ICE CREAM SAMMICH TALK HERE

Search This thread

maerlim

Aug 9, 2010
Buried in a thread asking Samsung "Y U NO GIVE US"? I would have thought it pretty obvious to start a thread about the topic of the source being available instead of it being in a thread about how texting has deprived our youth of simple spelling and grammar.

EnemyOfGlaDOS

Nov 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
Buried in a thread asking Samsung "Y U NO GIVE US"? I would have thought it pretty obvious to start a thread about the topic of the source being available instead of it being in a thread about how texting has deprived our youth of simple spelling and grammar.

So what's the point of this thread...so people can come in and say "yep source is released for i9100.." .."yeah it sure is", "hey guys source is available" ... okey dokie :rolleyes:

*edit* I guess wtf do I care, I figured the existing thread would get a title change and topic would merge... whatever's clever!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Last edited:

NJGSII

Nov 15, 2011
Howell, NJ

I was able to find out that the kernel source released perfectly fine from the other thread.

R

Red5

I thought we all agreed that I would make the new thread?

Oh well, time for a name change on this thread...

jdbeitz

Jul 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Just started a new kernel source thread... fail. Red, please delete it.

Can't wait until entropy gets a hold of the source :)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

O

Optimus-Prime

so i was in class on XDA and i see this. i jumped out of my seat basiaclly saying this. prolly looked like it too.
PJa3g.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, at this point:
    Boots
    Touchkeys work
    initramfs is being tracked in a local git repo
    kernel is being tracked in a local git repo
    ADB shells have root access

What is not yet working:
    CWM - I'm using the "classic" 5.0.2.8 for now. I can enter CWM, I can do a nandroid backup, but I can't restore or flash anything. I've got some ideas to fix this - I forgot some of the images.
    ADB in recovery - this makes fixing CWM harder if it's more than just the missing images
    ADB during boot - makes troubleshooting failure to boot a *****

I'm calling it a night as this is a good stopping point and I need sleep. Hopefully I'll figure out the ADB stuff and get CWM working tomorrow evening.

FennyFatal and drowningchild have a lot to thank for this - without some of their comments, I would have taken much longer to narrow down the problem to a bogus initramfs.
    So far it's being evil... Getting something that reliably boots is proving difficult.

It doesn't help that my deodex job was botched and the launcher would immediately start FCing... ****ing Samsung. I've worked around that now by installing LauncherPro, but since then I haven't successfully booted a kernel. (Before, I booted a few only to reach a broken launcher...)

Progress is being made - but it'll take some time. Esp. since I have to go out and run errands tomorrow evening.
    I could always share my chest and sinus infection with Entropy so
    he would have to call in sick
    Been there done that (I was dealing with a sinus infection caused by the 2011 floods + seasonal allergies when the I777 first launched) - no thanks not again. :)

Most of the difficulty is basic cleanup stuff and making sure I get CWM right. I'm not going to go the "kang cfroot's initramfs" way.
    no pictures just a question once we have the kernel are we still going to need the modded phone.apk

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Yes.

It'll be a while before I can figure out a way to get noise reduction working - if I ever figure that one out before an AT&T leak shows.

Right now:
    Booting
    ADB in CWM works (turns out Chainfire's hacked adbd had issues)
    CWM seems to work (at least nandroids) - flashing untested (Main reason I'm not releasing until another day or two)

Implemented but so far untested:
    Bootanimation support
    init.d support
    SoD patch
    fuel_alerted wakelock patch
    Conservative governor tuning patches

If it's stable until tomorrow, I'll probably push to github tomorrow. If it's still stable, I'll release this weekend.
    OK, now properly booting from a "git-tracked" initramfs.

At this point, since it's a LOT easier to identify when something goes wrong, progress will be much quicker.