[Status] VZW M8 Bootloader Unlock / S-Off Method

Search This thread

Frankie1588

Sep 26, 2011
Yup, I got my M7 in August and I think it was October when we got a software S-Off. The Dev's are way ahead of where they were at this point last year with the M7.

I got it day 1 and was able to unlock it via HTCDev which was awesome haha. Sucks that wasn't an option this time around. Either way I am psyched that S-Off was achieved this soon. Got my S-Off pledge ready! :D

shojus

Jan 9, 2008
GRap
I seriously hope everyone pays up this time cause it makes us all look bad when people back out. That said, I got mine S-Off'd via java card and it's on it's way back to me but I am still donating what I said I would. Great devs we have in here!

Reactions: zounduser

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Scotty knows what he's talking about. Lol. S-off means it's the ****ing king of all android! It's the holy grail! It's the ring! Lol. With s-off, we don't need unlocked bootloader. U can do so if u please. By adb/fastboot commands. The possibilities are endless. And I for one, can not wait for it!

And hey Scotty, good seeing u bro, it's been awhile.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Zarboz

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
I seriously hope everyone pays up this time cause it makes us all look bad when people back out. That said, I got mine S-Off'd via java card and it's on it's way back to me but I am still donating what I said I would. Great devs we have in here!

Last I heard, beaups got about 1/2 of the bounty pledged for S-Off on the M7. Darn shame. I know these guys don't do this stuff for money but it sucks when people make pledges and don't pay up when due.

I know some have said they were having "financial difficulty" and that is a shame but if you think you might not have the money, don't pledge.

shojus

Jan 9, 2008
GRap
Last I heard, beaups got about 1/2 of the bounty pledged for S-Off on the M7. Darn shame. I know these guys don't do this stuff for money but it sucks when people make pledges and don't pay up when due.

I know some have said they were having "financial difficulty" and that is a shame but if you think you might not have the money, don't pledge.

I live in financial hardship but my word is my bond! Don't say ur gonna donate $100 if you can't, point blank. They don't do it for the money anyways but we ALL should be smashing that donate button when it drops! I think the people who don't follow through should be put on blast... LOL Anyways, let's get ready for some M8 sweetness fellas!!

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
I live in financial hardship but my word is my bond! Don't say ur gonna donate $100 if you can't, point blank. They don't do it for the money anyways but we ALL should be smashing that donate button when it drops! I think the people who don't follow through should be put on blast... LOL Anyways, let's get ready for some M8 sweetness fellas!!

Who isn't in financial hardship these days....

Reactions: Lazy8

teknode

Mar 28, 2014
I hope the firewater s-off method works out. Between this and the fast response time I just might have to pick up an m8.

scotty1223

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2011
And hey Scotty, good seeing u bro, it's been awhile.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

good to see you here,too bro :cool:

its actually even a little worse than that. i did not pledge,but did donate,throwing off the recieved total. im sure im not the only one in that scenario.

folks definately should donate. devices are not given out to devs by htc so they can hack them ;) a lot of work goes into this kind of stuff.alot of personal time that could be spent with family or other activities. these guys make sacrifices to bring you tools and roms.

if you said youd donate do it. if youre not sure,keep quiet. if you kept quiet and end up with a lil extra at the end of the week,donate it. :)

im not a dev,but i do put alot of time into helping forums by answering questions and trying to write guides that anyone can follow. every now and then i get a donation,and i always appreciate it,no matter if its $5 or even less. dont be embarrased if thats all you got this week,its kinda like xmas- its the thot that counts :D

Last edited:

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
It's only partially S = Off, as far as I know there are still partitions we can't write to and the bootloader is still locked.

It is true s-off, where did you get this idea.

There us no partial s off. S off is s off... You've obviously read something and taken it the wrong way,and not read the couple posts above explaining why a locked broader is not of any relevance(and the fact it will be unlockable)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Actually more than one "type" of s-off exists, with different levels of impact

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: BFirebird101

scotty1223

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2011
Actually more than one "type" of s-off exists, with different levels of impact

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

With older devices,you can have eng s off,with wich hboot simply ignores the radio secureflag.

But for this device the only option is radio s off since eng and mfg hboots are not signed with a release key.

Prolly a better way to say it woikd have been "there is no partial s off of this phone.radio s off is radio s off"

Unless there was something else you were refering to.

What variant of m8 did you end up with?

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts