[ROM][DEV][4.4][UNOFFICAL] CM11 Development Project

Search This thread

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
This didn't work. Looking at the forum for the Nook Color, it looks like roomservice.xml is preferred over local_manifest.xml. I wasn't able to get cm-11.0 to compile for the Nook until I renamed the manifest file. Could this be the issue?

roomservice is for breakfest, not brunch
I have no idea what is going on with your stuff

Update on my stuff: I need to reconfig my VM server...might have it done this weekend
So, I should be able to start building this weekend

LOGMD

Jun 22, 2010
London

Update on my stuff: I need to reconfig my VM server...might have it done this weekend

Nice, im over from the Xoom forum we share the same Tegra 2 Processor! have you experienced any problems with the NVidia Drivers and the Kernel?

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
Tons with anything over gingerbread, so KitKat is gonna be just as bad.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Haven't even gotten a successful build of KK yet (Would help if I got my VM going...been working on my Android app recently)

I should look into the TF101 my friend has....that's also a Tegra 2, but unlocked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haven't even gotten a successful build of KK yet (Would help if I got my VM going...been working on my Android app recently)

I should look into the TF101 my friend has....that's also a Tegra 2, but unlocked

a successful build is gonna take awhile one way or another. trying to build kitkat for the tf may give us some idea of what going on with tegra 2 devices by looking at the different logs while its building and while its running.

thelangosta

Not much going on right now for the tf. Timduru was working on it but, ran into problems and stopped for now. I think a couple guys are trying to get Omni 4.4 to build and are having issues with that as well. OG Xoom is Tegra 2 too.

I have a x2 sitting in a drawer that is pretty much a paper weight. It won't boot past the Dual Core screen. I SBF'd it using rsdlite and the linux method but it still gets stuck.

Good luck with KK.:thumbup:

Sent from my Transformer TF101

ultravioletnanokitty

Jan 2, 2012
Denver, CO
Note: THIS IS A DEV thread, not a "I WANT THIS ROM NAU" thread

Local Manifest
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>

<remote name="photon"
fetch="git://github.com/photon-dev-team/" />

<!-- CM Removals -->
<!-- remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base" / -->
<!-- remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_system_core" / -->
<!-- remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cm" / -->

<!-- CM Replacements -->
<!-- project path="frameworks/base" name="dragonzkiller/android_frameworks_base" / -->
<!-- project path="system/core" name="dragonzkiller/android_system_core" / -->
<!-- project path="vendor/cm" name="dragonzkiller/android_vendor_cm" / -->

<!-- Photon-Dev-Team Stuff -->
<project path="vendor/moto" name="proprietary_vendor_motorola" remote="photon" />

<!-- Local Projects -->
<project path="kernel/tegra" name="dragonzkiller/daytona-kernel" revision="gb-2.6.32.9" />
<project path="device/moto/daytona" name="iPonyRadio/android_device_moto_daytona" revision="jellybean" />
<project path="vendor/moto/daytona" name="dragonzkiller/android_vendor_moto_daytona" revision="ics" />

</manifest>

Alright, so if you want to help, make sure you have a properly setup CM build enviornment
Code:
mkdir cm11
cd cm11
repo init -u https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b "cm-11.0"
mkdir .repo/local_manifests/
curl -L -o .repo/local_manifests/daytona.xml -O - L https://raw.guthub.com/iPonyRadio/android_local_daytona/ics/local_manifest.xml
repo sync (this will take a while)
. build/envsetup.sh
brunch daytona

i'm not entirely sure, but i strongly suspect that even the newest kernel available for this device does not have selinux enabled, and as it's a locked bootloader device i don't see any way to get it working without a newer kernel booted through kexec. this matters because in kitkat selinux support becomes mandatory and i don't think you'll find any elegant solution to turn it off. my opinion is that cm10.1 and 10.2 are much wiser versions to pursue.

whatever happened to the kexec project for this device? when i was on the dx2 (right as ics came out) there was a flurry of work to get that up and running... with the widespread successes on other motorola devices, i think that's more viable than anything to get newer software working right on this poor phone.

Reactions: LordCashern
i'm not entirely sure, but i strongly suspect that even the newest kernel available for this device does not have selinux enabled, and as it's a locked bootloader device i don't see any way to get it working without a newer kernel booted through kexec. this matters because in kitkat selinux support becomes mandatory and i don't think you'll find any elegant solution to turn it off. my opinion is that cm10.1 and 10.2 are much wiser versions to pursue.

whatever happened to the kexec project for this device? when i was on the dx2 (right as ics came out) there was a flurry of work to get that up and running... with the widespread successes on other motorola devices, i think that's more viable than anything to get newer software working right on this poor phone.

The problem with the kexec is that there are no binaries compiled to properly work on the tegra 2. That and for the mx2 there isn't anyone who can tear apart the CDT.bin and find the memory locations for the kernel injection point on the memory. Without that done in the proper format were not gonna get anywhere.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI

Well, I honestly dropped all my dev work over the week of finals, so that was that

Yeah, KitKat seems less and less obtainable the more I look at it
SELinux is a pain in the ass

As you said, there WAS a push to get kexec running
Dragonzkiller was the last dev to really even...well...work with this phone, and he never posted anything, from what I can tell, about a working, or even semi working port

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This didn't work. Looking at the forum for the Nook Color, it looks like roomservice.xml is preferred over local_manifest.xml. I wasn't able to get cm-11.0 to compile for the Nook until I renamed the manifest file. Could this be the issue?

Note: THIS IS A DEV thread, not a "I WANT THIS ROM NAU" thread

Local Manifest
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>

<remote name="photon"
    fetch="git://github.com/photon-dev-team/" />

<!-- CM Removals -->
    <!-- remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base" / -->
    <!-- remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_system_core" / -->
    <!-- remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cm" / -->

<!-- CM Replacements -->
    <!-- project path="frameworks/base" name="dragonzkiller/android_frameworks_base" / -->
    <!-- project path="system/core" name="dragonzkiller/android_system_core" / -->
    <!-- project path="vendor/cm" name="dragonzkiller/android_vendor_cm" / -->

<!-- Photon-Dev-Team Stuff -->
    <project path="vendor/moto" name="proprietary_vendor_motorola" remote="photon" />

<!-- Local Projects -->
    <project path="kernel/tegra" name="dragonzkiller/daytona-kernel" revision="gb-2.6.32.9" />
    <project path="device/moto/daytona" name="iPonyRadio/android_device_moto_daytona" revision="jellybean" />
    <project path="vendor/moto/daytona" name="dragonzkiller/android_vendor_moto_daytona" revision="ics" />

</manifest>

Alright, so if you want to help, make sure you have a properly setup CM build enviornment
    Code:
    mkdir cm11
    cd cm11
    repo init -u https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b "cm-11.0"
    mkdir .repo/local_manifests/
    curl -L -o .repo/local_manifests/daytona.xml -O - L https://raw.guthub.com/iPonyRadio/android_local_daytona/ics/local_manifest.xml
    repo sync (this will take a while)
    . build/envsetup.sh
    brunch daytona
    Tried PM-ing him long ago, still nothing back...

he didnt really ever like PM's...
    this thread makes me wish i didnt trade the dx2 in for the 5$ at verizon when i bought my gnex lol...or id try and give this all a shot and see what could be done..best of luck friends
    Yeah, I figured
    And the Nexi will always be a better device than the X2

Also...I've decided to take baby steps towards cm11...I'm working on 10.1 right now
    I got it to a point where I need a boot-hijack.zip....I see nothing about one anywhere...

give me one sec i think i might no where there is one
    EDIT: http://d-h.st/1jF :credit to Bluphant
    here you go buddy,this is made specifically for cm10.1 already,so that might help a lil,ill try and help you find you anything you need ,i just dont have a test device lol:)
    Nice, im over from the Xoom forum we share the same Tegra 2 Processor! have you experienced any problems with the NVidia Drivers and the Kernel?

Tons with anything over gingerbread, so KitKat is gonna be just as bad.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app