[ROM][Official] PACman 4.3 [Nightlies] Link in post 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

majortaylor

Jul 11, 2012
I tried this ROM out last night and noticed with tablet ui selected I couldn't change what nav buttons were displayed. They stayed back, home and recent even when I choose a diff option.

Sent from my Elemental Venomized S-off HTC One XL

trichrome1

May 10, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
See the previous 2 posts above this one.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

I'm up with a 2 week old all the time so I'm always checking the forums. Making me fast with the replies, lol.

Thanks for the help guys! Loving this ROM.. Very nice tons of options and battery smooth

;)

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

pdubzzle

Nov 21, 2012
Is there a way to increase mms size to 1mb or more in the stock messaging app ? I have been looking around really cant find a right answer. I do have dropbox and that works, but I had the viper rom and I remember you could change it in the settings is there anywhere in this rom i can do that?

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
So how is this been running for you guys? Any confirmed issues? I'll be working on an update over the next few days. If there have been issues, grab me a logcat of the fc or during the problem and I'll try and get it straightened out for you.

Sent from my EVO

It's running great for me. I was wondering if you could add in the toggles section in AOKP's ROM control. It's in the most recent build of AOKP for the Evita but it's missing in this ROM. I could use the CM power widget option but I just like the AOKP toggles a lot more, especially the sound ones. Not a big deal either way, just something I noticed missing. That's literally the only issue, if you even want to call it that, I've had in the past week or so. Great job. :good:

Right after I posted that I got a random reboot while playing a game. Could be a kernel issue since I'm running one of Rohan's experimental builds. Only one in a week isn't bad either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamieg71

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
It's running great for me. I was wondering if you could add in the toggles section in AOKP's ROM control. It's in the most recent build of AOKP for the Evita but it's missing in this ROM. I could use the CM power widget option but I just like the AOKP toggles a lot more, especially the sound ones. Not a big deal either way, just something I noticed missing. That's literally the only issue, if you even want to call it that, I've had in the past week or so. Great job. :good:

Right after I posted that I got a random reboot while playing a game. Could be a kernel issue since I'm running one of Rohan's experimental builds. Only one in a week isn't bad either way.

PACman Team has requested that device maintainers not do any additional modifications to the builds. However, if someone wants to make a flashable, I will add it to the OP as a mod with full credit to the creator.

Sent from my EVO

trichrome1

May 10, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
So how is this been running for you guys? Any confirmed issues? I'll be working on an update over the next few days. If there have been issues, grab me a logcat of the fc or during the problem and I'll try and get it straightened out for you.

Sent from my EVO

Its been running great. There is an issue with the bottom of then touchscreen though.... Every keyboard I've tried too.. It doesn't register touches near the bottom. U have to touch almost the top of the keys... Besides that though its great. 3 hrs screentime

Reactions: jamieg71

ZeRo2o9

Feb 14, 2011
Central Cali
Its been running great. There is an issue with the bottom of then touchscreen though.... Every keyboard I've tried too.. It doesn't register touches near the bottom. U have to touch almost the top of the keys... Besides that though its great. 3 hrs screentime

Yea happens to me too

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Its because of pie if u disable it it works

imtylerray

Jul 18, 2011
How is this ROM as far as stability and battery life? Is there anything special you have to do to flash it? I can't seem to get pass the HTC boot screen on all the ROMS I've been flashing today I think its because I'm on hboot 1.14

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
How is this ROM as far as stability and battery life? Is there anything special you have to do to flash it? I can't seem to get pass the HTC boot screen on all the ROMS I've been flashing today I think its because I'm on hboot 1.14

It's very stable and battery life for me is good. I can make it through the day easily and that's all I really look at as far as battery life goes. Are you flashing the boot image through fastboot when you flash a ROM? That's probably what your issue is. Pull the boot image from the ROM zip, flash the ROM in recovery, and then flash the boot image through fastboot. You should be good to go after that.

imtylerray

Jul 18, 2011
I haven't been flashing the boot.img. I don't have access to a computer until tomorrow. I'm about to head on a long road trip and I'm just trying to find something stable and battery friendly that doesn't require fast booting with a computer. Is there anyway you could possibly point me in the right direction? Am I only able to flash 4.1.1 and below with having to do that?

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
I haven't been flashing the boot.img. I don't have access to a computer until tomorrow. I'm about to head on a long road trip and I'm just trying to find something stable and battery friendly that doesn't require fast booting with a computer. Is there anyway you could possibly point me in the right direction? Am I only able to flash 4.1.1 and below with having to do that?

You really shouldn't flash any ROM without flashing the boot image. Some will work for you because the kernel you have may be work with multiple ROMs but maybe not perfectly. Get the flash image gui app. There's an apk floating around XDA or you can just buy it for 99 cents on the market. It will flash the boot image from the ROM you want to flash, then you just boot straight into recovery and flash the ROM. Very simple and works well.

I suggest getting s-off. It's simple and then you never have to worry about this kind of stuff anymore. Everything can be flashed in recovery.

Reactions: imtylerray

imtylerray

Jul 18, 2011
So how do I get the boot.img and do I put it in kernel or recovery on flash GUI ? Sorry for the questions I'm used to just being able to flash and I'm good to go.

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
So how do I get the boot.img and do I put it in kernel or recovery on flash GUI ? Sorry for the questions I'm used to just being able to flash and I'm good to go.

I think you just mark kernel and select the ROM zip, or kernel zip if it's a custom kernel. It will flash what it needs to from inside the zip file. I've never actually had to use it but I think that's the basics.

kyleallen5000

Apr 23, 2010
Tampa
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Turn off Nav Bar

Is it just me or is there not an option to completely eliminate the nav bar?

Im in the "System Settings/ROM Control/Navigation Bar" but i dont see an option to completely disable it. I'm one of those weird people who prefer hardware(captive) keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i4GI0T50OySoi.gif

The struggle to find the rom you need is over. Some people like CyanogenMod 10.2, Some prefer AOKP, Some like the advantages of Paranoid Android
    To cure your rom hunt we have come up with the P A C man Rom.
    PACman is a unique rom.
    We have picked the best features from CM10.2, Aokp and PA and combined them in a single rom so you get the experience you deserve
    To enjoy the features of every available project without the hassle of flashing regularly.

Features_Glass.png

Source built for the HTC One XL (Evita)
    based off of AOSP Jellybean 4.3
    latest CM10.2.0-RC0
    latest AOKP jb-mr1_milestone-2
    latest AOSPA (ParanoidAndroid 3.95)
    Focal
    HALO
    Rom Control
    PIE navigation controls
    Ribbons
    Hybrid Settings (PA pref) built in
    Per-App Layout
    Per-App Color
    much more...flash and find out!

Not_Working_Glass.png

DO NOT USE PA GAPPS!!
    Some apps not yet compatible with 4.3
    Disabling Quick Settings can cause FC

Credits_Glass.png

szl.kiev
    Teamhacksung
    Codeworkx
    CyanogenMod Team
    AOKP
    Paranoid Android
    Team Nocturnal
    Google
    HTC
    Kushdeck
    Ropodope
    Papa Smurf151
    kendallc123
    TommyTomatoe
    If I somehow missed you, first off, I apologize. Please PM me so I can remedy my oversight.

Websites_Glass.png

Code:
    * [URL="http://pac-rom.com/index.html"]PAC-Rom site[/URL]
    * [URL="http://forum.pac-rom.com/"]PAC Forum[/URL]
    * [URL="http://review.pac-rom.com/"]PAC Gerrit[/URL]
    * [URL="https://github.com/PAC-man"]PAC Github[/URL]
    * [URL="http://stats.pac-rom.com/stats"]PAC Stats[/URL]
    * [URL="https://plus.google.com/102557242936341392082/posts"]PAC Google+[/URL]
    * [URL="https://github.com/jamieg71"]My Github[/URL]

Disclaimer_Glass.png

Your warranty is now VOID. We are not responsible
    if you brick your device,
    flash at your own risk.

pac_maintainer_banner_2.png

pac_graphics_banner_2.png
    Changelog_Glass.png

8-17-13
    Reconfirmed all fixes by H8rift were included, no bricks!
    Thanks jrior001 for heads up
    Thanks pside15 for testing

## 23.0.0 → 4.3

- Dropped Numer Changelog System [bluefa1con & Papa Smurf151]
    - Upgraded to Android 4.3 [Bkjolly & bluefa1con & Goldflame0 & g2user & Mithun46 & Owain94 & slz.kiev & Sniper & wedgess & zyonee]
    - Update all CM, PA & AOKP commits [Goldflame09 & slz.kiev & wedgess & zyonee]
    - Added Halo colors [C457 & Owain94]
    - Removed Goo Manager [Goldflame09 & Singh_dd93]
    - Added PAC Console app [pvyParts]
    - Added PacPapers [Papa Smurf151 & pvyParts]
    - Mass Reorganisation off all settings and removal of separate Rom control [Owain94]
    - Added status bar weather from AOKP [Owain94]
    - Merged PAC in Black [Singh_dd93]
    - Added new boot animation [One2thTexan]
    - Changed to new default wallpaper [One2thTexan]
    - Swapped AOKP performance control for CM [Owain94]
    - Animate Developer Partition icon [pvyParts]
    - Added Partition information settings [Owain94]

6-30-13
    Version Upgrade to PAC 23
    Built with CM 3.4.49 kernel
    Submitted new dependencies to PAC Gerrit for nightly builds

4-3-13

Boredom nightly
    tweaked some animations, (please report opinions)
    Playing with some build parameters in buildspec.mk
    TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT:=user
    NO_FALLBACK_FONT:=true
    WEBCORE_INSTRUMENTATION:=true

4-1-13

Version upgrade
    Android 4.2.2
    PACman 22.0.1
    AOKP MR1
    PA 3.15
    synced latest sources for device/kernel from CM
    Implemented LOTK tweaks 30% complete
    Adjusted CFLAGS for more optimized build
    reverted to including all languages

2-9-13

Alpha release this is a WIP
    Synced sources
    created proper overlays for some aokp stuffs
    fixed derp that killed PA pref (hybrid properties)
    Tweaks in nxt update

How_to_Install_Glass.png

1. Download rom to your SD card
    2. Reboot recovery
    3. If coming from another rom/android version full wipe required (cache, dalvik, data, system)
    4. flash PAC & Gapps
    5. Reboot
    6. Enjoy

Download_Glass.png

PAC 4.3

Nightly downloads here

For 4.3 GAPPS

Re: [ROM][4.2.1]PACman Ver 19.9[LOTK][2-9-13]

jamieg71, have you thought about doing a refresh on this? atleast to kick out the bugs to make it a good daily driver?

Sure man, I just updated the jewel to PAC version 22.0.1 android 4.2.2. I wasn't sure if the demand was here for it. I haven't had many downloads on the Evita. But I'll get you guys a build this week no problem. PAC has come a long way since version 19 you guys will enjoy it.

Sent from my EVO
    Any word on updates to fix the random reboots? I've had more random reboots since I installed this rom last night than I did in the two months I used the previous version? I assume it's related to the updated 3.4 kernel but I am unsure. I am using 7/1 nightly.

I am also having connection problems. After each reboot I have to toggle the data off and then back on again. These problems are almost making this rom not a daily driver anymore but more of a WIP. If I had older version of this rom still I would switch back but I do not.

Check my dev-host under pac/evita... You may have to do some digging but all my previous builds for this device are still there. I certainly would not consider PACman rom a WIP it's pretty spot on at this point. Occasionally with major new features or changes there will be hiccups. But they always get resolved in a timely fashion. For this device as well as the jewel, the current hiccup is kernel related and all device/kernel specific source is pulled from CM.

If you guys track Github/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_htc_msm8960
    revision cm-10.1
    And look for new commits reverting to 3.4.10 or a commit from Kushdeck that should mean the low-memory reboots have been resolved, also MHL, GPS fix ups and some audio things it looks like.
    Once the fixes have been committed, PAC Nightlies will reflect the changes in that nights build.

Sent from my EVO
    Hey guys sorry for the long hiatus. I started a new job and have very limited time for development. I do plan to update PAC to the latest either this or next weekend. After that, I most likely will no longer be developing publicly at all. Hopefully someone steps up and takes over as your maintainer.
    If anyone is interested in doing so, hit me up by pm and I'll get with the PAC team and get you set up as the official maintainer, as well as lend a hand if needed.
    Just so you know, I appreciate the heck out of all the kind words and positive feedback I have received here on the One X. You guys are great.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2