[ROM] OXY-LITE [58 Mb] LIGHTEST ROM EVER! [FINAL RELEASE]

Search This thread

anarchian

Nov 29, 2011
Okay, here goes:
I've been playing awhile with hrkfdn great ported Oxygen ROM.
It's already light and fast! All hail goes to original dev and all those big guys!

So I made a few alterations -mods, if you prefer. In fact, I pushed this ROM even further, I just got to know how light and how fast a ROM can be, while still wanted it to be good looking. Remove some, added some, playing with various tweaks here and there -can't really recall everything.

Tried hard not to reach 60 MB, it's fun for me to know that I'm using a very light ROM. So here it is, a 58 Mb ROM for our DHD, that's way way smaller than the usual Sense ROMs and still half of CM and MIUI ROMs. There's plenty of room for our OWN creativity :)

Who would want a ROM such as this? Those who are taking a break from all the complexity of Sense, those who prefer clean & pure android experience, those who seek a fast and solid yet uncluttered base for hard-core gaming, and above all: those who dare to begin a personal endeavor into the endless sea of the Droid Unknown.

-This ROM is based on the earlier version of hrkfdn's ported Oxygen. If you prefer to taste the originals, do visit the original thread.
-The FM Radio is not functional on Oxygen builds. However, I've been using this ROM for everyday use, and no biggies that prevent me from using my DHD the way it should be used, but let me know if there's something that really wrong, I might know the way around.
-I'm no dev and this is not really a 'new' ROM, but I do love to share.. If this ROM pleases you, don't forget there are buttons in this page to express it :eek: I have not stop from modding this ROM, still curious if I can make it below 50 Mb ;) so most probable there will (still) be future releases.. will be updating.

UPDATE 22 Sept 2012
Although the latest build is still here to download, and (evidently) still needed by some, and yes, this ROM is still among the LIGHTEST, FASTEST DHD ROM ever existed, I'm sorry to say that this project is now in full stop.
I have been off the droid field for months due to a new 'life' that prevents me from a stable internet connection
I have no DHD now, but I will still stop by once in a while, so if there are questions, feel free to still post here, ar PM me, if i have the answer I surely will reply.
Thank You all!

FINAL BUILD
-Flash using CWM
-Backup first
-WIPE CLEAN

v3.0
Get it HERE
(Thanks xxkid123 for conserving and reuploading the file)
Rebuild with complete sets of fonts.
Cosmetics change.
Essential GApps integrated.
Upgrading few add-ons
Minor fixes.
Size is STILL 58 Megs.

screenshot-1325866656809.png

screenshot-1325866707136.png
screenshot-1325866994485.png

Don't know about you, but this is by far is the fastest ROM, from Quadrant numbers, that ever run in my DHD!

Underclocked @ 768 MHz:
screenshot-1324879676116-1.png

@ 1 GHz:
screenshot-1324873555671.png

Overclocked @ 1.5 GHz:
screenshot-1324873462767-1.png

Battery consumption
screenshot-1326648263659.png

=====================================

OLDER BUILDs
DOWNLOAD LINKS BROKEN

v2.0
It's here.
Integrated essential GApps now, hardware buttons fully working without the need to flash GApps package.
Few cosmetics change, better looking than the previous
Size is STILL 58 Megs
Removed some font support for on this build.. my bad :eek:
For a quick fix, using Roor Explorer, extract all fonts files from this zip to /system/fonts

v1.0
Cosmetic resources from UOT, switched to Zeam, Only GMaps & GMail used -other GApss I don't need for everyday use- but made a flash-able GApps for add-on, just in case.
It's here, if anyone interested.
Here is the GApps.
As usual, CWM is needed to flash. Don't forget to full wipe your device.
Here's a wipe script if needed.

Last edited:

anarchian

Nov 29, 2011
UPDATE 22 Sept 2012
Although the latest build is still here to download, and (evidently) still needed by some, and yes, this ROM is still among the LIGHTEST, FASTEST DHD ROM ever existed, I'm sorry to say that this project is now in full stop.
I have been off the droid field for months due to a new 'life' that prevents me from a stable internet connection
I have no to play DHD now, but I will still stop by once in a while, so if there are questions, feel free to still post here, ar PM me, if i have the answer I surely will reply.
Thank You all!

Last edited:

spikey68

Aug 7, 2010
Brilliant dude. Many thanks for sharing.
It might be an idea to call it a theme and put it in the theme section...

EDIT: FIFTY ODD MEG FOR A COMPLETE ROM ON DHD!

Man, impressed. And love what you done.

Lovin it...

02d86d36-ae88-71d0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: reformista45

huff

Sep 8, 2008
Found it by mistake: every time I double tap on CAPS I get FC on ICS keyboard.

gheddo61

Apr 8, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
I cant synchronize my Google contacts only gMail can be synchronized ans idea?

Edit: flashed gapps.zip now ist working thx :D

Sent from my Desire HD OXY-LITED XTM using xda premium

Last edited:

anarchian

Nov 29, 2011

sorceforge

Jul 3, 2010
Brilliant dude. Many thanks for sharing.
It might be an idea to call it a theme and put it in the theme section...

EDIT: FIFTY ODD MEG FOR A COMPLETE ROM ON DHD!

Man, impressed. And love what you done.

Lovin it...

02d86d36-ae88-71d0.jpg

Excuse me, can I ask you what is that news(says BBC) widget you are using?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

spikey68

Aug 7, 2010
Excuse me, can I ask you what is that news(says BBC) widget you are using?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

No probs dude, its glass widgets. Free version from market. As is the time. I stuck with Go Launcher to edit icons and size of some things. On other pages I have Android Pro Widgets. Themed up nice now. Also have Seesmic widest for SN stuff.
EDIT: Screenshots
d5cdea4e-c834-0c60.jpg

d5cde94e-ca13-46ba.jpg

Switched to conservative to try and slow battery drain. Still flying but i have LOTS of apps on board.

Now it blows sense away.

Last edited:

spikey68

Aug 7, 2010
Can web add theme chosser

Would be nice dude but it needs building into rom. There are tuts if you want to do your own version. I reserve the right to be lazy and let others do it ;)

How much did u want to theme it?
d5cde84e-d4e4-d30f.jpg

;)

Last edited:

spikey68

Aug 7, 2010
How do i doit.

You need to learn dude. Search the forums. If you want to use my way add go Launcher and its theme maker app, to use t-mobiles theme chooser search for building a rom in general Android dev section, there is a really good easy guide.

Last edited:
Reactions: caballon

Enterprise-D

Dec 20, 2010
Paris
Wow, I was looking for a rom like this one especially to play big game (like gta III).
Going to flash it on bootmanager...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, here goes:
    I've been playing awhile with hrkfdn great ported Oxygen ROM.
    It's already light and fast! All hail goes to original dev and all those big guys!

So I made a few alterations -mods, if you prefer. In fact, I pushed this ROM even further, I just got to know how light and how fast a ROM can be, while still wanted it to be good looking. Remove some, added some, playing with various tweaks here and there -can't really recall everything.

Tried hard not to reach 60 MB, it's fun for me to know that I'm using a very light ROM. So here it is, a 58 Mb ROM for our DHD, that's way way smaller than the usual Sense ROMs and still half of CM and MIUI ROMs. There's plenty of room for our OWN creativity :)

Who would want a ROM such as this? Those who are taking a break from all the complexity of Sense, those who prefer clean & pure android experience, those who seek a fast and solid yet uncluttered base for hard-core gaming, and above all: those who dare to begin a personal endeavor into the endless sea of the Droid Unknown.

-This ROM is based on the earlier version of hrkfdn's ported Oxygen. If you prefer to taste the originals, do visit the original thread.
    -The FM Radio is not functional on Oxygen builds. However, I've been using this ROM for everyday use, and no biggies that prevent me from using my DHD the way it should be used, but let me know if there's something that really wrong, I might know the way around.
    -I'm no dev and this is not really a 'new' ROM, but I do love to share.. If this ROM pleases you, don't forget there are buttons in this page to express it :eek: I have not stop from modding this ROM, still curious if I can make it below 50 Mb ;) so most probable there will (still) be future releases.. will be updating.

UPDATE 22 Sept 2012
    I have no DHD now, but I will still stop by once in a while, so if there are questions, feel free to still post here, ar PM me, if i have the answer I surely will reply.
    Thank You all!

FINAL BUILD
    -Flash using CWM
    -Backup first
    -WIPE CLEAN

v3.0
    Get it HERE
    (Thanks xxkid123 for conserving and reuploading the file)
    Rebuild with complete sets of fonts.
    Cosmetics change.
    Essential GApps integrated.
    Upgrading few add-ons
    Minor fixes.
    Size is STILL 58 Megs.

screenshot-1325866656809.png

screenshot-1325866707136.png
    screenshot-1325866994485.png

Don't know about you, but this is by far is the fastest ROM, from Quadrant numbers, that ever run in my DHD!

Underclocked @ 768 MHz:
    screenshot-1324879676116-1.png

@ 1 GHz:
    screenshot-1324873555671.png

Overclocked @ 1.5 GHz:
    screenshot-1324873462767-1.png

Battery consumption
    screenshot-1326648263659.png

=====================================

OLDER BUILDs
    DOWNLOAD LINKS BROKEN

v2.0
    It's here.
    Integrated essential GApps now, hardware buttons fully working without the need to flash GApps package.
    Few cosmetics change, better looking than the previous
    Size is STILL 58 Megs
    Removed some font support for on this build.. my bad :eek:
    For a quick fix, using Roor Explorer, extract all fonts files from this zip to /system/fonts

v1.0
    Cosmetic resources from UOT, switched to Zeam, Only GMaps & GMail used -other GApss I don't need for everyday use- but made a flash-able GApps for add-on, just in case.
    It's here, if anyone interested.
    Here is the GApps.
    As usual, CWM is needed to flash. Don't forget to full wipe your device.
    Here's a wipe script if needed.
    Although the latest build is still here to download (Thanks xxkid123 for conserving and reuploading the file), and (evidently) still needed by some, and yes, this ROM is still among the LIGHTEST, FASTEST DHD ROM ever existed, I'm sorry to say that this project is now in full stop. I have been off the droid field for months due to a new 'life' that prevents me from a stable internet connection. I have no to play DHD now, but I will still stop by once in a while, so if there are questions, feel free to still post here, ar PM me, if i have the answer I surely will reply.
    Thank You all!
    Is there any RTL Fix for Arabic ?? ,,, Thank You :)

I'm not using this rom, but I'm using the original OXYGEN ROM that this ROM is based on. I've made an RTL fix for Arabic for OXYGEN ROM.

You may download it here ... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1691503/flashable_cwm_framework.zip

:cool:
    Sorry for the kick, but i wonder if there still is a zip of this ROM somewhere.
    I would like to put this on my old DHD to run a server on it, since it's very light so it'll save resources.

https://mega.nz/#!9p0XHToJ!ohJt5-QUkLArGxcJGHqDLA1pzlB1b4RfZf9JP-pggsA
    Man am i ever impressed with the battery life on this rom....I've tried all the rooms for the dhd and this is by far the fastest and uses the least battery I've seen yet.