[ROM] Hero CyanogenMod 7 Nightlys-Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread (2011-02-27)

Search This thread

Ganii

Mar 13, 2010
Zell i.Fichtelgebirge
Last edited:

Ganii

Mar 13, 2010
Zell i.Fichtelgebirge
CM7 Nightly ROM zip is a little bit smaller,maybe some little fixes
and updates there,but don`t know,not tested at the moment.

Nightly ROM has also the the other kernel "2.6.29.6-flykernel-12pre2"
Beta 3 has "2.6.29.6-flykernel-12a" kernel!

Last edited:

Krizp0

Jan 20, 2010
But Flykernel-12a is newer than Flykernel-12pre2, isn't it? Also, could anybody tell me how nightlies work? Is it like you get updates pushed to your device through the CyanogenMod menu, like OTA? Please explain lol :p

lynx2k50

Jan 27, 2010
Germany
Download and flash them. No OTA update (but its a great idea).
Wipes in between are not necessary but sometimes you need them.
Not every new nightly is better then the last one (performance).

1immortal

Aug 19, 2007
Petah Tiqwa
wearyour.tech
thats the one i'm running, and also tried the other one, from clockworkmod, same thing:
1. wipe EVERYTHING.
2. WIPE again.
3. flash the rom.
and .... nada, nothing.
even replaced the sd card, still same crap.
this Hero ran cronos twice, and since then... not a single 2.3 rom.
2.1, 2.2 , no probs, reflashed the radio, tried everything.
wtf ???

lynx2k50

Jan 27, 2010
Germany
thats the one i'm running, and also tried the other one, from clockworkmod, same thing:
1. wipe EVERYTHING.
2. WIPE again.
3. flash the rom.
and .... nada, nothing.
even replaced the sd card, still same crap.
this Hero ran cronos twice, and since then... not a single 2.3 rom.
2.1, 2.2 , no probs, reflashed the radio, tried everything.
wtf ???

Hmmmm maybe some are boot oc but i dont think so.
How long have you waited till you think its bootlooping? Do you only see the "HERO"-screen or do you see the bootanimation? keyboard lights are off all the time?

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
i think that my Hero doesn't like these 2.3 roms ... i've flashed few of them, none will boot.
could it be the recovery or something ?

yes, woudl be recovery and your wiping within the recovery OR it could be a previous rom or something you did while using a previous rom that has somehow messed up one or more files on the phone. there are parts of the phone's memory that can sort of seem to get stuck. I can't explain more as I have no further details other than first hand experience with this phenomenon.

wiping several times in a rom, or wiping fully (all types of wipes in recovery menu) then flashing a totally different rom (like a 2.1 sense rom) then wiping fully and flashing the rom you want to use could maybe fix it - if in fact this is the cause of your problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Started out a little light yesterday with uploading changes, has not come up yet how everything works with github but shall enter IRC tonight to get help and advice.
    Then I hope that we may resolve the question of maintainer for hero to.
    Looks like the Hero only dev on CM is dead once again :p

Now its just the CM all dev that is getting implemented.

Have sent pm to Elemag,he asked me if I wanted to be part of the team, only he responds and I get some help to get started with a couple of things,then I will send the code upstream, so that even the development of the nightly's proceeds
    Now CM7 Nightlys Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread available: :D

http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=hero

Gapps:
    gapps-gb-20110120-signed.zip from here http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

All changes to the source code, from which the nightlies are built from, are listed there.
    It is not suited for end users but hey, it´s something where you can track the current progress.
    :)

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+project:CyanogenMod/android_device_htc_hero,n,z

HTC Hero @Github
    As promised a new potential fix (two if you want to be fussy :p). This is based on the hopefully correct info found here - would be interesting to see if Mathias would finally move his ass and fix this properly in the google android code :D.

If you are running the first "try1" fix I posted on the CM forums please first revert it using this update: CM7-memory-leak-fix-untry1.zip

try2:
    CM7-memory-leak-fix-try2.zip

try3: (if try2 does not work)
    CM7-memory-leak-fix-try3.zip

You can switch between try2 and try3 directly, still if you want to undo either of them, use this: CM7-memory-leak-fix-untry23.zip

Let me know how it goes.
    I wonder if the quality of the icons in the statusbar is better since I leaved the nightly's...

Can anybody post a recent screenshot?

Many thanks!

snap20110303135705.png