Help updating to 4.4

Search This thread

Moothead2

Jan 11, 2012
I'm looking into updating my unlocked/rooted TF201 to a 4.4.x ROM but they all seem to want me to be on version 3.6.2.4 on X or 6.3.1.3 of Y and it all gets a bit confusing. I flashed a custom ROM a year or so ago and all the information from the settings can be found below. Can anyone link me to a step by step process of getting my tablet ready to be flashed with a 4.4 ROM?

Screenshot_2014-05-18-14-44-36.jpg

I'd also like to know if anyone could recommend a nice clean 4.4 ROM that focuses on performance over bells and whistles.

Any help would be great :).

Thanks.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
I'm looking into updating my unlocked/rooted TF201 to a 4.4.x ROM but they all seem to want me to be on version 3.6.2.4 on X or 6.3.1.3 of Y and it all gets a bit confusing. I flashed a custom ROM a year or so ago and all the information from the settings can be found below. Can anyone link me to a step by step process of getting my tablet ready to be flashed with a 4.4 ROM?

Screenshot_2014-05-18-14-44-36.jpg

I'd also like to know if anyone could recommend a nice clean 4.4 ROM that focuses on performance over bells and whistles.

Any help would be great :).

Thanks.

Yes shoot me an email...

Look around my email is everywhere :)

Thx Josh

kidkreole

Jul 18, 2009
Yes shoot me an email...

Look around my email is everywhere :)

Thx Josh

Hi Guys,

would you care sharing the upgrade manual with me as well , Im still stuck at android 4.1.1. Rom and really would like to move to 4.4.

Appreciate your soonest advice,

thx Kid

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Transformer Prime TF201 met Tapatalk

kokopuphz

Nov 10, 2010
Hi Guys,

would you care sharing the upgrade manual with me as well , Im still stuck at android 4.1.1. Rom and really would like to move to 4.4.

Appreciate your soonest advice,

thx Kid

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Transformer Prime TF201 met Tapatalk

If you are on asus jelly bean, then you can flash cm11 by namidairo, or pa by voyager2k without doin anything with the bootloader.

Sent from my SO-04E using XDA Free mobile app

kidkreole

Jul 18, 2009
If you are on asus jelly bean, then you can flash cm11 by namidairo, or pa by voyager2k without doin anything with the bootloader.

Sent from my SO-04E using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks Kokopuphz

We are getting closer now ,
However I've read people succeeded installing roms for tf300t on their primes, like Omnirom and Crombi-kk for which o have been reading good reviews.

What is your experience to installing these ?

What is the process to installing one of those successfully?

Thx

Kid

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Thanks Kokopuphz

We are getting closer now ,
However I've read people succeeded installing roms for tf300t on their primes, like Omnirom and Crombi-kk for which o have been reading good reviews.

What is your experience to installing these ?

What is the process to installing one of those successfully?

Thx

Kid

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Snag onto this bootloader flash it from your current recovery... REBOOT into android

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490002899

Flash twrp 2.7 here

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407579270

Do a full format from this twrp, It may take up to 90 mins to format everything, DO NOT INTERRUPT the format..

Once formatted flash the rom you would like..

Let me know if you need any help with this

Its always a good idea before messing this much with your tablet to backup your NVflash blobs

Let me know if you need help with anything..

Thx Josh

kidkreole

Jul 18, 2009
Snag onto this bootloader flash it from your current recovery... REBOOT into android

Flash twrp 2.7 here

Do a full format from this twrp, It may take up to 90 mins to format everything, DO NOT INTERRUPT the format..

Its always a good idea before messing this much with your tablet to backup your NVflash blobs

Thx Josh

Hey Josh Thanks so much... Im updated to 4.4 !!

Reactions: lj50036

emfanitek

May 20, 2013
Stuck in a boot loop after installing Crombi-kk

Hi,

TF201 here. I can't wait to try this new rom and instill some life into this tablet of mine. The feedback looks incredible!!!

I have followed the instructions, used the latest version (to date) of crombi-kk for tf300, hairy boot loader and the updated twrp recovery.

I have formatted the system from the recovery (people say it may take a long time, it was really fast for me, not even a minute).

Then followed the (very nice indeed) installation wizard to install the ROM.

When I finally restart my tablet, i can see the 4 linux penguins, then 2 lines of text:

message length:9
preinit: starting

then it reboots into recovery after 10 seconds.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks for helping!!

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Hi,

TF201 here. I can't wait to try this new rom and instill some life into this tablet of mine. The feedback looks incredible!!!

I have followed the instructions, used the latest version (to date) of crombi-kk for tf300, hairy boot loader and the updated twrp recovery.

I have formatted the system from the recovery (people say it may take a long time, it was really fast for me, not even a minute).

Then followed the (very nice indeed) installation wizard to install the ROM.

When I finally restart my tablet, i can see the 4 linux penguins, then 2 lines of text:

message length:9
preinit: starting

then it reboots into recovery after 10 seconds.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks for helping!!

Shoot over to the CROMBi-kk Dev thread and read post #4

If you have upgraded this way and still cant get it to work

Shoot me an email @ jl52741@gmail.com

Thx Josh & Team Crombi

Jinson7

Jan 11, 2010

Flash twrp 2.7 here

Thx Josh

Hello,

I followed step 1 which formatted my sd card. I now cannot boot into Android or mount my sd card in recovery to follow your steps. Did I miss something?

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA

Top Liked Posts