flash!

1, Make sure you take a backup of SMS & MMS as this mod will delete the database! You are warned!
2. Delete the Secmms.apk from system/app
3. Use root explorer and navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete the mmssms.db file
4. Push the mms.apk to system/app and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
5. Push the Sectelephonyprovider.apk to system/app and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
6. Push framework2.jar to system/framework and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
7. Reboot the phone
8. Restore all your SMS

Flashable Zip!

BACKUP SMS & MMS - Flashing this mod will delete all sms and mms! - Download Link

How to revert back to stock sms

1. Backup SMS & MMS
2. Delete mms.apk from system/app
3. Copy the secmms.apk & sectelephonyprovider.apk to system/app
4. Copy & Replace framework2.jar in system/framework
5. Navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete mmssms.db
6. Reboot the phone
7. Restore all your SMS & MMS! Profit!

Screenshots!

H989j.png
mHhvK.png

Credits
------------

Thanks to loserskater

Last edited:

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
HOW TO MAKE THE MOD

Take the following files from your ROM

PHP:
system/app/SecTelephonyProvider.apk
/system/framework/framework2.jar (make sure it's framework2.jar)

• Decompile both the files!

1. Now navigate to /smali/com/google/android in fraemwork2.jar and delete the entire mms folder

2. Extract the copy of mms from here and copy the folder to /smali/com/google/android in framework2.jar

3. Now navigate to \sectelephonyprovider\smali\com\android\providers\telephony and replace the following files with the zip attached

PHP:
MmsProvider.smali
MmsSmsDatabaseHelper$LowStorageMonitor.smali
MmsSmsDatabaseHelper.smali
MmsSmsProvider.smali
SmsProvider.smali

4. Recompile framework2.jar and SecTelephonyProvider.apk

5. copy the mms.apk , SecTelephonyProvider.apk in system/app and change the permissions to rw--r--

6. copy the framework2.jar in system/framework and change the permissions to rw--r--

Note
-----------

on your device navigate to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete following files if you have in order to MMS work

This will delete the entire SMS & MMS, so take a backup before you delete

PHP:
mmssms.db
mmssms.db-shm
mmssms.db-wal

Last edited:

MrDeacon

Oct 11, 2010
Enviken
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Excellent work!

Just one small thing; Notification during call doesn't seem to work. However, my gf, who is also running AOSP MMS on her S2 has the same problem. So it's probably not this specific mod that causes the problem.

200mpx

Sep 23, 2005
Moscow
This mod brings you CM10.1 mms on the JB touchwiz ROMS as mentioned in title with POP UP feature and more than 400 emjoi! Tested on DLL7..

Files modified

1. MMS.apk from AOSP ROM
2. TelephoneProvider.apk
3. framework2.jar

Instructions to flash!

1, Make sure you take a backup of SMS & MMS as this mod will delete the database! You are warned!
3. Use root explorer and navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete the mmssms.db file
5. Push the Sectelephonyprovider.apk to system/app and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
6. Push framework2.jar to system/framework and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
7. Reboot the phone
8. Restore all your SMS

Flashable Zip!

BACKUP SMS & MMS - Flashing this mod will delete all sms and mms! - Download Link

1. Backup SMS & MMS
5. Navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete mmssms.db
6. Reboot the phone

Have made the same but in a little bit simplier way: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36780090&postcount=6805

Why you change anything except SecMms.apk? Is there something not working without modified sectelephonyprovider.apk and framework2.jar? I'm just wondering because I havent found anything but perhaps I'm not using all possibilities of sms/mms

Just found that my option gives FC when trying send MMS :( Will try your method later today!

Last edited:

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
Have made the same but in a little bit simplier way: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36780090&postcount=6805

Why you change anything except SecMms.apk? Is there something not working without modified sectelephonyprovider.apk and framework2.jar? I'm just wondering because I havent found anything but perhaps I'm not using all possibilities of sms/mms

Just found that my option gives FC when trying send MMS :( Will try your method later today!

in order to make MMS work, you need to infuse the code of CM10.1 or else, whenever you try to send MMS, the app will look for code in sectelephony and also framework2.jar which is not available (i mean it will have a code of sammy instead of CM10). Hence i need to follow the above said procedure!

Snott

Nov 10, 2011
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
in order to make MMS work, you need to infuse the code of CM10.1 or else, whenever you try to send MMS, the app will look for code in sectelephony and also framework2.jar which is not available (i mean it will have a code of sammy instead of CM10). Hence i need to follow the above said procedure!

I don't know if I understood well but I tried to put the inverted mms apk inverted from 200mpx with the instructions of this thread (aka putting the sectelephony and framework.jar) and mms still didn't work, any idea ? Maybe you will be able to make the inverted apk compatible with your topic ? Thank you for your work !

200mpx

Sep 23, 2005
Moscow
I don't know if I understood well but I tried to put the inverted mms apk inverted from 200mpx with the instructions of this thread (aka putting the sectelephony and framework.jar) and mms still didn't work, any idea ? Maybe you will be able to make the inverted apk compatible with your topic ? Thank you for your work !

+1

Will highly appreciate if you can modify the inverted apk from my post - it is modded to have themes settings etc

DubelBoom

Jan 10, 2011
Thanks!
Are you planning to port more AOSP apps to TW?
Maybe someday we will have a rom with Samsung features and stability, and AOSP look (as Chamelon for the SGS2. Or MIUI for our Note 2) :D

imilleson

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
www.sakalmedia.com
sorry it wont work...the files uswd in this mod belongs to note2 with latest build...but you can follow the guide to make it work for s3.

Makes sense. I really want this so I am starting to follow your instructions to build it for my GS3. The only problem is one of the resources in the OP says is no longer available for violation of terms of services "2. Extract the copy of mms from here and copy the folder to /smali/com/google/android in framework2.jar" Can I get a copy of that so I can compile this ? BTW thank you for such a detailed instruction

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
Makes sense. I really want this so I am starting to follow your instructions to build it for my GS3. The only problem is one of the resources in the OP says is no longer available for violation of terms of services "2. Extract the copy of mms from here and copy the folder to /smali/com/google/android in framework2.jar" Can I get a copy of that so I can compile this ? BTW thank you for such a detailed instruction

i could able to download...anyway .. attached the zip...if you need any assistance, you can share the files as well...

View attachment mms.zip

Reactions: imilleson

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh

in order to make a inverted mms, you need to do the themeing, changing colors and also changing the hex codes in styles.xml...it is nothing to do with the smali files..

Reactions: prasadnaidu66

200mpx

Sep 23, 2005
Moscow
in order to make a inverted mms, you need to do the themeing, changing colors and also changing the hex codes in styles.xml...it is nothing to do with the smali files..

I think you did not understand what we are asking - could you please modify this mms apk (see attached) to use it instead of your stock CM apk in your method of secmms replacement? It is already modded to be inverted (black theme) and have themes settings.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• MmsCM10_Black.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 27
Reactions: Snott

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Files modified

1. MMS.apk from AOSP ROM
    2. TelephoneProvider.apk
    3. framework2.jar

Instructions to flash!

7. Reboot the phone
    8. Restore all your SMS

Flashable Zip!

1. Backup SMS & MMS
    6. Reboot the phone

Screenshots!

H989j.png
    mHhvK.png

Credits
    ------------

Thanks to loserskater
    HOW TO MAKE THE MOD

Take the following files from your ROM

PHP:
    system/app/SecTelephonyProvider.apk
    /system/framework/framework2.jar (make sure it's framework2.jar)

• Decompile both the files!

1. Now navigate to /smali/com/google/android in fraemwork2.jar and delete the entire mms folder

2. Extract the copy of mms from here and copy the folder to /smali/com/google/android in framework2.jar

3. Now navigate to \sectelephonyprovider\smali\com\android\providers\telephony and replace the following files with the zip attached

PHP:
    MmsProvider.smali
    MmsSmsDatabaseHelper$LowStorageMonitor.smali
    MmsSmsDatabaseHelper.smali
    MmsSmsProvider.smali
    SmsProvider.smali

4. Recompile framework2.jar and SecTelephonyProvider.apk

5. copy the mms.apk , SecTelephonyProvider.apk in system/app and change the permissions to rw--r--

6. copy the framework2.jar in system/framework and change the permissions to rw--r--

Note
    -----------

on your device navigate to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete following files if you have in order to MMS work

This will delete the entire SMS & MMS, so take a backup before you delete

PHP:
    mmssms.db
    mmssms.db-shm
    mmssms.db-wal

Thanks my dear friend !!

Hugs :D
    Does this work on gs3

Edit--------------------

Installed and wouldn't boot. Reverted to backup. Oh well

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

sorry it wont work...the files uswd in this mod belongs to note2 with latest build...but you can follow the guide to make it work for s3.