[recoverys][sgh-t679][cwm touch + non-touch][twrp]

Search This thread

cars1189

Jun 6, 2009
Atlanta
Is there anyway I can get back normal recovery? I flashed the touchscreen ZIP and now I can't select any option

Sent from my slim_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

The touch version works the same as normal recovery just use the physical/virtual buttons to make your selections.

Also just thorwing it out there if anyone ever has any problems with a recovery if you can still get into the rom, terminal dd if=/(name and location of recovery.img) of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 and no () in that.

This goes for any img you can find all the partitions in Jocalas thread here.

Last edited:

KindleUser

Dec 7, 2012
It doesn't matter if you agree or not the guy made it so who cares.... neither one of you had to go around to every thread spamming it....its pointless

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

What are you complaining about? When Jocala made a new version of CWM every time, he always went to almost every thread and spammed the link to it, so next time you accuse me of being the only one who spams, go check the forums, or don't even talk.

smartguy044

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 3, 2012
North Carolina
Dude I wasn't here when he scammed but all you gotta do is make a thread and people will see it.....you don't see cam core or myself going to every thread every time we release something do you? And before you go around telling people who actually contribute useful stuff to the community not to say anything etc how about you actually go do something other then make a collective ROM thread

Reactions: det0xx and detdett

Buddy3927

Jun 8, 2012
Mijas
Dude I wasn't here when he scammed but all you gotta do is make a thread and people will see it.....you don't see cam core or myself going to every thread every time we release something do you? And before you go around telling people who actually contribute useful stuff to the community not to say anything etc how about you actually go do something other then make a collective ROM thread

Has anyone other than me realized none of the Galaxy Exhibit threads had this type of bickering when Jocala was active? Just another reason to miss him. And while I'm on my soap box, if someone asks something that bothers you, who is making you answer? There are three or four people on these threads who tick me off with their mundane and immaterial comments on many posts but I don't flame them for their stupidity. None of us have to do that.

detdett

Dec 6, 2011

+1. Cam did it, you did it too, smartguy. BUT! The difference was you and cam had "new" information (new rom, new kernel version) , not something that is a repeat of what has already been made. (roms links are all organized in the "development" thread

Sent from my slim_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

det0xx

Jul 14, 2012
Riverside

On point! everybody needs to stop scamming. If youre really interested youll go check out other peoples work. Ive been here since jocola was active and he promoted new things. But thats it. Its normal. Just stop spamming with the "..." and the bs. This is a developement thread. Get what you need, say youre thanks, report your troubles and get out. dont create drama

smartguy044

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 3, 2012
North Carolina
ok guy this is old carry on

yo cars i have been searching around for more info on make cwm touch and i honestly cant find any good guides our anything on how to do it....if you are really interested in making it happen you may need to look through a few guys github and compare their sources to reg cwm etc and just be ready for some trial and error but this is how we learn how to do new things

cars1189

Jun 6, 2009
Atlanta
ok guy this is old carry on

yo cars i have been searching around for more info on make cwm touch and i honestly cant find any good guides our anything on how to do it....if you are really interested in making it happen you may need to look through a few guys github and compare their sources to reg cwm etc and just be ready for some trial and error but this is how we learn how to do new things

Yea i looked, i found someone that said they would help. They already gave me a hint as to what to do but theres more to be done. Ill be working on it a bit.

Reactions: meekrawb

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
No. For example, you can start with a stock phone out of the box. Flash Clockworkmod recovery, then make a nandroid backup of your phone.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. That's what I did and it worked. I have two backups now one before rooted and one after. I guess it makes no difference, right?

ticojpunk

Aug 29, 2011
New City, NY
Thanks. That's what I did and it worked. I have two backups now one before rooted and one after. I guess it makes no difference, right?

Well, if you ever want to go back to just plain old, non-rooted ROM (for example if you want to sell the phone) it's good to have that first backup.

It can be helpful to have multiple backups for obvious reasons. Probably a good idea to write down the date/filename and some notes about the backup in a notebook or something, seeing as the backup file names really don't describe anything about the backup other than when it was made. I always forget to make notes and I lose track eventually, and always wish I'd done it.

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
Well, if you ever want to go back to just plain old, non-rooted ROM (for example if you want to sell the phone) it's good to have that first backup.

It can be helpful to have multiple backups for obvious reasons. Probably a good idea to write down the date/filename and some notes about the backup in a notebook or something, seeing as the backup file names really don't describe anything about the backup other than when it was made. I always forget to make notes and I lose track eventually, and always wish I'd done it.

Thanks for the reminder, I will throw in a small text file with file name describing what it is. :)

Top Liked Posts