Could the HTC M7 be the next Evo??

Search This thread

swaze

Nov 11, 2009
God I hope you're right bro... The one has the s600... I don't want that

***I Just Woke Up... Tell Me Where The Drugs At***

That's why I'm not getting it. I may end up with the one, but I'm praying to the tech gods an s800 EVO variant appears. If its second hand to the one... So be it, but the s600 isn't even in the range of the s800

Yea, my plan is to wait and see whatever drops with the s800, however the more I hear and see about the One, its getting harder and harder to resist copping it on release. We'll see though.

Reactions: corcgaigh

KERKEDAGAIN

Mar 24, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I know benchmarks aren't the end all, but I saw a vid of a side by side quadrant between the Nexus 4 and the One: N4 ~4000; One 11000+. It finished the benchmark way before the N4..as for the 600 v. 800, why am I more inclined to believe Q-comms pitching this as more of a tablet SoC?

firmbiz94

Nov 29, 2010
Raleigh
things can only go so fast and from what ive seen and heard the one is blazing fast..my only dislike is the permanent blink feed but im sure the devs will take care of that immediately ...im in love with the one ..and the way i see it ,,if your always waiting for whats next , you will never get anything ..

KERKEDAGAIN

Mar 24, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 7 Pro
things can only go so fast and from what ive seen and heard the one is blazing fast..my only dislike is the permanent blink feed but im sure the devs will take care of that immediately ...im in love with the one ..and the way i see it ,,if your always waiting for whats next , you will never get anything ..

outta curiosity, what's to 'dislike' about blinkfeed? if you don't want to use it you don't have to, no?

AarSyl

That's why I'm not getting it. I may end up with the one, but I'm praying to the tech gods an s800 EVO variant appears. If its second hand to the one... So be it, but the s600 isn't even in the range of the s800

Even if we ARE supposed to get an Evo variant of the new One, I HIGHLY doubt that HTC would dare to put a totally new and better processor into it. While that might make US happy, think of those from other carriers who will he looking at their Ones, wondering why their carriers have an inferior phone.

When you think about it, if HTC releases a special "Evo" version for Sprint, it will defeat the purpose of what most HTC customers have been asking for, one phone model accross all of the carriers. Why does it seem to me like that has changed, somehow?

Also, just think about the situation retrospectively. How would YOU feel if Verizon had their special version of the One with a completely new processor. Not very happy, I'd imagine. I certainly wouldn't be, either. It might raise the sales of Sprint customers who like the Evo (which is a much smaller ratio that the OG Evo, and will be a smaller ratio than this Evo), but it will only piss off everyone else.

Do you really think that HTC wants to do that? If they do, I will be quite surprised. It will be great for us, but it doesn't prove them to be very trustworthy.

Last edited:

KaoMinerva

Sep 8, 2011
Memphis, TN
Even if we ARE supposed to get an Evo variant of the new One, I HIGHLY doubt that HTC would dare to put a totally new and better processor into it. While that might make US happy, think of those from other carriers who will he looking at their Ones, wondering why their carriers have an inferior phone.

When you think about it, if HTC releases a special "Evo" version for Sprint, it will defeat the purpose of what most HTC customers have been asking for, one phone model accross all of the carriers. Why does it seem to me like that has changed, somehow?

Also, just think about the situation retrospectively. How would YOU feel if Verizon had their special version of the One with a completely new processor. Not very happy, I'd imagine. I certainly wouldn't be, either. It might raise the sales of Sprint customers who like the Evo (which is a much smaller ratio that the OG Evo, and will be a smaller ratio than this Evo), but it will only piss off everyone else.

Do you really think that HTC wants to do that? If they do, I will be quite surprised. It will be great for us, but it doesn't prove them to be very trustworthy.

I'm just tryna see light at the end of the tunnel man... S800 must be coming soon

#WB

Jan 13, 2013
an EVO One, as much as we'd like to see it, just doesn't make sense for HTC, which has already been stated. If HTC is serious 'bout being competitive, they need to continue to market the One, just as they did during the GS4 unpacking.

also, you don't have to use blinkfeed, if you don't want to.

Reactions: KERKEDAGAIN

KaoMinerva

Sep 8, 2011
Memphis, TN
Why would they name a device One X and then go to One? That's retarded... The one should've came first and this new gorgeous beast should be the one X. Imo, one X is a brilliant name

youdug

May 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Why would they name a device One X and then go to One? That's retarded... The one should've came first and this new gorgeous beast should be the one X. Imo, one X is a brilliant name

I hate when people use X to make a product sound better/cooler. Its corny as hell to me. I hated that htc put it in the name and i pray google/motorola kill off the x and nxt names.

HTC gave Verizion the DNA that no one else got. They also released the One X+ that was exclusive to only one carrier, so why not give us a Evo with a S800. Technically it wouldn't be a One. It will be a Evo that is built upon the One. Add the S800, change the color to Evo red & black, slap a SD card slot in there, maybe a kickstand and you have a totally different phone. It will be a Sprint exclusive just like the other Evo's were, just like they did with the One X+ and AT&T and the DNA with Verizon. Just because Samsung made the GS III & IV on all carriers, they also didnt stop making other phones. Why should HTC?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

KaoMinerva

Sep 8, 2011
Memphis, TN
HTC gave Verizion the DNA that no one else got. They also released the One X+ that was exclusive to only one carrier, so why not give us a Evo with a S800. Technically it wouldn't be a One. It will be a Evo that is built upon the One. Add the S800, change the color to Evo red & black, slap a SD card slot in there, maybe a kickstand and you have a totally different phone. It will be a Sprint exclusive just like the other Evo's were, just like they did with the One X+ and AT&T and the DNA with Verizon. Just because Samsung made the GS III & IV on all carriers, they also didnt stop making other phones. Why should HTC?

So you understand my point? The one is ok, but it has s600... S800, it's the beat we need

So you understand my point? The one is ok, but it has s600... S800, it's the beat we need

We were always sorta on the same page. While the One is a great phone it just doesnt have enough for my tastes. I thought a cross between the One & the DNA wouldve been the game changer but guess HTC thought otherwise. Maybe our Evo will have a bigger screen and the S800. They could call it the Evo & still release it on all carriers like Samsung did with the Note II. If I'm at a store & I'm looking at two 5 inch plus phones from HTC & Samsung, HTC is gonna get my money 9 times out of 10. I

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    klbjr, Im going to break up your statement into sections and throw my opinion into it. Hopefully this will give some insight to others as to why HTC is doing what they are doing. Not that I know why they do it, but I try to understand them.

"I understand HTC's reason in wanting to have one device across all carriers"

Great, we have some common ground here.

"It's just that this phone isn't gonna be the one to get them back in the game."

We dont know this for sure, you are just speculating. The phone has not even released. We will find out a month or so after the phone releases. For HTC's sake I hope you are wrong.

"The game changing device would've been a cross between the DNA and this one. 5 in, 1080p, Sense 5, stereo speakers, S600, 13MP or higher camera with what ever software it is that they are hyping up for the One, wireless charging, you can make it uni body and still throw in a 3,100 mah battery, and a microSd slot on the side."

This is what you and people who understand the specs want. Sadly this makes up a very small percentage of consumers. Reason why the iPhone is popular is because apple advertises the features not the specs just like samsung does. Consumers just want their phones to look good and work. Only die hard tech geeks would know the difference in the specs and once again that is a small percentage of consumers.

"Release that on all the carriers and hype it to hell and that would've been a phone to be reckoned with."

While I agree with your statement, if the competition releases a phone with similar specs of the One and the price is similar then I believe HTC One will do just fine in the market as long as its advertised properly. Now lets say HTC did release a phone with a bigger screen, more ram, better processors, 8 cores, etc... This will set them apart from the competition, but at what cost. They would have to sell this phone slightly more expensive if not they wouldnt make much money on it. And its all about the money. Ford outsold Ferrari (units sold), why? Even though Ferrari have better engines and their built quality is beyond Ford's, Ford's vehicles are cheaper and meant for the common consumer. Same applies to the mobile industry. If you look at android sales, the majority of sales are from small companies with less expensive phones. So with this in mind HTC cant go all out on a device, at least not at this point in time. We may see what you and others are looking for later on in the year when other companies start throwing those kind of specs into a phone as well

"It has enough to pull folks who was either looking at the Note 2 or the GS4. I know if I knew that was coming out there is no way in hell I would've just bought this Note 2."

Yes the device you describes has that potential, but so does the HTC One. Again it comes down to how HTC advertises it. Another thing is, the common consumer does not look into what is going to get released a few months down the road. They look at what is available in the now.

Some of you might ask how i know what the common consumer wants. If someone like me who has never worked for a company like HTC has the means to do the research and analyze the data on previous years sales, imagine the resources a company like HTC has. I'm more than sure they have spent a good amount of money on research and analyses in order to provide the best device they can provide at this point in time to outsell the competition. The rest is up to their advertising team.

I apologize for the long post and I mean no disrespect to anyone by this. I'm just trying to shed some light as to why the HTC One is not what a lot of you expected it to be and why it is the device HTC needs right now.
    All they had to ****ing do was listen to the damn devs. All we wanted was

Removeable Battery (Optional)
    3 ****ing Buttons (Instead of 2)
    Bigger Screen (I did)
    SD SUPPORT
    Water proof/Dust Proof/Scratch Proof
    2500+ battery

God HTC... WHY!? The EVO brand does not deserve to be EOL because of this.

For all you Samsung bashers... Watch how they blow out HTC. I surmise the s4 might even have 4gb of ram lmao. Samsung has the balls to give the customers what we want...

I hope to the lord there is an evo so I won't have to leave GayTC

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2

Calm down Kao...lol

-Not gonna have removable battery so let it rest...
    -you can do everything with the 2 buttons you can with the 3 so stop crying please... Double tap home brings multitasking according to engadget and I'd assume you can map two functions to the back button as well...
    -they released One device today...wait and see as I bet the next is your 5in S800...
    -SD is nice but Google pushing more and more to do away with it, and with 64GB you should be mostly ok...might have to adjust some but not much... Got SOFF on those non sd card devices anyway so it isn't impossible anymore...
    -waterproof? Stop dropping your phone in toilets..
    -willing to see what the performance battery life is, but I woulda like to seen higher...not bad though...

The camera is sick btw, did you overlook it? Don't point out all the negatives without the positives bud....

Enjoy your plastic sammy. The evo community will deeply miss you. :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Willing to bet a ban on that?

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2

Let me guess, you're expecting octo exynos? Already confirmed they are using the s600 clocked at 1.9. And again with 2gigs of ram. What else are you expecting? And what do you expect to be better? Camera certainly won't be, screen won't be, so sd card slot and removable battery. So fill me in if you have better information. Like I stated "will be on par with the ONE, but nothing remotely making it better"

P. S. You should ban yourself for your ridiculous ramblings and horrible grammar.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Additional cpu cores at this point in mobile processors beyond four is marketing plain and simple. Hyper threading would make more sense.
    Also it isn't just the processor. A system will always bottle neck at its slowest point . In pc's that is usually the hard drive. That is why an ssd is usually the best upgrade you can make.
    And cpu's still have to address imaging differently with additional resources. I suggest reading up on the basic architecture of a computer system. ( von Neumann architecture)
    Also at this point 4 gigs of ram, (volatile memory) would be absolutely unnecessary. Volatile ram is so called because all data is lost if power is lost . You ram freaks please provide the burden of proof that in any circumstance running android software that you could even use that much. Remember volitle memory only holds the current processes being executed.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

At this point the weak link in mobile computing is power. Chips have grown exponentially for over 40 years. That will continue but battery technology lags behind. There is some amazing work going on that is very promising but it isn't being done by cell phone company's.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
    Jesus christ. This phone could print money and y'all still wouldn't be happy...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2