[Q] Does the M8 have a notification LED?

Search This thread

Redline80

Oct 24, 2012
Good to know. I was comparing it to my Note2 on PhoneArena and they didnt list that as a feature. I was thinking it didnt have it and how much I hated that on my Droid Charge(?). Thanks for the info.

It's really small though. I'm coming from the Droid Razr HD so I'm used to the nice light that phone had. This one is harder to see.

Troden

Nov 19, 2009
Oi Oi Oi
RGB LED Control Support?

Hey Guys,

Does the M8 support multiple color LED notifications, ie Blue for Facebook, White for SMS, Pink for e-Mail etc?

Generally you need to have Root and installed some Apk/app like 'LightFlow' from the play store.

Such a small feature but a big impact for me to be able to tell what notifications there are from a distance or in a meeting with out waking up the phone.

Im keen to buy a HTC M8 tomorrow if it supports this, if not ill wait for the S5 next week.

replica9000

May 31, 2009
Hey Guys,

Does the M8 support multiple color LED notifications, ie Blue for Facebook, White for SMS, Pink for e-Mail etc?

Generally you need to have Root and installed some Apk/app like 'LightFlow' from the play store.

Such a small feature but a big impact for me to be able to tell what notifications there are from a distance or in a meeting with out waking up the phone.

Im keen to buy a HTC M8 tomorrow if it supports this, if not ill wait for the S5 next week.

Any HTC phone I've had uses only green and orange. It's the same for the M8.

Reactions: seangtz

steelersmb

Aug 10, 2010
Hey Guys,

Lightflow does not work. I've tested every option and could not get it to work wit the M8. It sucks.

replica9000

May 31, 2009
yeah its at an odd place , two down and seven from the right lol (top speaker grill dots). Another thing I noticed is the orange charging/low power light is rather dim but the green notification light is very bright (compared to the other). Anyone else notice this?

Yeah, can't see the orange unless I'm looking at the phone dead on, but I can see the green from across the room.

djakrse

Jun 7, 2010
HTC One (M8)
Verizon HTC One (M8)
Before buying this phone, I was well aware of the lack of (customizable) LED notification support with HTC, and it still didn't stop me. This phone makes up for it in so many ways. After using it for a while, I thought for sure someone would at least figure out how to choose between amber and green LEDs for notifications, or even a combination of the two, but it seems only green is allowed somehow. Lightflow didn't work for me either. What a pity, as my Moto Droid could do many colors.

Pauls57

Apr 2, 2014
Buffalo
Lightflow worked pretty well for me, currently not using it, but there is a thread around that has a pretty good setup proceedure. I just found that it had some quirks, so I'm back to stock. You can disable the timeout if you edit the default.xml

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Napoleones

May 3, 2014
The stock LED light is pretty doing fine for me. Haven't tried the Lightflow yet for what I know, M8 has a limited colors for its LED light.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yes

yes, it's behind the speaker grill.
    Good to know. I was comparing it to my Note2 on PhoneArena and they didnt list that as a feature. I was thinking it didnt have it and how much I hated that on my Droid Charge(?). Thanks for the info.
    Hey Guys,

Any HTC phone I've had uses only green and orange. It's the same for the M8.

yeah its at an odd place , two down and seven from the right lol (top speaker grill dots). Another thing I noticed is the orange charging/low power light is rather dim but the green notification light is very bright (compared to the other). Anyone else notice this?