[THEME/MOD]v21y 2.3.4 Arc'd Theme+QuickPanel MOD

Search This thread

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
You say uot. What is that? Could you tell me more? Could this help in my adventures of Modding the stock rom? I don't like App's that over lay and do something that you can do manually. So my question is I am very found of the ADW launcher that is used in CM7. Instead of bloating my phone more with Anderweb app or what ever. How could I use port CM7 launcher in stead of (desktop) launcher 2.3.4? Is it possible?

Sent from a phone... do you really need to know more?

If you consider adw as bloat then why use cm7? They use adw built from source.....do you know what you flash to your device? I was unaware that true features=bloat? What is bloat to you?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: alias503

alias503

Jun 20, 2011
L.I.T.H.
I don't think I was clear...sorry I realize what I wrote is not what I ment.. I did a little more digging and found the answer i was looking for. What I like is adw. Where I first found it was in cm7. When I found it in market it and installed it, I didn't like how it originally intergraded. And that I had to launchers asking me what to do. Same thing is why download a player when you have in source. The other thing is how can you intergrate adw in a rom build insted of the stock launcher. I also apologize that this is not the rite thread for thease questions. But still thanks to your help I am getting the tweaks and modifications I like. In away I get bothered reading post after post of people requesting small, tedious things out of developers. What I want to learn is how to do theses small tedious things my self. Also want to know the cleanest way to do it. Any how thank you for your help. :)

buru898

I don't think I was clear...sorry I realize what I wrote is not what I ment.. I did a little more digging and found the answer i was looking for. What I like is adw. Where I first found it was in cm7. When I found it in market it and installed it, I didn't like how it originally intergraded. And that I had to launchers asking me what to do. Same thing is why download a player when you have in source. The other thing is how can you intergrate adw in a rom build insted of the stock launcher. I also apologize that this is not the rite thread for thease questions. But still thanks to your help I am getting the tweaks and modifications I like. In away I get bothered reading post after post of people requesting small, tedious things out of developers. What I want to learn is how to do theses small tedious things my self. Also want to know the cleanest way to do it. Any how thank you for your help. :)

You could install ADW from market, then simply freeze the default home launcher with something like Titanium Backup. Then it won't ask to do 2 different things.

You pretty much can google anything and you'll find the answer :).

alias503

Jun 20, 2011
L.I.T.H.
That is what I am doing for now. Runs smother than I thought. I still perfer it written in the rom. Time to Google more and learn. Thank you for your advice.

substanceneil

Jan 26, 2011
Kwes, Many thanks + donation for your work on rooted 2.3.4 and this theme. Is is possible for a theme to make the phone run smoother?! Obviously a placebo effect from a really slick them, font, etc.

A few questions:
1, do you know of a simple tool to make the font just slightly larger? I love the font but it is just a bit small for me, especially in gmail.

2, Is Settings > display > animation > Some animations any different from All animations? Or is it all or nothing?

Reactions: kwes1020

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
Kwes, Many thanks + donation for your work on rooted 2.3.4 and this theme. Is is possible for a theme to make the phone run smoother?! Obviously a placebo effect from a really slick them, font, etc.

A few questions:
1, do you know of a simple tool to make the font just slightly larger? I love the font but it is just a bit small for me, especially in gmail.

2, Is Settings > display > animation > Some animations any different from All animations? Or is it all or nothing?

I received it and wondered who it was from so I could personally thank them. Thank you very much.

Yes it is possible for a theme to make the UI run smoother. Many often adjust things like animation types, speeds, and times to give that effect. There is many other tweaks that can be made as well within a theme.

The settings for animations should have some effect. I am still needing to adjust the animation speeds and many other things as I just threw this together quickly to give 2.3.4 users additional options.

If I recall correctly there is some font changing apps in the market that allow for different font sizes.

I am still working on a lot of other stuff. If I can't get it stable like I'm hoping for. I will just create a big theme with a lot of optimization until I can find the solutions to my issues.

I am still learning so I work slow but I don't want to release anything I'm not happy with. Or that I think is unstable.

Reactions: buru898

jnralp00

Apr 14, 2011
ATL, GA
Love the theme. Only thing I would ask for is battery percentage. thanks for your support kwes

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

yogieajuz

Oct 19, 2010
New York
Status Bar Disappear

Can anybody help me please?
After i installed this theme on stock 2.3.4 rooted v21y Kwes1020 ROM, my status bar disappear.
What im doing wrong?

Any help realy appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I was working on the current ROM I am trying to get going I got agitated and so for a break I themed it and made this while trying to get the extended toggles and tweaks to work right.

There is no need to do any wipes, as long as you are already on the stock 2.3.4 v21y rooted ROM that I posted. This theme is based off of the Xperia Arc UI and is FAR from complete, but I thought people would like something different with some functionality so here it is.

This will add the basic quickpanel toggles as well as the theme that I have included. All that is included so far is SystemUI, framework-res and some other small adjustments here and there.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anything you choose to flash to your phone.

Screenshots:
    2012-04-27181617.png

2012-04-27230834.png
    2012-04-27231002.png

To install:
    1. Have v21y already installed.
    2. Boot into CWM Recovery.
    3. Just flash the zip do not wipe anything.
    4. Reboot.

DOWNLOAD:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2kzxn29a46tr5sj

Thanks to UOT for the font and animation cause im lazy.
    Lotherius for Tsugi, cause I kanged his quick panel.
    Team Kang for teaching me to kang.
    And everyone who supports our work.
    150 downloads in less then 24 hours and 3 thanks....1100 on v21y rom and 29 thanks....my there are a lot of non thankful people in the world lol...

Yay, kwes hasn't forgotten about us :).

Nah I haven't forgotten. I'm a single dad so free time isn't exactly something that comes easy. I have a lot done but I'm having one major issue keeping me from a solid release. Once I can resolve it I will publish.

I've always kinda liked the Xperia launcher in various versions because Sony appears to have made FAST and LIGHT key words in their launcher. Too bad it is horizontal scrolling. But I put up with that because the launcher is just very clean.

Stock launcher has always bugged me... they tried to make scrolling "pretty" but instead they made it kinda "boomerang/springy" feeling... like you have to fight if you want to scroll fast.

Sony is definitely doing it right. Their images are super clean and well thought of along with their code. I'm debating on trying to do a port of a Sony rom just to try and for the beauty of their ui.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
    I thank everyone for their work, even if I don't download it or use. Trust me if it wasn't against the rules to make multiple accounts, I would make like 10 to thank your hard working devs /themers

I know its prly ppl that don't even post...but oh well.