[Q] HBoot 1.55 S-Off back to S-On needed?

Search This thread

Sojourner353

Apr 8, 2007
Sydney
Hi all,

As the title suggests I need to get my HTC One back to S-On to send it back for repair, as I'm from Australia there is no RUU available for my Carrier but I have flashed back to stock using a Guru Nandroid, currently it's Bootloader is locked it's CID is OPTUS001 (default) and HBoot 1.55 S-Off which I need to get back to on and it's had it's latest OTA installed.

Earlier today I did achieve S-Off and locked but ended up with the tamper flag above locked which obviously couldn't be returned like that.

At the moment I am wondering if I need to downgrade just HBoot to 1.44 so I can S-On again but I'm worried it will show tampered again after I S-On like it did before, now in further if this is the only way to do it how can I get HBoot 1.55 back in after I S-On, I haven't found any firmware downloads out there at all specific to my device.

Thanks in advance for any help.

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Just leave it s off its not a problem. As long as tampered is gone and boot loader is locked that is fine

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sojourner353

Apr 8, 2007
Sydney
Ok thank you for the reply, I have tried so many different things today and to be honest I'm surprised it's not bricked doing some of the things I have done, cheers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk Pro

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Going from s off to s on is actually one of the easiest ways to brick your phone if your not careful. There really is no need. Some phones actually come out of the factory s off. And with warranty repairs I've heard of plenty of people with custom roms and unlocked bootloaders get it fixed no problem. Yours sounds fine :)

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

matt_tee

Nov 16, 2008
Hi all,

As the title suggests I need to get my HTC One back to S-On to send it back for repair, as I'm from Australia there is no RUU available for my Carrier but I have flashed back to stock using a Guru Nandroid, currently it's Bootloader is locked it's CID is OPTUS001 (default) and HBoot 1.55 S-Off which I need to get back to on and it's had it's latest OTA installed.

Earlier today I did achieve S-Off and locked but ended up with the tamper flag above locked which obviously couldn't be returned like that.

At the moment I am wondering if I need to downgrade just HBoot to 1.44 so I can S-On again but I'm worried it will show tampered again after I S-On like it did before, now in further if this is the only way to do it how can I get HBoot 1.55 back in after I S-On, I haven't found any firmware downloads out there at all specific to my device.

Thanks in advance for any help.

delete quote

Last edited: