Sprint RUU (ZIP) 1.16.651.4 encrypted (s-on/s-off)

Search This thread

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
HTC preloaded some image files for the "stickers" in the duo effects camera. They are preloaded to /data/preload so you can either flash the zip at the bottom of the second post or manually copy them over to that directory. They (HTC) haven't fully implemented this yet... so you probably won't even notice them missing. The also preload calc and flashlight app this way too.

NOTE- This will work for S-on users provided their current software level is at or below this version. S-off users can user this either way.

OPTION 1)
Rename download file to 0P3PIMG.zip. Make sure you use an SD card formatted to fat32!! (otherwise the phone might not see it) Place file on physical SD card (not internal phone memory)... i repeat physical SD card. Boot up phone to bootloader mode and the phone will auto-detect the file and prompt to install it. Follow any remaining prompts to allow the RUU to flash the software to your phone.

-or-

OPTION 2)
Download file into working fastboot directory. Boot phone to fastboot mode and connect to pc. Type in the following commands.
fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip RUU_T6_Sprint_WWE_1.16.651.4.zip

first time you run this it will be short... so run it a second time

The command prompt output will show you details as it flashes each partition and will show you when it has completed. At this time the green bar on the phone will appear 99% of the way across the screen.. Completely normal!~ Issue the next command to kick it out of RUU mode or optionally flash the custom recovery TWRP if you intend to root/flash custom roms and THEN issue the below command to get out of RUU mode.

fastboot reboot
(note) if you just want to reboot back to bootloader you can issue the command fastboot reboot-bootloader This will allow you to boot directly to recovery and start flashing/rooting fun.

I don't own this model phone... so if someone would like to capture the output of the command prompt I would be happy to add it to the OP similar to how I have my VZW ruu threads.

Downloads Do NOT mirror these elsewhere.

RUU Download link

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712460121

Data preload apps/stickers

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712460132

RUU Mode TWRP 2.7.1 (must be s-off or unlocked)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712460136

Last edited:
Reactions: Jm@n and nickmus

martinoj2009

Aug 31, 2014
Getting error, too many links

I followed the directions, but when I do I get an error: FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))

output:
sending 'zip' (1271836 KB)... OKAY
writing 'zip'... INFOadopting the signature contained in this image...
INFOsignature checking...
INFOrom parsing start ...
INFOrom parsing finish ...
INFOzip header checking...
INFOzip info parsing...
INFORead zipped android_info fail
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
I followed the directions, but when I do I get an error: FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))

output:
sending 'zip' (1271836 KB)... OKAY
writing 'zip'... INFOadopting the signature contained in this image...
INFOsignature checking...
INFOrom parsing start ...
INFOrom parsing finish ...
INFOzip header checking...
INFOzip info parsing...
INFORead zipped android_info fail
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
Did your md5 check out fine?

martinoj2009

Aug 31, 2014
Not a problem. Also, under my android file host I have a mini sdk zip. You try using that on your pc too...it's a newer version of Fastboot/adb. All you have to do is unzip it and use it from wherever you unzip it to.

So I did this, no errors, but when I rebooted it went right into Cyanogenmod. Am I missing a step?

mido.fayad

May 14, 2011
alex
@dottat
I have developer edition device and have ruu for it to stock jellyben
But I found that I can't flash the ruu to go back to jellyben from sense 6 firmware and the error was the same as mentioned above in other comments .. android info fail too many links
And after a lot of trials, I found that the rug is fine not damaged so I flashed the firmware if sense 5.5 and then tried the ruu again and it works perfect

So from my point , I think that older jb ruus can't be flashed if u have sense 6 firmware
So only I need tho flash firmware zip of sense 5.5 not the whole system the try the ruu again although both sense 6 and sense 5.5 have hboot 2.49 but I think that the one that came with sense 6 have some modifications

Also I tried to flash from sd card but no go so the only solution is flashing hboot of sense 5.5

Maybe it's the same with Sprint devices but I think that it will be the same

Last edited:

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
@dottat
I have developer edition device and have ruu for it to stock jellyben
But I found that I can't flash the ruu to go back to jellyben from sense 6 firmware and the error was the same as mentioned above in other comments .. android info fail too many links
And after a lot of trials, I found that the rug is fine not damaged so I flashed the firmware if sense 5.5 and then tried the ruu again and it works perfect

So from my point , I think that older jb ruus can't be flashed if u have sense 6 firmware
So only I need tho flash firmware zip of sense 5.5 not the whole system the try the ruu again although both sense 6 and sense 5.5 have hboot 2.49 but I think that the one that came with sense 6 have some modifications

Also I tried to flash from sd card but no go so the only solution is flashing hboot of sense 5.5

Maybe it's the same with Sprint devices but I think that it will be the same
Either way....without being s off you can't downgrade firmware anyways. On my vzw rezound, m7, m8, and t6 I can simply flash ruus up or down all day long.

mido.fayad

May 14, 2011
alex
Either way....without being s off you can't downgrade firmware anyways. On my vzw rezound, m7, m8, and t6 I can simply flash ruus up or down all day long.
Yes I know that I should be s-off
And that's why I said I should downgrade first to sense 5.5 firmware then flash the ruu
And I won't be able to downgrade without s-off

So I was writing only about the error when I already have a-off because it took me 2 days till I found this fix after many trials

w1n73rf3ll

Jul 17, 2013
Espaillat
i have some troubles here

im in the HBOOT 2.49 i need to downgrade to the first HBOOT to install this RUU i need to know if make S-OFF with sunshine how to downgrade can any one. explain me how to do it ...dotatt dude u r awesome i always follow ur work and u r the best ...

please help me a little i have the knowledge to do it i just need a direction thx in advance

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
im in the HBOOT 2.49 i need to downgrade to the first HBOOT to install this RUU i need to know if make S-OFF with sunshine how to downgrade can any one. explain me how to do it ...dotatt dude u r awesome i always follow ur work and u r the best ...

please help me a little i have the knowledge to do it i just need a direction thx in advance

IF sunshine doesn't work on your current rom (have you tried running it yet).... you need to unlock your bootloader and flash a 100% stock older rom. Then use that to s-off. Then flash whatever rom you want and sim unlock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC preloaded some image files for the "stickers" in the duo effects camera. They are preloaded to /data/preload so you can either flash the zip at the bottom of the second post or manually copy them over to that directory. They (HTC) haven't fully implemented this yet... so you probably won't even notice them missing. The also preload calc and flashlight app this way too.

NOTE- This will work for S-on users provided their current software level is at or below this version. S-off users can user this either way.

OPTION 1)
    Rename download file to 0P3PIMG.zip. Make sure you use an SD card formatted to fat32!! (otherwise the phone might not see it) Place file on physical SD card (not internal phone memory)... i repeat physical SD card. Boot up phone to bootloader mode and the phone will auto-detect the file and prompt to install it. Follow any remaining prompts to allow the RUU to flash the software to your phone.

-or-

OPTION 2)
    Download file into working fastboot directory. Boot phone to fastboot mode and connect to pc. Type in the following commands.
    fastboot oem rebootRUU

first time you run this it will be short... so run it a second time

The command prompt output will show you details as it flashes each partition and will show you when it has completed. At this time the green bar on the phone will appear 99% of the way across the screen.. Completely normal!~ Issue the next command to kick it out of RUU mode or optionally flash the custom recovery TWRP if you intend to root/flash custom roms and THEN issue the below command to get out of RUU mode.

fastboot reboot
    (note) if you just want to reboot back to bootloader you can issue the command fastboot reboot-bootloader This will allow you to boot directly to recovery and start flashing/rooting fun.

I don't own this model phone... so if someone would like to capture the output of the command prompt I would be happy to add it to the OP similar to how I have my VZW ruu threads.

Downloads Do NOT mirror these elsewhere.

RUU Download link

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712460121

Data preload apps/stickers

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712460132

RUU Mode TWRP 2.7.1 (must be s-off or unlocked)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712460136