[Q] ART vs Dalvik runtime

Search This thread

ryanjsoo

Dec 25, 2011
Sydney
Since speed was never really a problem with this phone, ART has little to no benefit, it takes up about a gig or so and has poor compatibility with many apps. From my testing, around a quarter of my apps fc, blinkfeed was maybe a tad smoother, the rest of the system was already butter smooth, so far, not worth the trouble, not to mention it breaks xposed, in the future it may be worth looking into as theoretically it is better than dalkvik.

Reactions: jonathan413

Pyrres

Mar 31, 2014
Art enabled from the get go. No problems for me. Have used it on my last Sgs4 and Nexus5 with only good effects.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Onem8

Apr 5, 2014
Running and it works great. Not any problem but the speed is the same i think. Not any difference.

gtofan350

Oct 14, 2013
So doesn't sound line much of a reason to switch to it yet. I was just curious since I've haven't had a device that could run ART. My N7 2012 can't run ART.

Chartist

Jan 14, 2010
I had one or two forced closes with no noticable change to performance. I'm going to wait till it Google make it the default.

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
ART is definitely smoother and snappier than dalvik. Apps load much faster because they are precompiled. Should be few issues if any. I have personally tested over 75 apps, all worked fine.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

weepatc

Oct 25, 2008
Ayrshire
ART Doesn't work nice with Rdio which is my music service. To be honest I didn't notice any great performance boost so I'm happy to wait until it comes out of beta & Google use it as default.

cc999

Aug 4, 2011
Art

Since speed was never really a problem with this phone, ART has little to no benefit, it takes up about a gig or so and has poor compatibility with many apps. From my testing, around a quarter of my apps fc, blinkfeed was maybe a tad smoother, the rest of the system was already butter smooth, so far, not worth the trouble, not to mention it breaks xposed, in the future it may be worth looking into as theoretically it is better than dalkvik.

Can you go back and forth between Art and Dalvik with no issues?

CC

sameer1807

Dec 7, 2011
After enabling art, nova launcher wouldn't work.. And I didn't really notice a big speed increase

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

magestic1995

Jun 18, 2011
It was stated that on devices that are high end and very recent that the performance increases would be very minimal they would be more noticable on phone that were running slow. So other than that the other benefit is that it increases battery life mainly in standby. Such as while its just sitting in your pocket with dalvik the battery would drain more than if it was running ART

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.