Mota smartwatch on groupon 2/3 $50

Search This thread

spb37

Dec 3, 2009
Anyone know how this handles incoming text messages. Does the watch vibrate and are texts easy to read in day light or nightime? They seem to get, unlike many reviewers, that one killer app is not having to take your phone out of your pocket to answer calls. That function is also important to anyone bombarded with incoming texts. It is odd that Mota's description makes no mention of text messanging. This is the main way I use my current device, an ancient sony liveview (given new life for reading incoming texts by excellent openliveview software).

Given pricepoint, novel functionality and stylishness clearly deserves its own thread.

Last edited:

ronfurro

Oct 24, 2013
O-Town
I would steer clear of this device. Very, Very limited functionality, poor build quality- my battery was DOA, When I finally reconditioned the battery, it had constant connection issues. Got rid of it quickly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Guys, this look any other cheap $40-$50 bluetooth bracelet I have seen being sold on ebay, amazon, or chinese retailers (like dx.com) for the last 2-3 years. Its just a bluetooth caller id notifier that vibrates on calls, shows who is calling, and plays music from your phone like a remote bt speaker. It's no different than this $40 feature watch I reviewed here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2435751) but in a bracelet format.

If you ask me, this is no different than all those scams trying to sell already existing products on KS or IGG lol!!! They just got clever and doing it through Groupon to attract more suckers, I mean buyers :)

This is not a smartwatch, it doesn't show emails or txt msg or anything else, and it only supports BT 2.0.