[TUT] Updating system apps

Search This thread
Aug 12, 2013
This tutorial will teach you how to update system apps like Calender, keyboard, file manager etc
Things you ll need :-
  1. A rooted phone
  2. Root explorer
  3. Applications like Aptoide

Instructions
  1. Install root explorer from play store.
  2. Install aptoide from internet.
  3. Let aptoide update.
  4. After some time aptoide will show updates, update the system apps. But these apps wont install.
  5. Backup the original apk and delete it from /system/app folder (root).
  6. Now go to root explorer, copy the (SystemAppName).apk from /sdcard/.aptoide and paste it into /system/app. No need to install.
  7. Reboot the phone and Done!

You can use the same method to revert back to original app.

NOTE: SOME APPS LIKE SETTINGS CANT BE UPDATED USING THIS METHOD.

Reactions: rupeshwar

mhyr

Feb 10, 2012
Frankfurt
replacing home launcher update with this method caused me stock in boot animation , and before , replacing theme app caused disapearing notification bar, i dont think its a good way foe updating system apps , however it didnt work for me
Huawei p6 runing b709

Alberhasky

Mar 1, 2011
Jeffersonville
replacing home launcher update with this method caused me stock in boot animation , and before , replacing theme app caused disapearing notification bar, i dont think its a good way foe updating system apps , however it didnt work for me
Huawei p6 runing b709

Did you change the apk permissions after you replaced it? If not the app won't work properly

ash_azz

Nov 14, 2019
it didn't help, aptoide couldn't 'detect' system apps to update them in the first place...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tutorial will teach you how to update system apps like Calender, keyboard, file manager etc
    Things you ll need :-
    1. A rooted phone
    2. Root explorer
    3. Applications like Aptoide

Instructions
    1. Install root explorer from play store.
    2. Install aptoide from internet.
    3. Let aptoide update.
    4. After some time aptoide will show updates, update the system apps. But these apps wont install.
    5. Backup the original apk and delete it from /system/app folder (root).
    6. Now go to root explorer, copy the (SystemAppName).apk from /sdcard/.aptoide and paste it into /system/app. No need to install.
    7. Reboot the phone and Done!

You can use the same method to revert back to original app.

NOTE: SOME APPS LIKE SETTINGS CANT BE UPDATED USING THIS METHOD.