Random random reboots.

Search This thread

blu422

Jun 12, 2012
Bountiful, UT
So I bought this phone used and it would randomly reboot and so I installed 4.4.2. But that didn't solve it so I ran the Viper RUU and then flashed it back to 4.4.2 and that still doesn't solve . Two curious things: when I bought it it came with a locked bootloader but s off and when it boots up it says for development use only. And now it won't boot at all I might be able to get it to boot temporarily though if I'm lucky. Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Sounds like the previous owner may have had issues, ran a RUU & got rid of it. Running a RUU would put the bootloader back to being locked, even with it being S-off. It's hard to say what the issue could be, honestly. The red development disclaimer you're referring to when the phone boots up is normal on a rooted device. I'm almost wondering if the battery could be at fault, particularly since you say you can't get the phone to boot at all now. Will the phone charge at all?

Sent from my EVO LTE

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
I had a similar problem using the 4.4 roms. So since then I have just been using the older roms waiting until the new ones get the issues ironed out.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

blu422

Jun 12, 2012
Bountiful, UT
It was giving me trouble on pure stock too so I don't think that's the problem it could be the battery though how difficult is it to replace that?

blu422

Jun 12, 2012
Bountiful, UT
Phone will now charge and boot but it is still really fussy with reboots and getting it to boot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hit the top link in my sig. The link is at the bottom of the first post.

Sent from my EVO LTE