[Q] How long did it take for CM 11 20140116-UNOFFICIAL (EOL) of jfbs to install?

Search This thread

theking1st

Jan 21, 2014
Hi guys. It is my first time to run cyanogenmod on my phone. I have the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 2 4G and I tried to install the CM 11 of jfbs. I did all the backups and I wiped the data and cache and installed the ROM and Gapps. But I rebooted my device and the Cyanogenmod logo appeared with the spinning arrow and it didn't want to stop spinning (or loading if you want). My phone was stuck on logo and the spinning arrow. I forced the phone to turn off and when I rebooted it I worked but after a little time it went back to the logo and the spinning arrow. I re-installed the ROM and Gapps but like before, the logo and the spinning arrow still there until now and it won't even stop and lead me to the lock screen. PLEASE can somebody tell me if it won't work or what is wrong whit it or if it is matter of time, how long should i wait? PLEASE I need to know what is going on and what to do. :crying: :(

Attachments

• WIN_20140120_150618.JPG
    WIN_20140120_150618.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 446

cars1189

Jun 6, 2009
Atlanta
Hi guys. It is my first time to run cyanogenmod on my phone. I have the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 2 4G and I tried to install the CM 11 of jfbs. I did all the backups and I wiped the data and cache and installed the ROM and Gapps. But I rebooted my device and the Cyanogenmod logo appeared with the spinning arrow and it didn't want to stop spinning (or loading if you want). My phone was stuck on logo and the spinning arrow. I forced the phone to turn off and when I rebooted it I worked but after a little time it went back to the logo and the spinning arrow. I re-installed the ROM and Gapps but like before, the logo and the spinning arrow still there until now and it won't even stop and lead me to the lock screen. PLEASE can somebody tell me if it won't work or what is wrong whit it or if it is matter of time, how long should i wait? PLEASE I need to know what is going on and what to do. :crying: :(

(as a dev for this phone)
If you could PM me with more details that would be helpful. When i hear that it continues after a reboot(not the first person to have said that) i think its that you are not waiting enough time. That may or may not be the case. I would give it a good 5 min. I have never timed mine but it does seem to me that prior android versions took about 2-3min maybe and for w.e. reason android 4.4(cm-11.0) takes a few more min. Anything over >=10min though id say is too much. In these cases the only things that can really help are logs. Logs are the only way you can show a dev what you are experiencing.

(as a xda member)
Also i would use the device thread not the general android thread, read through the rom thread of the rom you are tryng to install, and a last and final note, I would recommend that anyone that is new to install older more mature roms first. These roms will yield the best experience in most cases. Then once you are familiar you can experiment with other roms/mods etc etc.

Reactions: theking1st

theking1st

Jan 21, 2014
If you could PM me with more details that would be helpful. When i hear that it continues after a reboot(not the first person to have said that) i think its that you are not waiting enough time. That may or may not be the case. I would give it a good 5 min. I have never timed mine but it does seem to me that prior android versions took about 2-3min maybe and for w.e. reason android 4.4(cm-11.0) takes a few more min. Anything over >=10min though id say is too much. In these cases the only things that can really help are logs. Logs are the only way you can show a dev what you are experiencing.

(as a xda member)
Also i would use the device thread not the general android thread, read through the rom thread of the rom you are tryng to install, and a last and final note, I would recommend that anyone that is new to install older more mature roms first. These roms will yield the best experience in most cases. Then once you are familiar you can experiment with other roms/mods etc etc.

Thank you @cars1189 for your answer. I used the device thread to do it but the problem is, I let it spinning for more than 5 hours. I have flashed many roms in my phone since i had it (more than 10 times or more) and i know that it does not take more than 10 mins max to install. But don't worry after that i went back and restored my previous CM 9 rom and right now i'm on the CM 11 build of 1-29-14 of your CM mass thread. It works fine, not at 100% but it doesn't drain my battery like your CM 10.2 build of 1-11-14 and it is almost stable. I will try tonight to use your ADC kernel with the jfbs CM 11 rom that first didn't work for me because I saw in your thread that this kernel may help it to load and install without the spinning issue. So i will give it a shoot. But anyways thanks for your answer and it means a lot to me really. :D :good:

theking1st

Jan 21, 2014
GOOD

@cars1189 , I'm actually running the 6-18-14 build of CM11 and as far as it goes, i'm not encountering any major issue at the moment. The theme engine is working fine for me and battery life is great for my usage. I use this build as a daily driver, and it does a great job. Calls, texts, data, wifi, Bluetooth and GPS are all working. I had issues before with the amount of RAM available, but now that it has 375MB of RAM, it is more snappy. Just :good: Thank you for your work on our to make our phone still valuable today!! THANKS MAN!!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

(as a xda member)