[Q] CyanogenMod nightly for N5 4.4.2 doesn't have transparent status bar and nav bar?

Search This thread

pyrogoggles

Dec 12, 2013
I installed the last Nightly of CyanogenMod, and there was an issue with the nav bar and status bar. In Android 4.4.2. and all of the screenshots I've seen of CM on Nexus 5s, I've never seen an issue with someone not having the transparent status bar and nav bar. Is there a way I can fix this, or do I need to install the Snapshot instead? Thanks.

Also, to install any ROMs, I've only booted into a custom recovery. I've never completely installed a custom recovery, as I had some problems with it not letting me mount to USB-OTG. If someone knows how to fix this too, please help.

JJMT

Sep 17, 2010
I installed the last Nightly of CyanogenMod, and there was an issue with the nav bar and status bar. In Android 4.4.2. and all of the screenshots I've seen of CM on Nexus 5s, I've never seen an issue with someone not having the transparent status bar and nav bar. Is there a way I can fix this, or do I need to install the Snapshot instead? Thanks.

Regarding the status bar, I really have no idea, but I have some experience with CM-based roms on a different device, and I would suggest that you look in the build.prop file and see if ro.config.low_ram is set to "true". If it is set that way, change it to "false". That may enable the parts of the framework that include the transparent status bar.

pyrogoggles

Dec 12, 2013
Regarding the status bar, I really have no idea, but I have some experience with CM-based roms on a different device, and I would suggest that you look in the build.prop file and see if ro.config.low_ram is set to "true". If it is set that way, change it to "false". That may enable the parts of the framework that include the transparent status bar.

I meant to mention that besides it not being transparent, it had the normal 4.3 black background, however, the black background has a smaller margin and the icons at the top were at the VERY bottom of the margin on that box.

Carloskeee

Sep 4, 2013
San Diego, CA
I meant to mention that besides it not being transparent, it had the normal 4.3 black background, however, the black background has a smaller margin and the icons at the top were at the VERY bottom of the margin on that box.

Are you using apex? I had this problem and icouldn't figure out why. turns out it was the CM11 Wallpapers. Try using a different wallpaper. It will be fully transparent. That fixed it for me anyway. Goodluck.

pyrogoggles

Dec 12, 2013
Are you using apex? I had this problem and icouldn't figure out why. turns out it was the CM11 Wallpapers. Try using a different wallpaper. It will be fully transparent. That fixed it for me anyway. Goodluck.

Ah, I see. I do not use Apex either, I freaking love GEL and will not get rid of it. When I get home, I'll reflash Cyanogen with the CM installer and I'll fix this. Thanks very much, buddy.

pyrogoggles

Dec 12, 2013
I got it all fixed now. I'm probably not keeping CM11, as I've found some ROMs on here that look really good.

J

justinisloco

I got it all fixed now. I'm probably not keeping CM11, as I've found some ROMs on here that look really good.

Maybe it was their wallpaper selection.
Unfortunately, alot of the wallpapers on the selection are not big enough to crop well to the screen... That is why it looks like they aren't translucent

And the CM11 installer is, unfortunately one of the reasons for that as well, its made to work across multiple devices, including ones not with softkeys...

Last edited: