Random reboots after installing Gapps in Kitkat

Search This thread

larscn

Aug 3, 2011
Hi

I'm trying to install Kitkat 4.4 with Maclaws cm11. Also tried the carbon rom. All seems to work fine until I flash G apps. Then I get random reboots shortly after boot. Tried both micro and aroma Gapps from Mclaw. Am I alone with this problem? Any suggestions?
I'm using CWM for flashing and wrong cache etc. Baseband I8190XXANA2 in stock 4.1.2 (rooted) which works fine.

After more research it seems like reboots happens also without Gapps. Also happening in 4.3. There was recently a firmware update early this week. Maybe something has changed, breaking custom ROMs.

Last edited:

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Hi

I'm trying to install Kitkat 4.4 with Maclaws cm11. Also tried the carbon rom. All seems to work fine until I flash G apps. Then I get random reboots shortly after boot. Tried both micro and aroma Gapps from Mclaw. Am I alone with this problem? Any suggestions?
I'm using CWM for flashing and wrong cache etc. Baseband I8190XXANA2 in stock 4.1.2 (rooted) which works fine.

After more research it seems like reboots happens also without Gapps. Also happening in 4.3. There was recently a firmware update early this week. Maybe something has changed, breaking custom ROMs.

Bud,
If you're on stock just do that:

1-Reboot in recovery
2-Choose Wipe data/factory reset
3-Flash cm rom
4-Flash gapps
5-Reboot
Done, that's it. Not complicate.

If you want to update cm roms:

1-Reboot in recovery
2-Flash cm update
3-Choose Wipe cache & dalvik cache
4-Reboot
Done.

You don't need to mess up with anything more. Read my FAQ here for gapps & for more doubts. Have fun:)

Reactions: larscn

larscn

Aug 3, 2011
thanks...

Bud,

1-Reboot in recovery
3-Flash cm rom
4-Flash gapps
5-Reboot

1-Reboot in recovery
2-Flash cm update
4-Reboot
Done.

You don't need to mess up with anything more. Read my FAQ here for gapps & for more doubts. Have fun:)

Thanks for the advice. I've read the faq's and followed that, but the problem is that my phone just reboots randomly a minute or so after it's booted up. Was suspecting this to be the latest firmware update, but if so the forum would probably been flooded with more with the same problem.

It might be my battery, which is bad. Just got a new one. Charging it now, and will try CM11 again tomorrow. If it still reboots I'll see if I'm able to access the logs to get an idea of whats going on. It works fine on stock, so I'm a bit puzzled... :confused:.

larscn

Aug 3, 2011
Solved

...and after changing battery CM11 runs smooth without reboots :D.

The reboots happened with the original charger plugged in. Why that didn't happen to the stock ROM I can't explain.

The original Samsung battery scares me a bit. It has become 1-2 mm thicker. Looks like an accident waiting to happen. :eek: Have to dispose of safely somehow...quick...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Bud,

1-Reboot in recovery
    3-Flash cm rom
    4-Flash gapps
    5-Reboot

1-Reboot in recovery
    2-Flash cm update
    4-Reboot
    Done.