[ROM][KANG]Cyanogenmod 7&9 KANG builds Captivate

Search This thread

boog

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
Is linaro an ICS only implementation? I haven't had time to really read up on the details.

WHAT DOES LINARO DO?
Linaro is a not-for-profit engineering organization with over 120 engineers working on consolidating and optimizing open source software for the ARM architecture, including the GCC toolchain, the Linux kernel, ARM power management, graphics and multimedia interfaces.
To ensure commecial quality software, Linaro's work includes comprehensive test and validation on member hardware platforms. The full scope of Linaro's engineering work is open to all online. Open engineering has been practised from the start at Linaro with plans, specifications and progress available for inspection on the developer Wiki. Linaro is distribution neutral: it wants to provide the best software foundations to everyone, and to reduce non-differentiating and costly low level fragmentation.

Reactions: Nick D

Nick D

Aug 3, 2009
Indiana
In my defense, as I can feel all the squinting eyes of disapproval peering down on me, my PC is currently loading Ubuntu for dual boot testing and my eyes keep blurring reading my phone. I do usually search.

N

nygfan760

In my defense, as I can feel all the squinting eyes of disapproval peering down on me, my PC is currently loading Ubuntu for dual boot testing and my eyes keep blurring reading my phone. I do usually search.

It's cool. I usually only get mad when it's right in the OP or thread.

boog

May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio

No worries, I have been seeing all sorts of references to linaro all over the forums. Most of it appears not correct, so it can be tough to sort out.

It looks like cyanogenmod devs are preping the code to use the linaro compiler, and gain some extra optimizations.

Many have been looking at commits submitted and approved by devs at linaro and assuming that is the linaro optimizations. It is confusing.

N

nygfan760

No worries, I have been seeing all sorts of references to linaro all over the forums. Most of it appears not correct, so it can be tough to sort out.

It looks like cyanogenmod devs are preping the code to use the linaro compiler, and gain some extra optimizations.

Many have been looking at commits submitted and approved by devs at linaro and assuming that is the linaro optimizations. It is confusing.

Thanks for the heads up and sorting everything out. These kangs with Linaro eventually :eek:

lownox

Aug 26, 2008
Posted a new build. As soon as my current build is complete I will post a list of what is cherry picked.

New Wallpapers merged... so that's worth it alone, right? :D

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX

Last I heard, they weren't going to merge it. But that wasn't an official word.

lownox

Aug 26, 2008
Latest build I posted on Androtransfer.com has back button app kill time set at 1.4 seconds. Much better than 2 seconds IMO. Currently there is no way to change the timeout.

The build includes some cherry picks... but I don't remember them all right now and I am not at home. Stuff like... bottom status bar, camera shutter sound mute option, etc... It all works. No worries.

God I couldn't stand the 2 second time out... did I mention that? :D

lownox

Aug 26, 2008
Just posted a CM7.2 build that includes "increasing ringtone option"... the rest of the picks are listed on the epicmtd page. I haven't updated the .readme yet. Enjoy.

N

nygfan760

Do either of the kangs (skankwich or lowonox) have the "saladbar?"

Nick D

Aug 3, 2009
Indiana
Just posted a CM7.2 build that includes "increasing ringtone option"... the rest of the picks are listed on the epicmtd page. I haven't updated the .readme yet. Enjoy.

The Epic picks lists "---Toggling the flashlight from the lock/pattern/sim unlock screens." I see the option on the Captivate but it does nothing. Makes sense since there is no LED flash, but is there a way to have this action turn the screen white and go to full brightness (the same as most flashlight apps)?

lownox

Aug 26, 2008
The Epic picks lists "---Toggling the flashlight from the lock/pattern/sim unlock screens." I see the option on the Captivate but it does nothing. Makes sense since there is no LED flash, but is there a way to have this action turn the screen white and go to full brightness (the same as most flashlight apps)?

Not that I know of. Sorry.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Nick D

ConeyKiller

Feb 23, 2011
With 7/11 build, anyone else having issues with being able to set alarms? I have Alarm Clock Extreme, Gentle Alarm, and the stock clock app. All if them freeze when I go to set an alarm time. :(

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

makelegs

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City
New Thread Announcement

FWIW....I am no longer building CM9 for any devices.

As such, I have started a NEW CM10 THREAD.

Everyone is invited. This has been a great group of folks. Time to start the SKANKY JELLYBRO fresh, though.

New build has already been posted. Drop me a line, sometime.

Thanks, guys! CYA soon :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I saw this over in the Nexus S development section, so I figured I would bring it here. For those of you unfamiliar with how cyanogenmod works, fixes and new features get submitted to gerrit, where they wait for approval. Once they get approved, they go into nightlies. Some things don't get merged at all. What most of us call KANG builds are nightlies, except with changes from gerrit merged in. For example: the MIUI battery bar is sitting in gerrit, and it might not even get merged in due to a few things, but I personally like it, so I use it. If you need hosting for your KANGS, let me know and I can hook you up.

If you're going to post a KANG, please post what patches you've included, and anything else you find pertinent.

CM9:
    http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/skankwich/?id=captivatemtd
    SKANKWICH [SKANG] CM9 KANG build: CAPTIVATE

skank-logo-lrg.png

This is a self-compiled kang of CM9 with cherry picks from CyanogenMod’s Gerrit Instance, most comparable to a CM nightly build. You need not apply if you’re not comfortable with testing out new and possibly broken features. All credit goes to cyanogen, #teamdouche and the coders who submit to Gerrit. Thank you to @RyanMacG for providing Euroskank hosting.​

NEW BUILDS ANNOUNCE IMMEDIATELY ON TWITTER @Makelegs

Latest Skankwich build

Latest Gapps (mirrored from goo.im):

Latest merges to CM source code: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:ics,n,z

cherry.png
    Cherry picks and other modifications
    cherry.png

If cherry picks disappear, it's because they were merged, abandoned or conflict with the current source or other cherry picks.

idybV.png
    Available on ROM Manager! ..................................... Euroskank Skankwich RSS Feed

Full disclosure: I do not own a Captivate. I currently own a Nexus One, Nexus S, and LTE Galaxy Nexus. I run the exact same builds with the exact same cherry-picks as my daily driver in the corporate jungle. In other words.....I really need my phone to WORK!
    Had the reboot big numerous times on the 22nd version. Flashed the 23rd update this morning to see how it goes.

sent from XDA app

It should be gone with the newest build....(I think) :eek:

I dropped a few picks that were pretty inconsequential to me, anyway. I think they were just messed up.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

I will be off doing family stuff for the holiday. Unless something really big happens (highly doubtful), I won't build again until mon or tues.

Thanks again for all the support, folks!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!:D
    Wow! 100 downloads of my 3/24 kang in 2 days! I am honored, I hope you all are enjoying it :)

http://goo-inside.me/devs/boog/cm9kang/captivate
    I hope you guys download the **** out of the new build.....cuz it's been 3 days of banging my head against the wall just to get captivate to even build.....

#notpissedatall

/sarcasm

:eek:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk