[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RoxAbout

Sep 13, 2010
Climax, Ks.
oddness

Did Clean install twice one with the extra script once without. Wifi worked fine and 2g worked fine. No 3g data, phone calls worked even with no bars showing. Also no mms [sending a picture in a txt msg]

I used the included kernel. kb5 radio.....
never had this before.
Ideas to try would be helpful.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Feature Dev Help

I am looking to add these to ASS and i need volunteers who can help code this
  • Install Apps hosted in my server
  • Select, Flash one or more cwm zip files from it

I have some ideas and basic code to build up on. if you can, PM me.
cheers

gregc2009

Aug 12, 2010
Battery life. Lite-normal use.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-03-13-10-18-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-03-13-10-18-14.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 299

mmfxda

Dec 10, 2010
Battery life

I think I figured out why do I have bad battery life threw lots of trial and errors.

I believe the phone is constantly closing apps and these apps will just keeps on starting and that starts a vicious cycle that drains the battery.

By dropping the value of minfree memory in performance to 25 MB and consistently clearing recently used apps, I got it to improve battery.

Any other thoughts and recommendation?

Screwhead24

Mar 20, 2011
Ok I just flashed this ROM and everything is good but I cant seem to download apps from the market. It just says starting download.... Any info?

c-pimp

Jun 24, 2006
Oswego
Ok I just flashed this ROM and everything is good but I cant seem to download apps from the market. It just says starting download.... Any info?

Had that happen once, re flash everything and try again... Are you changing density or kernel? Try stock first then fix density if you do then check market, then kernel after all that if you change that

EDIT: had it happen again at random, I had to try a few times to change LCD density and that fixed it... Not sure what broke it but you don't have to reinstall which is good to know :)
Also I'm using glitch kernel and lagfree v2 init.d script .. Working great!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: Screwhead24

MV10

Jul 16, 2010
FL
I think I figured out something. It looks like if I leave GPS turned on but i am not using it, that is when I get the major battery drain. Battery stats does show that the OS is getting the majority of the juice when GPS is on. When I had GPS off, I got about 26 hours per charge with WIFI on and data is set to 2g only.

Download DevTools+ and see whether GPS has a Partial Wakelock. I have that problem on Neobuddy's Passion, which is why I'm looking around for a different ICS to try, and the battery-life reports on this one sure are looking interesting...

MV10

Jul 16, 2010
FL
Fast, smooth install... fast, smooth ROM. Wow.

I sure hope my battery life is as good as everyone else is reporting -- but even if it isn't, I like everything else so far!

LoGiK915

Nov 5, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa
battery icon

First off great rom. Super snappy and responsive. Only problem, if u can call it that, that I am having is when I try to hide the battery icon in ASS settings/Battery it never actually hides. The other options(text only,icon only...) work fine just not the hide option. Any help would b appreciated. Thanks and keep up the good work.

MV10

Jul 16, 2010
FL
Every Android should have an ASS.

Any chance we could get a Hot Spot toggle added? I have to switch on Hot Spot almost daily so my biz partner can jump online during lunch (poor WiFi coverage around here), and it was great to have it readily available in Passion.

Also, CPUSpy shows time at 100MHz even though ASS Performance says 200MHz is the minimum...?

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Every Android should have an ASS.

Any chance we could get a Hot Spot toggle added? I have to switch on Hot Spot almost daily so my biz partner can jump online during lunch (poor WiFi coverage around here), and it was great to have it readily available in Passion.

Also, CPUSpy shows time at 100MHz even though ASS Performance says 200MHz is the minimum...?

HotSpot toggle, not on the priority list now, sorry plus i don't think Rom COntrol source has it, my base is that.

I can set CPU to 100 MHz via ASS :p and it works fine.

RoxAbout

Sep 13, 2010
Climax, Ks.
Is there a patch to get MMS working?

I cant send picture messages or recieve them!
texts send ok.

Is there a fix to get 3g data working?

Cant get 3g data/.:| bars never shows up or works,
just 2g and wifi working.

other than this works great!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^666
I fixed all of the above by installing the Sub Zero kernel v1.0 build 18-bfs_led_bln
everything is working just fine now!

mms...txt..e..g..2g..3g..h..wifi..

just awesome!

ty ty ty ty ty !!!!!

This one is a daily keeper now that Its working with mms/3g data

oh and ps. I had the right apn set... I didnt have simple set...turns out was a kernel problem

at least for me

Last edited:

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Is there a patch to get MMS working?

I cant send picture messages or recieve them!
texts send ok.

Is there a fix to get 3g data working?

Cant get 3g data/.:| bars never shows up or works,
just 2g and wifi working.

other than this works great!

C'mon mate, MMS has been working since 2.8 just fine. I haven't heard issues regarding 3G data, some had odd issues with 4G, never with 3G.

MV10

Jul 16, 2010
FL
HotSpot toggle, not on the priority list now, sorry plus i don't think Rom COntrol source has it, my base is that.

I can set CPU to 100 MHz via ASS :p and it works fine.

Not the end of the world, I can put a Hot Spot widget on my desktop.

I meant the 200 MHz is currently selected as the minimum ASS I should be getting :D but CPUSpy says it dials down to 100 MHz anyway. The ASS setting doesn't seem to be applied (and it was set to 200 MHz out of the box -- unless that was carried over from when I was running Passion, maybe?)

StrongerLiu

Dec 7, 2004
Is it possible to change dpi to normal? Becase I use lcd density modder to change to 120, but system ui always fc. Can someone help me? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    reserved for future use
    4.2 Released

Read Changelog carefully. I am off for a mini vacation. Cheers. Do consider donation if/when you can. Have fun.
    2.8 Released

Check 2nd post of SGS thread ( usual place) for details and download links. Lots of effort but managed to get a common base across Nexus and Galaxy S Phones. Have fun guys, hit thanks and consider donation. Cheers. Past midnight here.Bed time.
    3.6 Released, Have fun.