Hope for USB 3 accessories

Search This thread

Phusion

Apr 15, 2007
Now the S5 has been announced there should be more usb 3 accessories coming out over the next few months :fingers crossed:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

tiru.adi13

Mar 24, 2013
Bangalore
What kind of accessories? Like except for chargers where else would USB 3 have to advantage? Thanks :)

Sent from my Nexus 4

Hermosa

Jan 14, 2014
usb 3.0

Now the S5 has been announced there should be more usb 3 accessories coming out over the next few months :fingers crossed:

Is usb 3 quicker than usb 2??? I have one usb 3.0 cable, but I believe the transfer rate is the same as usb 2:confused:

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Is usb 3 quicker than usb 2??? I have one usb 3.0 cable, but I believe the transfer rate is the same as usb 2:confused:

You have to have USB 3.0 and the correct drivers on your computer.

Here is why there will likely not be any USB 3.0 accessories that actually work..

The Note 3 is not capable of hosting 3.0. It would require more power to legitimately host a USB 3.0 device. Not only that, the hardware is just not capable nor are there any drivers for it in Android.

It can read and write at high speeds from a computer because the computer hosts the drivers and has the correct drivers. Only if it has USB 3.0.

Any accessories you see that say 3.0 (like OTG cables) are not really 3.0. Especially if they are not manufactured by Samsung.

Sent from my SM-N9005A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hermosa

Jan 14, 2014
If everything is usb 3.o then it should be faster

If I wanna transfer sth, the cable is usb3.0, and the host should be usb3.0. Then it would be faster?

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

You have to have USB 3.0 and the correct drivers on your computer.

Here is why there will likely not be any USB 3.0 accessories that actually work..

The Note 3 is not capable of hosting 3.0. It would require more power to legitimately host a USB 3.0 device. Not only that, the hardware is just not capable nor are there any drivers for it in Android.

It can read and write at high speeds from a computer because the computer hosts the drivers and has the correct drivers. Only if it has USB 3.0.

Any accessories you see that say 3.0 (like OTG cables) are not really 3.0. Especially if they are not manufactured by Samsung.

Sent from my SM-N9005A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I believe the original brand"Samsung"

qlum

Sep 28, 2013
ZTE Axon 7
There actually are quite a few usb 3 otg cables on ebay so even if they won't help you they do exist. I can however find one use for them and that is that a usb 3 cable just fits bettter into the note then a usb 2 cable. As you need to look for the right hole with usb 2.

babyshanks

Oct 28, 2013
Minneapolis
There actually are quite a few usb 3 otg cables on ebay so even if they won't help you they do exist. I can however find one use for them and that is that a usb 3 cable just fits bettter into the note then a usb 2 cable. As you need to look for the right hole with usb 2.

Ya got one of them off Amazon but only the phone side is 3.0, anyway your right, the fit is better.

Anyway, what id really like to see is a updated smart hub with full hd capabilities and all the other fixings

Sent from my Wicked V.5 SM-N900T

Reactions: Phusion

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ya got one of them off Amazon but only the phone side is 3.0, anyway your right, the fit is better.

Anyway, what id really like to see is a updated smart hub with full hd capabilities and all the other fixings

Sent from my Wicked V.5 SM-N900T