[Q] Stuck in boot, need help

Search This thread

DanRioja

Apr 7, 2012
London
www.danrioja.com
Hello,

I'm looking for help as I have exhausted all of my search on google and xda developers and the answer doesn't seem to be there. I'm afraid I might be unable to get out of this one.

I have a huawei ascend P6-U06 I bought it and it came with the international firmware, I had rooted it and flashed miui v5 into my phone, everything was fine but one thing, I was unable to use themer, so about 3 days ago I finally decided to flash omni rom.

I downloaded omni rom and installed CWM recovery and once into the system I selected the zip from my sd card and flashed it, only to find that the phone would not go pass the first screen (stuck in boot and could not be shutdown or anything)

Since I did not do a TWRP recovery (and I don't know how, I'm just a beginner) I was unable to do anything other than the "3 button method" so I looked and found that I could put the UPDATE.APP file on the dload folder and it should work, so I tried it and the UPDATE.APP firmware version is the B125, all good I think this was the Chinese version but it had English and other languages as well, but Chinese seemed to be the main one.

Anyways I had the phone back and it did an update, after the update everything was working fine, I deleted the dload file from the sd card, also I saw that the "system" or the phone itself created a dload file on the internal storage but then once I had themer on the phone I saw myself that I hated the emotion ui and in the first place that was the reason I had put miui into my phone, I still wanted to try omni rom and persistently I tried a second time.

Now this time since I already new that I could just do the dload thingy I thought (what could happen) so I tried again with CWM to flash the omni rom (the latest version) but it gave me an error saying something like the installation was aborted or something like that.

So I went back to having the phone stuck in boot, I put the B125 UPDATE.APP and created a dload folder on the sd card, but when doing the "3 button method" the system gave me an error, I tried downloading the B122 and the B132 and also the B510 but although I have put the UPDATE.APP on the dload folder it just doesn't do it's magic like it previously did.

Now I don't really have money to buy another phone, if I did I would just buy another one (I like the p7) but I don't so I need to fix this issue otherwise I don't have a phone.

Please help me, I'd appreciate if you can do your best explaining as I'm dumb in this matter, (just a beginner as said before) Also I'm attaching a picture of the error message being received when entering the system recovery through the "3 button method"

Thanks for all of your time, I DO appreciate your help and if you have any questions please just ask! I really need to fix this! :D

Attachments

• Z74lrOM.jpg
    Z74lrOM.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 129

taaeem

Feb 22, 2014
Hamburg
Hello,

I'm looking for help as I have exhausted all of my search on google and xda developers and the answer doesn't seem to be there. I'm afraid I might be unable to get out of this one.

I have a huawei ascend P6-U06 I bought it and it came with the international firmware, I had rooted it and flashed miui v5 into my phone, everything was fine but one thing, I was unable to use themer, so about 3 days ago I finally decided to flash omni rom.

I downloaded omni rom and installed CWM recovery and once into the system I selected the zip from my sd card and flashed it, only to find that the phone would not go pass the first screen (stuck in boot and could not be shutdown or anything)

Since I did not do a TWRP recovery (and I don't know how, I'm just a beginner) I was unable to do anything other than the "3 button method" so I looked and found that I could put the UPDATE.APP file on the dload folder and it should work, so I tried it and the UPDATE.APP firmware version is the B125, all good I think this was the Chinese version but it had English and other languages as well, but Chinese seemed to be the main one.

Anyways I had the phone back and it did an update, after the update everything was working fine, I deleted the dload file from the sd card, also I saw that the "system" or the phone itself created a dload file on the internal storage but then once I had themer on the phone I saw myself that I hated the emotion ui and in the first place that was the reason I had put miui into my phone, I still wanted to try omni rom and persistently I tried a second time.

Now this time since I already new that I could just do the dload thingy I thought (what could happen) so I tried again with CWM to flash the omni rom (the latest version) but it gave me an error saying something like the installation was aborted or something like that.

So I went back to having the phone stuck in boot, I put the B125 UPDATE.APP and created a dload folder on the sd card, but when doing the "3 button method" the system gave me an error, I tried downloading the B122 and the B132 and also the B510 but although I have put the UPDATE.APP on the dload folder it just doesn't do it's magic like it previously did.

Now I don't really have money to buy another phone, if I did I would just buy another one (I like the p7) but I don't so I need to fix this issue otherwise I don't have a phone.

Please help me, I'd appreciate if you can do your best explaining as I'm dumb in this matter, (just a beginner as said before) Also I'm attaching a picture of the error message being received when entering the system recovery through the "3 button method"

Thanks for all of your time, I DO appreciate your help and if you have any questions please just ask! I really need to fix this! :D
So first of all DON'T ever use CWM on our phone because its not really good to use! Always use TWRP.
Than second when you want to install a KK ROM like OMNI you have to update first via update.app to a KK firmware, then install TWRP and so on. This is all described in the first post in the OMNI thread.
Third and this is your problem now you have an modified build.prop in your ROM so the recovery will not update you have to push an stock unmodified build.prop via fastboot, that's the only method I think. How to push that with fastboot there you will find something on google.
Good luck

adipaval

Mar 17, 2014
cluj napoca
try this

Hello,

hi there. try to boot with adb shell in fastboot mode.
if you have b111,125,132,118 etc you need twrp for jelly bean.
after that install twrp recovery and wipe system, data, cache, dalvik.
then reinstall stock recovery also via fastboot and then you can install update.app from dload.

if you want omni you have to update to official b510 because it repartitions your device, then flash omni via twrp.
don't use cwm again

Reactions: DanRioja

DanRioja

Apr 7, 2012
London
www.danrioja.com
then reinstall stock recovery also via fastboot and then you can install update.app from dload.

if you want omni you have to update to official b510 because it repartitions your device, then flash omni via twrp.
don't use cwm again

Hey thank you for the quick response, could you send me a link with the steps? as I said before I'm really just a beginner so I don't understand much, I mean I don't know what adb shell is, and how to enter the fastboot mode. I'd appreciate if you could help me with that!

adipaval

Mar 17, 2014
cluj napoca
try this

sorry for the late response, i've been very busy.

you must have hisuite installed because you need the drivers.
so first you have to put your phone in download mode. you do this by starting your phone with vol down pressed. (it will remain on the ascend logo) and in windows you should see a quick removable device.

you need twrp recovery for jelly bean from here (the twrp2.6.x.x. IMG file ) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2534420

put the downloaded twrp2.6.3.3.img file in the folder which you'll extract from the attached zip of this post

in the fastboot folder shif+right click - start command windows here

type adb reboot bootloader - it will start the service then display error device not founde
type fastboot flash recovery "and the nameof the recovery ex. twrp2.6.3.3.img" - it should sai ok
safely remove device from windows and reboot your phone.

then you should be able to boot in twrp and clear system, data, cache, dalvik cache. this will let your phone without an operating system so either you install a custom jelly bean or put via twrp the stock recovery back (you cand find on the same page linked above) and then install stock jelly bean via dload folder.

P.S. from what I see in your screenshot, did you put an update.zip in hwouc folder on sdcard? hwouc is the folder where phone saves updates downloaded via ota then installs them from recovery.
are you sure you put update.APP in dload folder?

hope I helped

Attachments

• howto.jpg
    howto.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 92
  • fastboot.zip
    555.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Reactions: DanRioja

DanRioja

Apr 7, 2012
London
www.danrioja.com

so first you have to put your phone in download mode. you do this by starting your phone with vol down pressed. (it will remain on the ascend logo) and in windows you should see a quick removable device.

you need twrp recovery for jelly bean from here (the twrp2.6.x.x. IMG file ) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2534420

put the downloaded twrp2.6.3.3.img file in the folder which you'll extract from the attached zip of this post

type adb reboot bootloader - it will start the service then display error device not founde
type fastboot flash recovery "and the nameof the recovery ex. twrp2.6.3.3.img" - it should sai ok

then you should be able to boot in twrp and clear system, data, cache, dalvik cache. this will let your phone without an operating system so either you install a custom jelly bean or put via twrp the stock recovery back (you cand find on the same page linked above) and then install stock jelly bean via dload folder.

P.S. from what I see in your screenshot, did you put an update.zip in hwouc folder on sdcard? hwouc is the folder where phone saves updates downloaded via ota then installs them from recovery.

hope I helped

Hey, I was trying to follow the instructions, but somehow this is not working, I mean the hisuite is stock searching the drivers and once I type adb reboot bootloader it just says not found. but doesn't do anything.

As for the screenshot I found it online, it's the closest thing to the error presented, but I did put the UPDATE.APP on the dload folder :p

The error I get first it gives me some sort of error which disappears once the Android system recovery menu comes up. then the only thing I'm able to see says:

Checking Module MD5RSA.. OK
Checking Module CRC.... OK
Checking Module CURVER.... OK
Checking Module VERLIST....
Huawei SD card update fail.....
cust copying files...
copy cust files successed!

===================
FAIL
===================

EDIT: I'm updating the actual picture of the error received.

Attachments

• IMG_20140702_203553.jpg
    IMG_20140702_203553.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

DanRioja

Apr 7, 2012
London
www.danrioja.com
i downloaded zip from before to be sure.
i see in my console that it runs as administrator, i think that's the reason why yours is not working.

I have a question, could it have something to do with the drivers not being installed? I mean I installed the hi-suite but it never installed the drivers, so I'm wondering if that could be the reason, or could it be due to the phone not booting and not having TWRP?

DanRioja

Apr 7, 2012
London
www.danrioja.com
I have a question, could it have something to do with the drivers not being installed? I mean I installed the hi-suite but it never installed the drivers, so I'm wondering if that could be the reason, or could it be due to the phone not booting and not having TWRP?

EDIT: I'm uploading the picture, I tried with administrator, still not working.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    15 KB · Views: 49

adipaval

Mar 17, 2014
cluj napoca
If it says device not found it means adb started but cannot find device.
It is ok because in download mode you cannot enable usb debugging so that adb sees it but if you type to flash the twrp.img it should work. At least on mine it did

Be sure you started phone in download mode by powering it on with vol down pressed. Press it longer just to be sure

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using XDA Free mobile app

DanRioja

Apr 7, 2012
London
www.danrioja.com
If it says device not found it means adb started but cannot find device.
It is ok because in download mode you cannot enable usb debugging so that adb sees it but if you type to flash the twrp.img it should work. At least on mine it did

Be sure you started phone in download mode by powering it on with vol down pressed. Press it longer just to be sure

Hmm it's weird, I tried to skip the first step " adb reboot bootloader" and went to the second step, this is what I got (check the picture)

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 71

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hmm it's weird, I tried to skip the first step " adb reboot bootloader" and went to the second step, this is what I got (check the picture)

Hello !

Please follow this steps from here !

Because adb not working, you can put your device in bootloader mode manually : press and keep at the same time for about 10~15 sec. power button and volume down , now your device are in bootloader mode and you can use "fastboot" command to flash stock/twrp recovery !

If your device was on Android JB you must use stock/twrp forAndroid JB, else if your device was on Android KitKat you must use stock/twrp for Android KitKat .

The next time when you want to flash something in your device please do your research more - because here on XDA you have almost all the answers to every question - sure, you need to spend some time to read - and not ultimately you can ask , if you are not 100% sure what to do ;)

Good luck !

DanRioja

Apr 7, 2012
London
www.danrioja.com
Hello !

Please follow this steps from here !

Because adb not working, you can put your device in bootloader mode manually : press and keep at the same time for about 10~15 sec. power button and volume down , now your device are in bootloader mode and you can use "fastboot" command to flash stock/twrp recovery !

If your device was on Android JB you must use stock/twrp forAndroid JB, else if your device was on Android KitKat you must use stock/twrp for Android KitKat .

The next time when you want to flash something in your device please do your research more - because here on XDA you have almost all the answers to every question - sure, you need to spend some time to read - and not ultimately you can ask , if you are not 100% sure what to do ;)

Good luck !

I'm going to give it a try. thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try this

Hello,

don't use cwm again
    try this

hope I helped
    Not found as in command not found or what? Post print screen please

Did you see that you wrote abd instead of adb?

mine is working

My bad, although with adb is still not working lol.

i downloaded zip from before to be sure.
    i see in my console that it runs as administrator, i think that's the reason why yours is not working.