Why isn't everybody using Xposed Framwork?

Search This thread

THE_KINGDOM

Sep 20, 2011
OnePlus 11
So I thought I'd ask, since every customization that's pretty much available on ANY custom ROM is available as a downloadable module on Xposed Framework. Why isn't everybody using Xposed Framwork?

Are there any disadvantages?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
I do use xposed but its worth noting :

1) custom roms are more than just features
2) many features of certain roms are not actually available as modules
3) not compatible. With ART

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I use it and I can't live without it now. Stock + Xposed makes me not even care for custom ROMs anymore. Instead of waiting for updates to ROMs now, I wait for updates to Xposed Modules. It reminds me of my webOS days when webOS had patches.

Reactions: THE_KINGDOM

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
I use it and I can't live without it now. Stock + Xposed makes me not even care for custom ROMs anymore. Instead of waiting for updates to ROMs now, I wait for updates to Xposed Modules. It reminds me of my webOS days when webOS had patches.

I'm stuck in both worlds. I have 18 xposed modules AND a custom ROM. I can't live without it either.

THE_KINGDOM

Sep 20, 2011
OnePlus 11
for me it seems like the ideal is to use a simple yet feature rich and stable ROM like Cataclysm or Purity and then download any xposed modules for features that are lacking, which are not many at all with those 2 ROMs.

I just switched to Paranoid Android 4.4.3 RC1 and I'm kinda shocked with how naked this ROM is. I like what they've done with the quick-tiles and hover, but there are currently just too many features lacking. I'm gonna give purity a try and combine that with xposed modules.

Rip95

Aug 2, 2013
This is a matter of user requirements. If you have all features that rom already including then you don't need it.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
18? Dang. I only use 7. What do you get from the custom ROM part of it?

Performance, tweaks and features.

Xposed brings fixes for stuff. Hard to explain.

tyhutaba.jpg

krnonthak0b

Nov 29, 2013
Siheung-si
I actually am on stock + xposed atm but the reason why i try, as much as possible, to stay away from xposed is because xposed is not always "stable" and i don't like bogging down my system with apps that could be baked in natively in a rom (not entirely sure if that makes an actual difference but... meh)

and on top of that many custom ROMs are highly optimized and streamlined to be as smooth and fast and efficient as possible which is another consideration

but i use xposed mainly for app settings because for some strange reason.. not all apps allow me to change the apps language... I use korean for my system but i prefer reading in english and am only using korean as the system language because of voice recognition in things like the voice dialer and system wide processes... why can't google make system languages recognize multiple languages TT.TT

lukas_s

Apr 6, 2011
Made my phone laggy as ****. No thanks. That was with Gravity Box plus another 2 mods added.

lukas_s

Apr 6, 2011
I think experiences vary on this matter. I've got 18 as mentioned and no lag. There must have been other issues that maybe Xposed exacerbated.

Yup, experiences definitely vary. All I know is that as soon as I removed Xposed my Nexus 5 was back to being its zippy old self.

_Infamous_

Aug 14, 2010
Gardnerville
Any one using gravity box on pa the Nav bar size is not working bit all other tweaks working

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fxdil

Jun 3, 2014
Coming from ART, I've definitely noticed some lag when it comes to changing to Dalvik because I needed Xposed. But with a stock ROM, tweaked kernel and optimized Dalvik+Bionic libraries, it's definitely as smooth and responsive as it was on ART. Plus, the customization is definitely a good thing if you want to stick to stock ROM.

DARTHVAPOR

Mar 5, 2012
DC
I use 9 modules and Vomers stock 4.4.3. My phone is stable, fast and has decent enough battery life.

sEnT fROM dA rOoT oF KTU84mmm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm stuck in both worlds. I have 18 xposed modules AND a custom ROM. I can't live without it either.

18? Dang. I only use 7. What do you get from the custom ROM part of it?

Performance, tweaks and features.

Xposed brings fixes for stuff. Hard to explain.

tyhutaba.jpg

Made my phone laggy as ****. No thanks. That was with Gravity Box plus another 2 mods added.

I think experiences vary on this matter. I've got 18 as mentioned and no lag. There must have been other issues that maybe Xposed exacerbated.